I need a lightweight linux distribution to host a small Teamspeak server. Pls no gentoo maimais

I need a lightweight linux distribution to host a small Teamspeak server. Pls no gentoo maimais

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalocean.com/community/questions/setup-teamspeak-server-ubuntu-15-04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

debian minimal

Ubuntu Server.
If you NEED a Goeey:
Debian + LXDE/Openbox

Install gentoo

Ubuntu Server is perfectly fine for that.

Has GUI?

No, no "lightweight" server distro is going to have a GUI

Just look for a guide and it tells you what to type in, it's fairly simple.

digitalocean.com/community/questions/setup-teamspeak-server-ubuntu-15-04

>2016
>teamspeak

Coming from Windows server so just about anything is lightweight compared to this.

Don't run a GUI on a server, literally no need.

debian..

./teamspeak_server.sh

done

>buy raspberry pi
>use the debian pi variant so you can click on pictures
>host a mumble server on it

year of 2^10.98 - 4 want wanting to host a teamspeak server

I have tried that and the audio quality was shit compared to TS. I have heard that they are on equal footing as far as audio quality but I don't know how to configure a Mumble server to be non-shit.

Yea probably but I would like to be safe so that if i need to tweak something down the line I will have the retard option available to me so i don't have to dick around for too long.

You're so fucking stupid you don't deserve help.

It warns you when anyone connects if you set the bandwidth cap super low and there's so much documentation online telling you how to change a setting from a small number to a bigger number

yea it's really hard to nano mumble-server.ini and set 64 to 128

Not a bit-rate issue. Noise cancellation is poor.

this, ran TS server for 5? years and finally caved in and now am running a mumble server on the Rpi2, voice quality is better and echo cancellation required some fiddling but eventually met what I was used to on TS.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

NixOS if you're not a masochist.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.