Keyset wiki
>keypuller.com

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/kc60-mechanical-keyboard
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1286
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1289
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1237
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Motospeed-Inflictor-CK104-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Backlit-RGB-Apr27/1853027_32657550084.html
amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Backlight-Cable-Black-Magicforce/dp/B017N5SH6S
massdrop.com/buy/ducky-pbt-108-key-set?mode=guest_open
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for mx browns are the best light switch

That's not how you write reds/gateron clears/anything else than browns

Colorful PBT modifier keys arrived today.

>$ 40-150 preferably in the 90s
>U.S bum fuck Indiana
>blues has to be.
>ANSI
>%60
>no back light don't want it to stand out
>shitty laptop - using this as a means of using on the go kinda

massdrop.com/buy/kc60-mechanical-keyboard

Got my yellow modifier keys and think it looks really good. Not as bright in person. Don't really use the back light much anyway.

These three are all great quality, esp coming from a laptop scissor/dome

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1286
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1289
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1237

Hello again Sup Forums

Reminder of what I posted about two days ago:
Well, I received the adapters, and the result is quite disappointing: it doesn’t seem to work. It’s really a pity, because this keyboard really has a nice feeling, but it must be too old and doesn’t speak a recent enough language to be correctly converted by the active ps/2 to usb adapter. I’ll have to send them back to Amazon.
Well, I guess it’ll stay with my old computer I got it with, and use it only when I’ll times to times boot it again (but as it cannot run anything newer than Win3.1, well…)

ew

hello my n words

i really like it

dude you need only 1 thing

a Soarer converter
google it

you have to DIY it. go to /diy/ and learn more electronics and programming ,then buy a Arduino Pro Micro from the chinese for 5$, (like me) and upload Soarer's converter to it, and connect it all up and enjoy.

I bought my Pro Micro (atmel 32u4 usb-enabled microcontroller) today. Waiting 3 weeks to get it, in the meanwhile refurbishing muh Wang keyboard.

You bought a shitty cable that doesn't give enough power to the keyboard. The AT adapter is fine, but you need something like this for USB

www.amazon.com/dp/B000BSJFJS/

A Soarer's converter will do the same thing, but you only need to use that if it's an XT-only keyboard.

I'm poor and retarded, pls rate:
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Motospeed-Inflictor-CK104-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Backlit-RGB-Apr27/1853027_32657550084.html

Also, anything like that but with brown switches?

>anything like that but with brown switches?
I've yet to see a motospeed with browns, but you should be able to find other chink knockoffs with browns if you look around.

Not that you should. Browns suck.

I love my low profile MX red baby.

autism

Do any of you use a mechanical keyboard in an office setting?

>not 'hello my nkro's'

thanks for the advice, but ugh, Amazon US apparently doesn’t ship it to France. I found one on ebay that does, but the shipping costs about 20$. Well, I guess that’s better than buying a whole new mechanical keyboard

thank you too, I’ll try first what the user quoted above said then your advice, to be honest I’m not really that much in DIY.

define office

when i ta'd i used a chinkboard when i had to type up a lot of stuff

What's wrong with browns? I was considering blacks too, but I'm not really sure ...

Might be different brands on amazon UK, it's an OEM part that a whole bunch of companies sell under theirs.

Also check your board for an AT->XT switch, it needs to be on AT mode for these to work.

Waiting patiently for my CMY mods to arrive.

Yes.

>Might be different brands on amazon UK, it's an OEM part that a whole bunch of companies sell under theirs.
I see.

>Also check your board for an AT->XT switch, it needs to be on AT mode for these to work.
Alas, there is none, I also checked inside but there’s no such switch

>What's wrong with browns?
They feel like reds with dirt in them, the tactile bump on them is weak as shit

Hey guys. I'm looking for a relative small, as in TKL or smaller, keyboard to use as a portable keyboard for my PC. I'd like to get something either with a silver aluminum casing, or something that can be swapped to a silver aluminum casing, to match my PC. I'd also like Cherry MX Greens as the switch. LED isn't necessary, but I'd prefer either red or white.

I've been thinking of the Leopold FC660M with Greens and getting a silver case for it.

Also, here's my shit on my desktop.

>> $80 - $130
>> US
>> Black or Clear
>> ANSI
>> 100% or TKL
>> Don't mind backlights but don't care if it has any
>> shitty razer lycosa

I got myself one of those switch testers and found that I really like black/blue/clear switches. I see why most people don't like browns though.

Jesus Christ I'm retarded.

I thought you had some super fucked up right shift.

unless they're gateron browns
then they feel great

So I saw in the last threads that you got that orange alps board. How do you feel about them?

Lmao, welcome to the UK, where our keyboards have an L whee right shift is.

Now the question is whether to keep the full RGB modifiers like in or to just nab the red escape key and sell the rest.

I've got the blanks of those too. I don't think I'll use them though.

I guess that’s only for people who are learning to type? :’)

I think a black escape with the rgb mods would look better.

they sort of suck
they're tactile in that you get some resistance on a leaf spring then it drops right to the bottom
so its a bit like topre, except topre is smoother

i much prefer the cherry type tactiles, because you can ride that bump

you can ride my bump

it's very tactile

Interesting, sounds like you're in the minority on them being bad.
I loved mine when I got them them stock. Then I made them clicky, added some dry lube to the stems, and added more resistance / tactility to them by bending the leafs a little.
They feel better than blue alps now from what I could tell. (sold my KB-101a because of it)

Just received my Magicforce mechanical keyboard with imitation Black MX keys.

Wow. This is fucking amazing. I'm tying at like 1.5x the normal speed. And it feels amazing. Wow, no wonder this is a cult. Props to you guys. I think I can type forever with this thing. Let me just keep tying, ok, you can stop reading now. This is just a fucking test to see how awesome this mechanical meme tier keyboartd is. I hate that this didn't come with a meta key and a numpad, but I probably should have been more prudent while shopping. All I wanted to get was a """starter""" mechanical keyboard and this was only $40 w/ shipping so that was attractive to me. Whoa, this is actually addictive. No longer will I be plagued with horrible membrane keyboards. I will finally be typing the way man was intended to type, mechanically. Fuck you membrane niggers for memeing me into not buying a mechanical keyboard for all these years. I could have typed so much more and experienced these feels for so much longer. In fact I think there's a Jewish membrane keyboard conspiracy afoot here; that's why all laptops come default with membrane keys not mechanical keys.

Is there any difference between old browns and new browns? I got some switch testers in and the browns on them definitely feel less tactile than the ones on my old Das.

>Fake MX Black
>Feel
bait/10 but I'll bite.

Kinda like this one!
First mechanical keyboard.

I haven't experienced anything other than membrane keyboards, so this is a huge step up.

This is what I bought and am typing on right now

Managed to find a Leopold FC210TP in black with brown keys on eBay. Arriving Monday. Am excite.

forgot link

amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Backlight-Cable-Black-Magicforce/dp/B017N5SH6S

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

Welcome to the club user, I remember that feeling when I got my first one. I thought I was crazy for spending 70 bucks on a keyboard.

Kind of funny looking back. I must be somewhere past the 600 bucks mark with this stuff by now.

My keyboards

cool, blacks are a bit stiff but still nice and smooth.
you can always buy a separate Cherry/ALPS numpad if you really need one, but it's not hard to get used to 60%.

Do people unironically believe this or is it just post purchase rationalization?

I unironically believe. Shit tactility > no tactility.

Have you tried any linears on an actual keyboard yet?

I like tactile switches, but linears are damn nice too.

Shit tactility is just that though. Shit.

Idk, this doesn't feel stiff at all. Can't wait to try the other ones.

well i only have tried blues and browns and i prefer browns, i dig the subtle tactility and the lightness, i haven't tried clears yet but since switch lightness is important to me i'm pretty sure they are not for me

>at work today
>coworker walks up
>"oh hey user nice looking keyboard"
>starts pulling on spacebar
>wtf are you doing dot png dot gif
>"i just wanted to see what's underneath"
>mfw

sweet stabilized o-ring'd reds

I've been looking to get a hold of a FC660. Do you know if they're available with MX Greens?

I haven't seen them on sale in a while, sorry user

Just a quick question, I wanna buy a ducky keyboard, how do I know if it's a legit one or just a fake replica?

I've yet to heard of fake duckys, but I don't think you'd have anything to worry about if you don't buy from a chinese seller.

E. g. Get one from mechanicalkeyboards.com or some other website that appears legit.

ok thanks to know.

It probably varies greatly depending on condition. Like I've mentioned before, the SKCM orange I have are a scratchy mess with barely any tactility.

C L U E B O A R D

Also don't use UPS if you're in Canada, I did so accidentally and holy shit the brokerage fees.

Shame about the usb port on those. I was gonna get one until I realized it had one like that.

The one on my FC660M is so wobbly after a year, I looked into replacing it with a hard wired cable but it looked like a bitch

the varmilo?
if it gets fugged, i'll replace it

So you're saying that ice cream with tiny pieces of bird shit mixed in, is better than ice cream with no toppings?

Yeah the varmilo. Do you happen to have a closeup pic of the usb part of the pcb? The one on the fc660 looks like a bitch to fix

Plus I'm totally inexperienced with soldering, I did it a few times when I was like 13 and fucked everything up

that might be one off the most retarded things i have ever read

no i don't
i imagine its similar
most mini usb boards are like that

Try reds and then toll understand why everyone says browns are shit

Where's the best place to buy a mech in Canada?

It's in the fucking OP god damn

Somewhere I can find mechanical keyboards typing sounds? I'm very curious.

Youtube, but I can record whatever you don't find.
Have a studio mic and dozens of switch types.

Youtube? Search "mechanical keyboards typing" or "mechanical keyboard switch sounds" and im sure youll get a lot of results.
Search "[Name of specific switch] typing" for specific results.

My keyboard arrived a lot quicker than estimated, and it turns out this "Just Launched" seller didn't steal my money.

looks like shit

thanks for the laugh user

just bought the tai-hao miami set... Planning on putting on my Black Poker II. As a first set, how did I do? Did I screw up?

I like them, some here think they're just too special of a snowflake to have sets that others use.

Bought my first mech keyboard, a ducky one
Post some cool keycap sets for inspiration, need to buy a replacement for these stock orange-on-black ones

(preferably something with a blue theme like pic related)

massdrop.com/buy/ducky-pbt-108-key-set?mode=guest_open

thats nice but i want some color design ideas

Come again?

just interesting arrangements of colors

Who /reds/ here

What, are you looking at getting a set of WASD caps?

ye

Don't.

Oh, are they low quality or somethin?

Yes.

mmm that sucks

Just ordered this with blue/green switches to replace my POS Microsoft wired keyboard.

I have tried typing on reds, I wasn't quite sure what everyone liked about them. For a lack of a better term, they feel bouncy, without any particular feedback.

What term can I use to search for keyboards that have a very low base, so the keys are raised up?

Floating?

Yes, thank you!