Why don't people use desktops anymore?

Why don't people use desktops anymore?

phones/tablets are cheaper and allow most people to do what they want

Well.. at work we use them

Seen the desktop market lately? It's a fucking joke. Laptop processors in desktops that combine the worst of both worlds, ridiculously overpriced shitboxes that barely have more power than a high end smartphone, etc.

>prebuilt desktops

The average normie does not know how to build or put together a parts list for a computer

I knew it, Sup Forums is full of normies.

>buying a pre built desktop
C U C K
U
C
K

Full of Sup Forums you mean? It's less so normie and more so retarded 15 year old

Building a PC is literally adult legos

no one wants to deal with this autistic bullshit, you don't buy car parts to make your own cat.

>you don't buy car parts to make your own cat
You sure don't, user.

Most people don't need them. We hit a point around 2010 where higher end PC laptops started becoming true desktop replacements for the normies without being monstrous, noisy heatsinks. Apple laptops have been viable desktop replacements since the plastic C2D Macbook era. Now even phones and tablets are sufficing for a lot of people.

i do, i complied gnu cat on my car.

By 2020 your desktop is just going to be an empty laptop shell you plug your smartphone into.

If assembling a car was as easy as assembling a PC I totally would. Unfortunately it is not, largely thanks to manufacturers efforts to make everything as complicated as possible. We can't have people fix their own shit now, can we?

Desktops are for people who need to work, designers and people who play videogames.

Otherwise yeah, a laptop or even a tablet will suffice.

go away miles

i can get 3 decent desktops for the price of my phone...

You got a Vertu?

normies are good with laptops and handhelds. Desktops still survive thanks to offices and NEET gaymers.

Blackberry priv.

>6 years old technology

Laptops which provide good portability caught up to what most people need.
Office software
Internet browsing
Games
Video

Laptops use to be shit compared to a desktop and only offered good portability but weak power, now we have laptops which can do everything a normal person needs a desktop for.

but works great.

Normal people don't need them. My parents both have laptops, and my mom also has a tablet. They both just browse facebook, though my dad uses my little brother's computer to play games.

This is not a desktop thread.

Depends what you want to do whit it. If you only heck social networks yeah, sure.

why are they deleting my posts please stop
by the way my screenshots are of a laptop, buit I do still uise a desktop in order to play video games. Thank you for not bbanning me , I love the moderation team please keep up the good work and keep Sup Forums safe
thanks for banning all my friends

it works for everything except actual games. Thread is about desktops. if you want an actual workstation, it will be an other price section.

Desktop and workstation aren't mutually exclusive words.

>POWERFUL
>NOT LAPTOPS
>PERFORMANCE IS BETTER ON DESKTOPS

Wikipedia:
>A desktop computer is a personal computer designed for regular use at a single location on or near a desk or table due to its size and power requirements.
mostly used for office and web

>A workstation is a special computer designed for technical or scientific applications.

in most cases a workstation needs to be more powerful. so a workstation from past can still be a decent desktop in present.

People still use desktops. The ones who don't simply don't need them.

>implying it's easy to build an AIO yourself

that feel when laptop masterrace

Good one user

False equivalence, retard.

>autistic bullshit
>make your own cat

Oh well, what would you expect from a retarded memester...

>Depends what you want to do whit it. If you only heck social networks yeah, sure.
Just like a phone at three times the price.

What meme?

Normies don't care.