/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Old thread: For questions that don't deserve their own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/product/B0037UZ4A6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=556245207&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004Z6PA9G&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=1SXC2GTJXA1CDJJBDHRX
gumtree.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What software can you recommend to integrate updates into a Windows 7 SP1 ISO?

Ok

This morning i booted up my pc and it went to a grey screen with only the cursor visible.

Googling tells me it's probably my video card. I hope to god its the driver, as the card is only a few months old.

Thing is, it doesn't boot to bios so I'm not sure if i can run it in safe mode. im at work now so i can't check it.

Am i fucked? I suppose the course of action would be to try a second monitor, and if that fails try to boot up in safe mode and reinstall the driver or system restore. Then try and take the card out and stick it back in.

I'm stressing cuz i don't want to deal with sending the card back to evga.

It's a 960 gt 2 gig.

Am i fucked? It was working last night.

Is the Bizagi BPM certification worth it?

I put my mITX computer in my check in luggage. I didn't remove the graphics card. It won't break, right?

Is there a good utility to download all tweets and photos from a twitter account?

Stop being a worthless addict and you won't need to travel with a desktop GPU.

Gaymers are worse and more cancerous than weeaboos, and gaymer gear should all be banned from Sup Forums and contained to Sup Forums. That includes any GPUs that aren't Quadro/FirePro/Professional equivalents. Much like Razer products are.

Do you agree?

Does anyone know AHK? I have a strange bug (pic and code related).

^q::
wingetpos,,,width,height,ahk_exe chrome.exe
tooltip %height%
return

For some reason, wingetpos detects chrome's window height to be 64px, when the mouse cursor is hovering over any clickable element.
The above code produces the .gif, when spamming ctrl+q.
Can anyone try and confirm this bug? I really need the window height of chrome, even when hovering an element. no idea what causest his.

I'm going on an internship for 3 months. I do need my desktop.

You wouldnt have anything to bitch about when you get home from school

No. Cheaper GPUs are perfectly capable of putting text on multiple monitors.

Hello is this the thread for stupid questions?

You don't get to play off the fact that you were called out for asking meme questions by trying to become a bastion of board meta.

I know this is more of a question for a 13 year old to ask in youtube comments, but why the hell do I get so much lag in online games?

I'm currently using a TP-Link TL-WN822N adapter and a Netgear c3700.

I think the problem is my adapter because my roommate has no issue with the internet and he connected to the same router I am. After checking the TP-Link website it said the adapter I am currently using has 11N speed. I honestly have no idea what that means.

Should I get a faster adapter? What is the ideal for smooth gaming? I really know next to nothing on this topic.

Again, sorry for the ridiculously childish question. I really just need some simple help.

>smooth gaming
dont use wireless

is it worth fixing my i686 gentoo install that i broke on my x60 c2duo or should i upgrade to 64 bit gentoo

I tried again, this time showing x, y, width and height information, along with displaying it next to the Window Spy tool.
Window Spy tool shows it all correctly. However, the WinGetPos function still bugs when hovering over an element and now shows completely wrong values.
height is always 64 when hovering over an element, width a certain fraction of the original width, x is increased by about 3, and y is increased by a certain percentage of the window height.
What the hell is going on?

wingetpos,x,y,width,height,ahk_exe chrome.exe
tooltip x:%x% y:%y% w:%width% h:%height%
return

Try booting off of a installation CD/DVD/USB stick like Win7 install or Ubuntu live system, that will at least tell you if the video card is completely trashed. However a faulty GPU will usually display some kind of weird grid (at least for memory errors), sounds like a broken operating system (HDD failure?)

can confirm, Chrome 50, Win7 SP1

Why do Linux distros use i386/x86_64 designation instead of x32/x64?

simple question: should I install my OS on an SSD? One of my mates says I should for fast boottimes, another mate says I shouldn't, he says it wears out the SSD

Yea I get that, but its not really an option for me until I move out.

I'm fine with a lag spike or two here or there, but I am getting them constantly. Its more or less unplayable

the original linux kernel was written for a 386.

>not 8.1

click return - click settings
set preferenced - click export
paste url into bookmark properties.
>no favicon
go to Sup Forums do same thing
>favicon.
WHY YOU NO FAVICON Sup Forums?

which is the most powerful machine Linus Torvalds could afford at the time.

>he says it wears out the SSD
This is true however SSDs nowadays have a pretty high Life expectancy so don't bother about that.

You'll probably change SSDs before it dies.

>wireless
>understands wireless is shit for gaming
>still bitching about gaming on wireless

Wireless is exactly that, wireless. Out of no where sun flares could rape your shit down to 56k ,and there is not a damn thing you can do.
Dont waste your time with games,and do something healthy in your life

>you were called out for asking a question that made me butthurt
Yeah ok user. That's neat. Now if only you could do anything about my posts existing.
But you can't, because you are irrelevant.

Games dont "go faster" on an ssd
Install anything that isnt data,on your ssd.Put your user profile and media on your platter

>click [-]

>Games dont "go faster" on an ssd
dem improved loadtimes tho, that shit counts as faster to me

>Games dont "go faster" on an ssd
They do cache faster and load content faster. You are mentally retarded.
Stop posting in this threads because your answers are as idiotic as your brain.

I wouldn't be posting if this has ever been a problem before. Its an unusual amount of lag for even wireless, and I can't figure out why. I have used wireless for gaming before and know what to expect, and its not this

>But you can't, because you are irrelevant.
Hey, I'm not the one pissing his pants about gaymers.

[-]

Oh no, 1 irrelevant user has hidden my post. Whatever am i going to do?
>kek

You canot push your ram to be faster then it is
You bottleneck.
Loading screens mean jackshit when you're reading from the ssd in to ram

Learn your shit kid

I suspect it's something with Chrome's multiprocessing, i.e. there is more than one chrome.exe

I had success by including the Window Title:
WinGetPos,,,width,height,ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1,Chrome
ToolTip, %height%, 100, 150
return

>game data isn't loaded faster off of SSDs than HDDs
We have a new winner in mental retardation folks.

>has shitty reading comprehension skills
Didnt say ssd is shit compared to hdd

Puting GAME on your SSD,wont matter because SSD is loading data to RAM which isnt as fast as SSD, so there is a bottleneck as DATA is being written in to RAM for your area around your character

I own 1st floor of an apartment building,
2nd floor owner want to build a bridge from the street directly to the 2nd floor (needs my approval)
most likely will block the sun@that window + its right next to my bedroom and i work shifts, means i need good sleep.

how much money should i ask for?

The difference between the loading speed en route between the RAM and SSD, and RAM and HDD, does make a significant loading time difference in real time,
because that's also a significant step between the source files and the processing units on the CPU or GPU respectively,
you fucking retard.

There's no lines or a grid, i suppose my ssd could have failed, but all the parts are only a few months old. I'll have to dick around with it when i get home from work but thanks for the suggestion.

can't replace good lighting and happiness with money, I wouldn't let him do it unless it doesn't block

I plan on renting it for a long while, migrating to Canada

>to RAM which isnt as fast as SSD
nani

Thanks a lot familia, it works for me too and saved me from some very ugly workarounds.
What makes it work is the ",Chrome" at the end.
Just to learn, according to the help page, that ,Chrome is the WinText argument, which checks for visible text in the window.
According to Window Spy, the visible text of Chrome is "Chrome Legacy Window", and that's how it identifies the proper process. This is how it works, right?

ITT: Delusional Gaymers

Is rbt.asia ok or it will leave us soon?

Is there any "Save Image In Folder" type addon for Chrome?

>accidentally enabled windows 7 updates
>reboot computer
>takes hours to update
>fails to update, takes hours to revert changes
>restarts tries to update again
>cycle has been going on 4 more times
Please help.

You are right about the WinText argument

I don't know how Chrome works internally, could very well work like that. I just assumed the WindowText would help identify the correct process (the one with the high height), the 64px window was obviously some kind of hidden

Glad I could help

Enough space left on your C: drive?

If you have to load 1gb of data to your ram,from your ssd,you're still waiting on ram to catchup,caching helps but isnt enough

My power supply fan isn't spinning, and hasn't for a while. I've only just noticed. Should I be worried?

Note that i'm on an FX8350 + 750ti w/ a cheap mobo. Prob not pulling all 600w out of it but still, shouldn't it still start up occasionally?

Wait, if nothing after few hours (sp1/sp2?)
if nothing format is proly quicker

lately everybody started making their fans stop under low load.
read its documentation or try pushing it via CPU/GPU load

>Should I be worried?
yes

nvm solved xD

using WSUSOffline now to download updates

then WinToolKit to integrate

>210 updates

My chair just broke and a need a new one ASAP.
Is there a general for office chairs?
Chair should be good for my prosture and comfy if possible.
This is the one I used:
amazon.de/gp/product/B0037UZ4A6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=556245207&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004Z6PA9G&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=1SXC2GTJXA1CDJJBDHRX

Any recommandations?

I would like to not have to resort to that
Oh yeah, this hadn't occured to me, I'll make a live linux flash drive and try to delete some files from there. Hadn't occured to me.

Markus is nice

My Note 2 has a busted headphone jack and I'm too broke to fix it.

Is there any way to make it broadcast audio over the mic connection, since that would connect to the right headphone on non-mic setups?

Alternatively could I manage a ghetto fix of the jack somehow?

Who the fuck is Markus and what has it to do with my question

IKEA Markus

Reposting from previous thread cause I kinda came late

248 is 11111000, so first bit for subnet is fourth from right. 7 is 0111, its fourth from right bit is 0, so it belongs to the same subnet as 6(0110) and 5(0101). If you want third address to be separate subnet it should be 170.20.8.0

At least thats what I think

so my dumbass realized my planned gpu doesnt need to be as small as i though.

whats a full sized alternative to the amd radeon r9 nano that will save me some do$h? i dont mind if it takes a small hit to performance.

bonus points for cooler temps/more power effecient.

>what is bluetooth
unless im retarded and the note 2 doesnt have bluetooth.

>Is there a general for office chairs?
There are some from time to time, just make a thread

whats yer budget?

Thanks, will look into it.
Ok, will try to make one
Quality and longevity has priority.
I'm willing to spend 300$ max, unless there's some insanely good product over that price range.

It has bluetooth but that goes back to the main problem, being a broke ass nigga.

Either way all the bluetooth headphones I've seen dont have a long enough battery life to last a shift at work.

>broke ass
how much are you willing to spend?

i guess its not a problem until it starts smoking. just hope it doesn't short out my cpu because I can't afford to buy a new one right now

Would you use an ssd on a gnu/linux system? do you? will you recommend it ?
Not sure if post this here or in fglt

sure why not

I don't know, it's fast on my hdd and not sure if worth the upgrade

hdd heavy tasks will improve a lot, think distro updates, program startups (fucking GIMP) and overall more responsiveness, also useful if you have a gigabit network and transfer files from time to time

if it works for you as is then don't buy one, but it's nice to have

Should I get the honor 5x or 7?

At the moment the ol' bank account has -11 cents in it, but I'd be willing to throw at most 50 bucks at it since the Note 2 is already a pretty old phone as is and rather than fixing it I feel I'd be better off just getting a new phone.

Also the temporary fix I've used until now is bending the headphone jack on a pair of $1 headphones from walmart so it can reach the now depressed in right headphone connection, but it's not something I want to do to my nice headphones so I'm looking at a permenant fix since said $1 headphones aren't going to last much longer.

damn this shit is slow

I was actually sympathetic to your posts but then you said ssds are faster than ram.

Is there a way to upload pictures to Sup Forums without having to download them to my computer first? I feel like there should be a way to paste the url to a picture online and it gets uploaded to my Sup Forums post that way.

Like copy/pasting the link to Google's logo and it appears like this.

4chanx

So I bought a rMBP today, it's damn nice. I need to burn a Windows ISO to a USB drive though.
What software can I use? Bootcamp doesn't have the option to burn to a USB (even though half the internet says it does), and Unetbootin doesn't work.

Former win phone user here, how do I get WP whatsapp look on lagdroid?

Whatsapp aesthetics on android is ass.

Is there any point to having a dust filter on exhaust fan?

I put a spare one on and it made it super loud, it sounds like a tower fan

where would one go to do some illegal selling on the internet?

How do i get syslog for windows?

How to get rid of this propaganda?

GWX Control Panel

What software do you guys use to track the hours you put in, how much you got paid, for which client you worked, and so on? Many dankes

two registry entries:
disableosupgrade
disablegwx

I'm too lazy to find the exact capitalization right now

I want to start my own blog. Partly to see if it's succesful, but mainly, to have as a searchable record of what I'm learning at the time.

What is the recommended blogging platform? WordPress? Github with Jekyll? Medium?

interference maybe?

gumtree.com

Office?

>GWX Control Panel
Have you used it already?