You fell for the AMOLED meme

>you fell for the AMOLED meme

Other urls found in this thread:

displaymate.com/iPad_Pro9_ShootOut_1.htm
ibtimes.com/apple-iphone-moving-all-glass-design-2017-amoled-screen-analyst-2355318
displaymate.com/Galaxy_S7_ShootOut_1.htm
displaymate.com/Color_Accuracy_ShootOut_1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe don't be retarded and you won't have that problem OP.

Oh okay

Doesn't happen on my Nokia N9

Maybe andcucks are the problem

that will be $100+ for new display exclude the newest one like gs6/note5
>cuckmoled

nothing happens on your nokia n9

Smh I've kept my phone on high brightness (not max) for years and I still don't have burn in
You'd have to purposely keep it on all the time to get that

>chin cam
How did Nokia fuck up this hard?

That's a moto x 2013 right?

>amoled cucks on damage control

>AMoLED is now cheaper to produce than LCD
>AMoLED has better colour and brightness range than any other display type
>AMoLED saves more power than LCD screens because no shitty backlight
>AMoLED is coming to the iPhone 7 or 7S, thus making any fleeting though of iFag superiority on the subject null and retarded
>Samsung effectively cucked Apple with its better display type. And now Sharp is a subsidiary

Shiggy Diggy Doo.

>burn in
>mfw Galaxy S2 still fine

I don't see it that much on my s5

I frankly can't believe Apple didn't move to a screen with a 1-2 year useful lifespan earlier.

i dont see what you are complaining about OP

>using your lower binned, previous generation crap as a representation for a whole family of displays

Seems reasonable.

Samsung quality!

>amoled

Poor fag detected. It's all about Super Amoled, you cuck

You'd have to be autistic to be bothered by that

its literally the screens bezel and he is just whining about that that he knows nothing about

Banding like this happened on my note 3, vertically. It's somewhat of annoyance but I really only notice it when I'm looking at an entirely white image

>Giving a shit about a smartphone you'll barely keep long enough for this to be an issue
Really?

I have a M8 and its unbearably slow i cant wait for a upgrade

a phone screen shouldnt stay on long enough to develop burn in in the first place if you have your screen time set to higher than 30 seconds you are a HIPSTER PIECE OF SHIT and i hope to god you get murdered you fuck!!!!!!

S3 user here, no burn in at all, not even on my old 2009 Viera plasma screen.

better get a screen saver op

>have Note4 since November 2014
>on average 5 hours screen on time a day
>always on 50-100% brightness
>no sign of burn-in yet
>people actually thinking their LCD displays don't lose brightness over the years

Why not? They make most of their devices effectively obsolete through software updates in that amount of time.

that wouldn't bother be at all

Why the hell do you guys think the problem is screen burn? It's just AMOLED being dog shit and deteriorating over time. The top part is unaffected because it is black most of the time showing the status bar.

what does it mean?

>galaxy s3 since 2012
>av 7 hrs screen on
>25%-85% brightness
>severe burn-ins

Down
At
My
Nees

>mfw i have no friends
>mfw i don't have keyboard burnin on S3

>other companies jumping onto imperfect technologies while Apple compltely perfects their panel
>The Absolute Color Accuracy of the iPad Pro 9.7 is Truly Impressive as shown in these Figures. It has an Absolute Color Accuracy of 1.3 JNCD for the sRGB / Red.709 Color Gamut used for most current consumer content and 1.4 JNCD for the Wider DCI-P3 Color Gamut used for 4K UHD TVs and Digital Cinema. It is the most color accurate display that we have ever measured. It is visually indistinguishable from perfect, and is very likely considerably better than any mobile display, monitor, TV or UHD TV that you have.
>displaymate.com/iPad_Pro9_ShootOut_1.htm

When will android become relevant?

AMOLED is fucking perfect. Fuck off.

>has a smart phone
>doesn't use it for smart tasks like gps, games, video, web browsing, etc
>only turns it on for a few minutes at a time
Why not any simple call and text only phone in that case?

I have the same thing on my Note 3. It's caused by the black notification bar Samshit uses. They should color it so that the entire screen deteriorates equally.

>Droid turbo from 2014 launch
>five to six hours SOT daily
>no burn and same rich colors

Butthurt about your Samshit

lcd ips>>organic shit

I cant believe apple is going to use amoled screen now. I might finally switch to android

>I have a M8 and its unbearably slow
How is it slow? My One M8 is still as fast as it was when i got it ~ 1.5 year ago.

And here I am with my 4S running 9.3.1.

It already is, it's eating at iOS market share across the globe, phone profit margins are getting tighter and apple still thinks it can go for an apple tax

My Galaxy Nexus has very bad burn in. It looks like pic related. Thanks Google.

Doesn't make it any less shit.

You've got to be some special kind of fucking stupid to manage burn in like that.

Savage

No. If you use only the same apps, it will happen. Also, burn in at the status bar and navigation bar are guaranteed.

>lying on the internet

By the way is there a difference between normal amoled and super amoled ? Like the amoled in nexus/oneplus phones and the super amoled in galaxys? Or is it just marketing?

Yes. SAMOLED is miles ahead in quality.

Before OMNOMNOMLED meme phones there was a linux gaming handheld called gp2x wiz

the screen rot still scares the oldfags

is 9.3.1 the OS version or how long it takes in hours/minutes/seconds to open Safari

I had one of those
Way to fucking trigger me

D E V I L I S H T A C T I C S

That looks pretty cool imo

Better than Android's shitty memory management. You could stuff 64gb of RAM onto an Android phone and it will still not load a webpage without force closing

kek'd

Holy shit

Had Galaxy S4, 2 years, gamed on it a lot at full brightness. No burn in when I sold it.

Next phone is note 4, at about 9 months burn in from buttons of a game I played. From the moment I got it I noticed the Note4 had a worse screen than the S4.

ibtimes.com/apple-iphone-moving-all-glass-design-2017-amoled-screen-analyst-2355318

Doesn't happen on Motorola devices. You know, some of the only phones that aren't completely shit

Underrated post

Too bad the macbooks have worse color accuracy and contrast than Dell, Smsung, Asus, and LG laptops

>Color accuracy
I actually adore my samshit's oversaturated colors
It adds a lot more character

Have you tracked the record of analyst predictions for Apple?
They don't do very well at all.
The funny part is when they are wrong Apple's share price drops.
Weird.

hehe wouldnt have noticed

confirmed for retard!

#rekt

>displaymate.com/Galaxy_S7_ShootOut_1.htm
>The Color Gamut of the Basic screen mode is very accurate, with a nearly perfect 101 percent of the Standard sRGB / Rec.709 Color Gamut. Even better, the measured Absolute Color Accuracy for the Galaxy S7 Basic screen mode is an impressive 1.5 JNCD, tied with the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 for the most color accurate displays that we have ever measured for a smartphone or tablet, which is visually indistinguishable from perfect
I think you'll find that by their comparisons the galaxy s7 and s6 screens are far, FAR superior. Now, you were saying?

My screen has "burn in" after using an app for a couple minutes. It goes away on its own.

I have a tiny amount of burn from the status bar on my Note 4. Can't really notice it unless I'm using a burn-in checker tool and look really closely.

Does AMOLED use more power displaying an all-white background than LCD?

>>av 7 hrs screen on
Seven hours screen on time PER DAY?!?! Are you employed? What do you do on your phone for seven hours a day? How do you manage that without ruining your battery?

> Organic LED
> organic
>

iSHIT BTFO

displaymate.com/Color_Accuracy_ShootOut_1.htm

From what I remember, black pixels are basically turned off, which is why the spot where the notification bar is has better color; it's black and is basically off so it doesn't wear out like the rest of the screen.

So thats why i always see the navigation bar on my 2013 moto x

you know if that shit happens on the caanoo?

Well about half a decade ago or more I bought a Wiz. A little console that only had emulators and stuff like that. It had an amoled screen and god dammit it was sweet. Too bad the d-pad and the buttons kind of sucked. And it was honestly too small.

Sold it before this problem would happen to me.

Nope, cause it's not amoled.

I liked the screen on the caanoo too, just I wish it didn't have that weird stick. It's not that practical when you realize most of what you're gonna play on it are 2D games.

Is one minute OK? I'm a slow reader.

They've been saying this for years. My Not3 had the screen to beat when it came out.
It's almost like our ability to accurately display heavily filtered snapchats is unceasingly advancing?

I already ruined 3 batteries, currently I have a 3900mpah fat battery

>you will never daterape himawari

Underrated post.

Apple isn't manufacturer.

Top kekkles

what are you trying to show in the picture?

I have never experienced burn in with any display in my entire life, am I just lucky or something? Those pics of the keyboard being clearly visible are crazy, I almost don't even believe that would happen unless you left the phone with screen on and an unchanging picture for a few days.

>hurr lcd is better durr

Amoled is cancer
The IPS panel in a N5 looks better than modern Amoled flagships

Backlit displays have worse image characteristics than 20 year old CRTs. Backlit displays only came into existence because it was the only way to make displays slimmer. Backlit displays are incapable of producing proper blacks; so even an all black scene is producing large amounts of light. We can now make slim displays without resorting to the inferior method of using backlights.

i've got my old N5 right next to me along with my N6. N5 looks like shit whenever colors are dark (backlight bleed + off angle grey shift)

they're both LCD you fucking idiot

the camera is open, and screen should be black. looks like shit.

whatever weird LCD Sharp made back then was impressive for an LCD, but was still worse than Sony's OLED at the time for color reproduction and brightness.

also what was the deal with SED/CRT and plasmas that always had a grey screen when turned off? Like the glass or something under it was never as black as a modern LCD that has been turned off.

LG's OLED has a red tinge when turned off, while Samsung's AMOLED has a bluish-green tinge when off.

Who are you quoting?

youre wrong you fucking douchebag
Thats 2 versions of the PlayStation Vita; the left is the LCD version, the right is the OLED version