He doesn't use XFCE for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Arch or whatever distro he uses

>he doesn't use XFCE for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Arch or whatever distro he uses

You're missing out the best DE.

But I do

>dr. pavel im FBI

got to love that screen-tearing goodness

Love xfce, but I would never, ever under any circumstances for any reason recommend anyone use it. Buggiest, quirkiest shit ever. Do you understand how much docking around I did to get pulseaudio working? Holy fuck, use KDE noobs and fucking theme it instead of complaining about the KDE teams style.

I love xfce because I know it. If I knew kde I'd love that instead.

>the most basic limited DE
>the best

recommend me a DE that doesnt have screen-tearing

no, I'm missing out on screen tearing

>not gnome
lol

Xfce +Compton

LXDE>>>>>

comton's a meme, you're better off forcing your gpu to fix the tearing

Unity is better

>Unity

xubuntu master race reporting

>care to explain why?

This

KDE Plasma is the best

fools using a DE
the best DE is no DE at all

This is why I stopped using XFECES. Ubuntu Gnome comfy as fuck and i'm not going back.

The best DE is Cinnamon though.

> Born to gondola
I don't get it. I assume this is Spurdo portraying a US soldier in Vietnam but I don't get what that quote means. Someone explain?

>what is compton

You must be underage or highly illiterate.

this desu senpai

i3

I know about the born to kill helmets but how does 'kill' translate to 'gondola' in Spurdo-speak?

True.

>implying I don't
Ganoo without Xfce4-panel is literally unusable

>filthy vermin mascot.
Absolutely disgusting.

Just installed Arch about a week ago, got all settled in.

Feels great man.

Pure i3, no DE master race.

>claims Xfce is the best DE
>doesn't even know how to spell it

>knows spurdo
>doesn't know gondola

Either meme hard or don't meme at all

>Do you understand how much docking around I did to get pulseaudio working?
I honestly don't, There is pulseaudio xfce4 plugin in AUR. In Xubuntu it just werks. You are probably retarded. I don't use any other distros at the moment but it's probably the same shit. Never had any trouble with xfce in any of distros I used, save for tearing (which can be solved by with compton)

>Using a DE that doesn't support HiDPI displays

Mate will get HiDPI support faster than XFCE. Hell, Cinnamon already got it. XFCE devs need to step up their game.

nice try granpa

Pulseaudio isn't hard once you've wrestled with it once.

The terms alsamixer, aplay -l, pacmd list-sinks pavucontrol fallback/default device, possibly load-module module-alsa-source/sink and default.pa should mean something to you. On second thought now it seems a bit complicated.

Or simply
emerge -C pulseaudio

this doesn't help you when your actual device is muted in the ALSA configuration, or when your device is not recognized as a sink, or your device is recognized but set as the default-sink, or your device is recognized along with another but the order is different at each boot. This doesn't help you when you have set the fallback device incorrectly for unknown application for the pulseaudio daemon, and this also doesn't help you when the pulseaudio stream database still relies on an old manually changed device and you don't get any sound.

This is just installing it in Gentoo you tard.

Not even the guy you're replying to, but I really enjoy Unity after switching from MATE (which is great also)

>stop liking what I don't like!

nice

>Best DE
But that's enlightenment

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
It smells like gondola.

Does it do over 30fps ish ? Because when I noticed how much it tears playing youtube videos I switched to Ubuntu asap.

Never get out of the gondola. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole f'n program.

This. Fuck DEs