Macbooks are overpriced

>Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/03/poorly-behaved-app-causing-crashes-and-link-problems-for-some-ios-9-x-users/
amazon.com/Samsung-950-PRO-Internal-MZ-V5P512BW/dp/B01639694M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463148190&sr=8-1&keywords=nvme ssd
gamepc.com/shop/products?sku=GPN-S1497
tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/10-14-Zoll/TUXEDO-InfinityBook-13-3-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Aluminiumgehaeuse-Intel-Core-i7-Energiespar-CPU-zwei-HDD/SSD-bis-16GB-RAM-bis-15h-Akku-Slim-Book.geek
dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9350-laptop/pd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The "macbooks are overpriced" meme doesn't work with MBPs. But with Macbooks Air it works.

>he can't do all his work in any computer whatsoever
>he owns his computer, he doesn't just use a flashdrive and borrow people's assets

dunno about overpriced, but the software is overbugged.

Tell me a function on your computer and i'll tell you how my OS X or iOS devices manages to bug the fuck out of it (on a clean install)

Web browsing

besides the fact that clinking any link at all crashed the whole OS on iOS 9.3.0?

Source?

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/03/poorly-behaved-app-causing-crashes-and-link-problems-for-some-ios-9-x-users/
>inb4 it's booking.com's problem

>It turns out that the app for travel site Booking.com crammed every single URL from its site into the list of associated links in its app

Pretty sure the app creators did that.

yes. but iOS allowed it to make the whole OS unstable. I'm sure Google and Microsoft are just as shit. but Apple are also just as shit too. The attention to detail isn't even there anymore.

Name another function of a computer.

Can OP finally put an end to reposting this thread every single day?

Searching (Spotlight)

No, until you admit defeat, assblasted shinkpad owner

All software has bugs.

I post it every few days at the most.

I don't use it besides app launching on OSX, which it does well. However I don't like on iOS how you can now either swipe down or right from the home screen to get two seperate searches, just so that one can have the keyboard ready, and one can have the suggestions. It's just really bad design.

>All software has bugs.
which software and how many?

OSX and iOS? about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or so

If you have nothing to contribute but worthless opinions and speculation, please leave the thread, shitposter.

It's funny, because I actually invented challenging Sup Forums to identify specific products that are better a specific apple product. Sup Forums always generalises. when you call them out on specifics, sometimes they are incorrect, due to averages. Apple is now shit though and i think that is more worthy of discussion than OP

Make no mistake, you're the only one laughing.

Holy shit can you stop posting the same thread over and over. We all understand your opinion now.

ever heard of XPS or HP spectre?

op pls leave

Got a link?

You are mentioning the base rMBP 13, which is the only Macbook that't not overpriced. Compare a rMBP 15 with a Dell XPS 15 of similar specs or a MB Air with anything in its price range and you will see why people say Macbooks are overpriced.

Retarded faggot.

wait sorry OP I thought you were a shill. Yeah fuck macbooks. Only a retarded faggot would buy one.

>I post it every few days at most

>build quality
>Apple
Pick one.

this copypasta again?

dell xps 13 > macbook air/13" macbook pro when comparing similar specs, the only case where this isn't true is where you compare the base dell xps 13 with the base mba (i.e., you can buy a shitty 4gb i5 macbook air with 500gb hdd, congratulations)

>It's the XPS13 shill again
Like clockwork.

>implying apple shills aren't shitting up this board on an hourly basis

Everyone waits until right before the refresh to claim MacBooks are out-of-date and overpriced. The refresh is out in June and then it'll be the best laptop on the market yet again for about 6 months.

>128 gb ssd.
>Can't upgrade because of propietary bullshit and there is only ONE aftermarket ssd that's compatible with 2015 macbooks (which is almost as expensive and half as fast btw). I have to pay $1800 usd to get a fucking 512 gb ssd when 1tb models are usually $200.
In short: Fuck apple and their propietary closed systems bullshit, I would buy a rmbp if I could upgrade the ssd/ram whenever I wanted.

Never mind I guess nvme ssds are not that cheap but they still cost half as much as buying it from apple.

>we have mechanical keyboard threads without an issue
>we have desktop threads without incident
>we have constant thinkpad threads 24-7-365 and nobody minds
>we can't have an Apple thread
>why?
>OP is a faggot who uses the same image over and over and usually posts b8 too
>thread fills up with angsty teenage faggots who just want to go with the grain and hate on whatever it's popular to hate on at the moment (Apple)
>tfw some 16-year-old's head explodes when you tell him you have multiple PCs including one that runs Linux, another that runs Windows, and a third that runs OS X
I just want a friendly Mac thread without the shitposting.

OS X is a great operating system, Apple hardware is often quite good, and many of their products are competitively priced within their own quality and price ranges.

But nobody here cares about that--they just want to fling shit at each other. I know many of you are young but I wish you'd grow up just a little bit so I could use Sup Forums for Macs just like I use Sup Forums for all of the other tech stuff I enjoy.

1TB PCIe SSDs are extremely expensive but you can actually upgrade it, it's just not worth doing usually.

I understand complaining about the soldered RAM but that's most laptops nowadays and something we just have to live with. If you're used to using mostly cheap crap laptops (like I was) or nice ThinkPads you're used to RAM slots. But even the ThinkPads have soldered RAM today afaik--think X1 and such. I could be wrong but in any case that is the trend and there are legitimate reasons for it in some cases.

You can't upgrade it. The macbooks use a custom sized nvme ssd so any aftermarket one doesn't fit.
amazon.com/Samsung-950-PRO-Internal-MZ-V5P512BW/dp/B01639694M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463148190&sr=8-1&keywords=nvme ssd
This one for example is $317 and is faster than the $500 upgrade apple offers.

Oh, well, if that's true then I guess you're right. I meant that it was indeed user-replaceable.

In any case, I think this is more or less a minor issue--as much as I hate to say it, I've owned probably 10 laptops throughout my life, and I only ever upgrade the HDD and such when I first purchase it, if ever.

It sucks, it means Apple can price gouge if they so choose, but what it comes down to is cost and benefit, it's that simple. Many of their products are just overpriced pieces of shit, but many of them are excellent and still worth taking a look at despite their flaws (many of which are minor or shared by similar products in the same price range).

Lenovo Y700 with the 4k screen.

I like using them but honestly paying $1300 and having 126 gb of storage is just baffling to me. One movie in good quality takes 5-10 gb. If I want/need a windows partition then that's my hard drive gone. No matter the speed I don't think you can justify having less than 500 gb of space on a premium laptop.

Yeah, but don't just pay off the shelf prices for MacBooks. It's like anything else--if you wait and use a bit of common sense and have a low time preference, you'll get it for much cheaper. It works the same way as any other electronic/computer products, GPUs, etc.

Take advantage of sales, edu discount (-$100), things like that Apple pay promo which offered 20% off last year, and so on. You can get a model that's $1700 on Apple's website for $1300 that way and meet all of your requirements.

Check the archives

Link?

Link?

>you can buy a shitty 4gb i5 macbook air with 500gb hdd, congratulations
meh if you're smart you can find better pricing
I'm using a 2015 retina MBP with a 256gb ssd that I paid $1300 for and I picked up a "refurb" 2015 macbook air with 128gb SSD for my irlwaifufor $550 shipped

Apple's "refurbs" are basically new--they replace the entire chassis and just reuse the motherboard and such, and they have the normal warranty and everything

Kill yourself faggot.
Having an Apple thread is like having a Filco thread, not a mechanical keyboard thread.

OS X is a shitty BSD variant, and that's all it ever will be.
Sage.

do we have paid advertisement threads now?

>OS X is a shitty BSD variant
one that works well on the desktop and laptop and doesn't require you to be a lifeless neckbeard just to make things sort of half-work at any given time?

children pls go

>meet all of your requirements.
but the only requirement is the Apple logo on my fashion accessory

that's a good meme, can I save it?

>I just want a friendly Mac thread without the shitposting.
Not going to happen. Why not just go to your apple subreddit?

>Not going to happen
you talk like one of those indignant black lives matter niggers.
>Why not just go to your apple subreddit?
it's for normies

Stop being such a cuck and regurgitating everything you hear in pop culture you gigantic faggot

then buy a bigger ssd i dont see what the problem is unless youre poor

>it's for normies
shiny icuck Chinese made fashion accessories are for normals as well.
That's why I suggested the Apple subreddit.

gamepc.com/shop/products?sku=GPN-S1497

/thread

here you go:
>tuxedocomputers.com/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/10-14-Zoll/TUXEDO-InfinityBook-13-3-matt-Full-HD-IPS-Aluminiumgehaeuse-Intel-Core-i7-Energiespar-CPU-zwei-HDD/SSD-bis-16GB-RAM-bis-15h-Akku-Slim-Book.geek

>shiny icuck Chinese made fashion accessories are for normals as well
...literally every single Android phone is worse in terms of being a Chinese piece of shit. That's electronics in general. At least with Apple you get something that is built to last and if you ever have hardware problems you can literally cruise down to your local Apple store and speak to real Americans who will just replace the damn thing half of the time.

You can even call them on the phone. 24-7 availability, native English speakers, etc.

>muh apple sucks fashion device xD
You're literally just spouting normie memes right now.

any good reviews out there for this?

>You're literally just spouting normie memes right now.
>implying it's good for anything else besides showing off at Starbucks or using it as a talking point with other psueudonerd/pseudointellectuals
not sure if you're memeing or just a delusional icuck

Dells xps line, idiot

I currently use it. It came pre-installed with elementaryOS, so no driver issues, and I can use it outside, because no reflections on the display.

When I bought late 2013 15 retina there were 0 computers that came close at that price (reminder that not everyone needs their super AAA games everywhere they go). Thinness/battery/display/looks/ssd/cpu + pretty ok iGpu combo/resale value/outstanding support in every country except mine.
Paid $2000, sold for $1400 after 2.5 years, loved it.

The thing is most retards here can only afford old and abused $200 thinkpad and thing like this is worth more than their car if mom bought them one.

oh, and everything else is pretty much as you would expect. the only issue until now, is that the email-program crashed a couple of times.

Yoł

Are you 15? I bet you don't even have a job. These are normal work hours for most adults. Why are you here? I'm a developer and I have the freedom to be here at my leisure--what's your excuse?

Macs are overwhelmingly popular with people who earn six figures, engineers, software devs, etc. for a reason

Again, you're just spouting normie memes. Do you shop at hot topic you delusional child? You're really fighting the system, maaan.

You paid 1k for this Chinese shit clone of a Macbook? You could have gotten a real one lmao

Enjoy that 4-hour battery life, lack of warranty, lack of support, etc.

Dude just get out of the thread,
The more you keep going the more retarded you sound. Just do yourself a favor. No one even knows what the duck your trying to say. Both of your responses to the different functions were completely falacious and opinionated

>At least with Apple you get something that is built to last
Nice meme. They make cheap gook shit with irreparable parts and then market it to the mentally retarded as le cutting edge reliable technology. In reality it's cheap unfixable gook shit you need to replace every release cycle. Their profit margin and entire success is based on delusional icucks that buy their overpriced memeware. The reason they're currently in decline is because the marketing is getting stale and they are losing the less mentally retarded user base that is no longer falling for it.

>lack of warranty, lack of support
>not being europoor, where warranty is guaranteed by the law
>4-hour battery life
I give you that one.

>piles upon piles of basic bitch normie memes
jesus christ, just go back to le reddit already

trackpoint and huge "thinkpad" logo are gay tho

can you give a concrete example of what you are referring to?

a component you cant replace or service?

are you too poor to pay for applecare?

>. These are normal work hours for most adults. >Why are you here?
You're casting a pretty wide net by moving goal posts and attempting to personify anonymous posters on a gook toon board. I would say that wide of a net would even qualify as indication of projection. I'm sorry the truth hurts. Being an icuck in this day and age, it's hard.

>time to dismiss things as meems so I can win the internet argument and add it to the tally
pretty sad tbqh family

>are you too poor to pay for applecare?
>are you too poor to be a cuck?
I think this was a technology board the last time I checked. Try for fashion accessories and more general consumerism

>post stupid memes and generalizations
>perturbed when someone responds in kind
ok

again just fuck off normie

that whole post was literally meme spouting
You're obviously upset
Why not just stop posting?

>post stupid memes and generalizations
>perturbed when someone responds in kind

keep going

This. Also

One hacintosh compatible desktop to dick around with.

>picked up a "refurb" 2015 macbook air with 128gb SSD for my irlwaifufor $550 shipped
>Apple's "refurbs" are basically new--they replace the entire chassis and just reuse the motherboard and such, and they have the normal warranty and everything
check out their refurb store, it's pretty good

For fuck's sake they're giving you model numbers, can't you do a google search?

dell.com/us/p/xps-13-9350-laptop/pd

>uses appleshit
>thinks he isn't a normie
>calls others gigantic faggot

>refurbished Macbook Air: 929$
>refurbished Macbook Pro Retina: 1099
Why does the Air even exist?

>hurr durr dell exaggerates battery life but apple is spot on
Someone posts a xps with 15 hours or 12 hours battery life fully charged
>hurr durr you cant trust those readings but apple readings are spot on
Its true i use it
>hurr durr shut up shill
>hurr durr my trackpad tho amiritire?
Let me know when apple has touch screen

Not a macfag and I probably will buy a refurb XPS 13 soon, but I care so much more about trackpad quality than a fucking touchscreen.

Because Air costs $200 to make, whereas Rectum costs $400 to make.

That's an extra $30 they can con out of iDiots.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have blurry as shit retina meme scaling

>macshit is good

How do you even qualify trackpad quality? Its not like xps one doesnt work, it has two finger scrolling and zoom as well and switching windows with 3 fingers. I dont think anyone seriously uses more magic meme gestures.

asus zenbook line
dell xps line
lenovo yoga line
from the top of my head

>inb4 someone points one area where the mbp is superior at
>while ignoring all the other areas the windows laptops are superior at

cant wait for the goal post to be moved again

If you are a man instead of an AIDS ridden tranny that had their muscles surgically removed to make them more kawaii, thin and light doesn't matter, and finding a similar laptop becomes much easier

Now nix the "retina display" as a gimmick for ricers and it's so easy it's sad

Truly, the only thing macs have going for them is muh look and feel, which is kind of fucking dumb because all laptops are inherently ugly as fuck regardless and will always look like out of place childrens toys that don't belong in a productive environment. You heard it here first folks - computers aren't pretty.

And neither are cars.

my asus ux305 shits all over the stupid macbook and costs half as much.

>well if you take a nice luxury sedan and pretend that it's a 2-door shitbox that I can afford with my pizza delivery money, it's SOOOOO easy to find alternative models
ok

The gpu options can't keep up with pc. You're literally buying an overpriced chromebook.

>asus ux305

BREAKING NEWS: Chickshit copy costs less than original

>core M
toplel

Chinkshit*

>And neither are cars.
Go fuck yourself

yes

>Macbooks

Iris Pro 5200 (MBP) vs HD 520(XPS)
Aplel wins in graphics.

Its actually Iris 6100 on mbp as far as I know which is exactly the same thing with hd 520.
The 2016 xps 13 comes with iris 540 though which is way better than all of those.

But on the overall scale of things they are all integrated gpus with barely any difference