How-To pirate ebooks ?

I enjoy reading a lot of ebooks on different devices (mostly my old kindle 4, but also on my smartphone via google play books) but it's pretty difficult to find them

torrents don't really work - because almost no one uploads/seeds them - and I mostly end up hoping for some random google search hit on some filesharing site or something

is there any good way to search for specific books? some site or something I don't know about?

>tl:dr: how do you pirate ebooks?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>go into barns and nobles store
>take video of books as you flip through them
>?????
>profit

gen.lib.rus.ec

IRC you nigger
encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz

>find couple of books from some random sources
>put them on my ereader for whenever I feel like reading
>mfw multiple of them have missing parts or lines
goddammit
Maybe I should give getting them from IRC a try, but that kinda seems like a hassle.

this

this is the answer, user. lib gen has all you need

Irc

mobilism
libgen

/lit/erati approved
be sure to use mirc and never pay for it

hexchat respects your freedom

bookzzz.org

I just get all my mobi books from libgen. There's a reddit thread somewhere that lists all the mirrors.

what a fag, go google "google advance search"

if u manage to do such a complex thing u will see that u can search by file type, like .PDF (good for books wow)

google "title of book" .(dot) epub or .pdf

>trying to find pirated non-english fiction on the internet

You have a few options.

1) Get into Bibliotik.

2) Go on IRC.

3) Stumble upon the Libgen database as it gets chased around the Internet by literally every IP holder ever.

4) Use Calibre to strip DRM from "free" ebooks that have strings attached, like library books, Kindle Owners' Lending Library books, Kindle Unlimited books, etc. ESPECIALLY library books. You'll need a special version of Calibre's DeDRM plugin to do that, though. The regular one is intentionally designed not to work on rentals.

It's worth noting, however, that the regular version of DeDRM will work on other people's purchased Kindle ebooks. If you have a friend who has more money than sense and loves them some Kindle books, you can copy all of theirs, if you can get hold of their device for an hour or two.

I forgot to mention: if you're in college, your school might offer Overdrive-based lending just like public libraries do. My shitty community college did.

Just google "Bookname + EPUB"

I'll take "how to get malware" for 500, Alex.

>he doesn't use noscript

I used hunt around usenet and google to find them. IRC is so much better. Has nearly everything in multiple formats(mobi, epub, pdf).

oops that was meant for

Learn English, fucktard.

>torrents don't really work
wat?? you mean you're too lazy/inempt to find a decent tracker.

Honestly, he's right. Torrents are a lousy fit for ebooks. Partly because the filesizes are so small that torrents aren't really necessary, and partly because the variation in filesize is so radical that ratio-based trackers are a completely broken approach.

Consider a 41KB ePub, next to a 20MB PDF. On a ratio-based BitTorrent tracker, how do you reconcile that?

You don't.

I usually just go in Barnes and Noble and read the first few pages of books to see if I want to pirate them on my kindle or not. You can just go in and read them completely, this is good for some books that have limited readability

You know, if you had a camera with a high enough framerate and one hell of an OCR algorithm, that could actually be doable. I doubt you could ever do it with a smartphone, though.

I always wondered if we'd ever see a very fine version of ground-penetrating radar designed to read the ink on the pages while the book is closed. That'd be the holy grail of book scanning.

What are Libraries?

I just follow ebook.farm and all of their shenanigans around the internet.

Inefficient, artificially restricted, and obnoxious. Also requiring local residency for an account in most cases.

Myanonamouse
Bitsnoop

I though they moved from undernet to irchighway?

>is there any good way to search for specific books? some site or something I don't know about?

BOOKZZ.ORG

Use #bookz for fuck sake.

>Not pirating real books