I want to be respected as a programmer

I want to be respected as a programmer.
Which programming language should I pick?
C or C++?

Other urls found in this thread:

article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57918/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you need to make flame animation in ASM

Learn php

Programmers don't get respect, period.

You can get *recognition* by creating highly visible software. The guy who makes the flashy front-end animation showing arrows moving across a globe representing network requests will be lauded by management. The backend guy who made it all possible is just overhead.

You will probably never get respect, so just don't expect it.

pick both.

>I want to be respected as a programmer.
Get a degree in field like Engineering, Computer Science, Science (pic related), or even Finance. Teach yourself a programming language and take some classes in your major that require programming or have programming projects.

Being a programmer, as a rule, is a shit job. There are always exceptions to the rule. But jobs that don't require a foundation in something other than a programming language tend to suck.

That's bs. Management might not be very technical but most have basic understanding. They might not recognize the genius guy who developed a missiong critical algorithm but they will respeect backend guys more.

Get some real degree, like medicine.

>Management might not be very technical but most have basic understanding. They might not recognize the genius guy who developed a missiong critical algorithm but they will respeect backend guys more.

BLEH!

Nicely memed, Pajeet. Medicine is a meme. It is overrated because of big responsibility later on.

C++, then C, then Rust.

C to teach you the essentials.
Then C++ because that's what companies use.

doesn't really matter as long as your job position has a fancy title

>I want to be respected as a programmer.
Assembly commands respect, even from enemies. Machine code, even more so.

Anything high level is not worthy of respect, on its own. You need to do useful stuff in it first.

dumb tripfag fuck off to reddit

Respect comes from willingness to create, even if you start from scratch. Be it for yourself (at first) or for other people. Language is only considered after you know what you want done. Sure, I started with C++ and it was easy to pick other languages after, but it's not about min-maxing. All programming languages are relatively easy after you handle the first one.

AWOOOO

>underrated post
this confirms it: nobody in Sup Forums even knows what you're talking about
gtfo, webshits

>underrated post
Posts don't have ratings on Sup Forums.

I think you mean digg. Or some similar content aggregator.

machine.

C++ first, but without going too much into object oriented programming. Then C so you can do the same stuff more efficiently.

But the paycheck is nice and you can prescribe yourself some good shit.

>damage control
sure thing, webshit

C for respect
C++ for money
C# for more money
Java for even more money

But you only get respect with C

hhheellooo there.

good income, you save lives, and women get wet, whats bad about medicine?

Why not both?

Fuck she's hot. I rekon you could do that position where she's on her side and the other leg that normally get's in the way would allow you to go absolutely balls deep and flick the bean.

>(pic related)
no pic related.

eat some pussy

education to get it takes ages and sucks major donkey balls, 60hr weeks (can't just walk away from the surgery when your shift is over), having to work in a hospital.

>flick the bean
why did i laugh so hard

C

You can learn it pretty fast and every body uses C somewhere.
C++ is an ugly beast with 5 heads, unless you want to become a game developer kill it with fire.

UML

>programmers
>respected
wew

>code jockey wants respect tor babby languages

Learn Plc or something useful

article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57918/

This.

Who is this cum cripple?

All you need to be respected as a programmer is to make money and not be socially awkward. Who cares if a bunch of turbonerds think that Ruby is a babby language if you're making 150k and can speak like an adult human being. You've got it fucking made

i r8 1/2

Java you scrub

C# if you want a job.

It's usually the other way round.

C first to write efficiently, then C++ for safety and to actually get shit done

Tfw no cyborg gf

Both.

C++ allows you to call and interact with code written in C, so it's very possible that at some point you will need a library written in C in your C++ project.

Make your own programming g language stupid, and make it easy to help flood cs even more

To be respected as a pro gamer get mediocre at CS 1.6, then get good at CS:S, and then move to CS:GO. This I'd where the money is at. After warming up with earlier iterations you should pick it up easily. glhf

It isn't about the language you tard
its how good you are with logic thinking and abstraction

This

Once you know what you want to do, those languages are just list of available tools you're totally free to choose from

Pascal

>(You)dumb tripfag fuck off to reddit
Falcon is cool leave him alone, fuck off nigger.