Arch hate thread

How an Arch user spends their day

At the least this fat faggot is comeing up with new memes.

t. Ubuntu user who fakes using gentoo lmbo

Do you even understand what you just posted?

A meme

Retarded tripfag

I don't hate arch, just its archtistic users

Do you actually understand what that picture means? It's not anti-arch, in fact its likely pro-arch.

How op spends his days

>constantly updating your operation system
>archdrones actually think this is a good thing

>>constantly updating your operation system
Did you mean operating system?
Did you mean fucking operating system?!

Yeah I do, it syncs the repos that needs to be synced and updates your software that needs to be updated.

Okay, I think that's enough. To spend your hate resources more effectively, wait for a linux general where the shits are unironically recommending it to new users. You will not and can not change an arch turd once converted; he is gone. Your only hope is with new users, get them on ubuntu or fedora or something worthwhile and stop letting them get trolled into the quantum bullshit of arch user's paradox of ironically recommending it secretly hoping that it's too much for them and they freak out

I used to use arch then went back to Ubuntu. And yes, I did install it properly. I used arch for a few months then realized how dumb that was.

so much maintenance for a small os

"""""""Lightweight"""""""

This doesn't even make sense, who the hell updates every hour of the day

I used to say that using arch for a little bit was justifiable but there is simply too much risk of turning turtle and jumping head first into the autist pool and being unrecoverable. Reminds me of the old joke someone made about it likening it to "marijuana is a gateway drug"

>Browser customisation is a gateway to kernel optimolizations. Insist your family stick with Internet Explorer.

ok lets go with this lightweight theory.
why so many potentially damaging updates?
you would have to be crazy to even contemplate using it for a server.
its literally a pisspoor excuse for an operating system.

>Computer illiterate newfag

What is an update manager you dump tripfaggot?

He was joking. As in,
>KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!
>Wasting a massive amount of time doing all the same shit by hand that has been automated for almost two decades yup simple
Sup Forums is full of total fucking losers who insist that if something is "automatic" it is instantly and irrevocably bad. /o/ has the excuse of just doing gear shifts but there are 1001 things that keep your linux system running, you have to be a turbo IRC circlejerklet to honestly believe you or even a team of people would be able to keep up with that kind of demand

clearly you dont get it

>head first into the autist pool and being unrecoverable
Gentoo.Install it.

>why so many potentially damaging updates?
You don't even have anything to back that up
>Sup Forums is full of total fucking losers who insist that if something is "automatic" it is instantly and irrevocably bad
[citation needed]
>but there are 1001 things that keep your linux system running
You have not use Linux if you actually think that

You are that retarded insecure noobuntu cuck who pretends to use gentoo

>types clear instead of hitting ctrl+l
>names his computer his own name

This

>He also pretends to use Gentoo
Why are ubuntu sellouts so insecure?

Before you go full autist on me, I misread your 1001 things comment.
Not like you had a good point with that though, most of what my Linux system needed to run was automatically installed for me. I don't need to do anywhere near as much maintenance on Arch as you memers think

Byzanz exists, why are you doing that

Does your network look like this

Kevin's Wifi {
Kevin,
Kevin,
Kevin }

/thread

The entire point is this mentality has no place anywhere after 2006 let alone 2016 and will only lead you going back in time to 1996 which is when "muh control" was relevant due to consumer hardware being expensive.

>2016
>not using windows 10

I tried

Oh,Kevin,you are such a silly autist.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize I shouldn't be deciding what does and what doesn't go on my computer

>OP BTFO

It's ego boosting how obsessed you are with us, I might even give you an autograph or send you an used up cum sock of mine if you pay enough

(OP) Can't figure out how to install it, so he hates everyone who can.

Mhmm

Okay

What do you think?
The only things these fucking idiots spout all day are variations of "HURRRRR PACMEN BROKE MY XORG" without any thought whatsoever.

>names his computer his own name
OP is an autistic manchild but what is wrong with this

>This time he installs antergos
>Too retarded to take a screenshot
Lad stop trying

>pokemon browser game in background
kek

lmao exposed

Is this the same OP that has a BMI of 40?

Nah, it's an insecure noobuntu cuck who was pretending to be a genoofag a few weeks ago

Until he got exposed

My laptop actually broke so I can't shit post until I get a new one, which I'm saving up for

>trying to install arch linux now to prove self worth
please kill yourself

Sure

Okay
Look at

Also proof I'm not doing it now

>he's literally installing arch right now

Holy shit this is truly pathetic.

why are you even taking pictures of you installing arch

Look at and Also, I'm watching The Martian right now

I took awhile ago for proof when autists call me out on not actually installing it, and arch isn't even hard to install.

welcome to the master race, you can see you upgraded by how the mentally challenged kids are getting worked up over it
like this one

>only rolling release, not both stable and rolling like Debian
>no security team to speak of
>poor development tools, no isolated package builds (see: cowbuilder)
>can't easily cross compile packages
>no support for POWER

Tbh I actually prefer Ubuntu, but arch is like my second favorite distro, and I tend to go back and forth (at least until my laptop broke)

>Creates arch hate thread
>Arch is his second favorite distro

>Taking 2 days with the Architect
Hahahaha

Never again I have came across more insecure faggot than OP in my life.

Cause I think arch hate threads are funny, same with all the other hate threads

What? And I was doing it around midnight.

i have a feeling you're a closet faggot bro

Bend over and pull down your panties ubuntu cuck

?

Are you just mad because I proved you wrong that I am able to install arch?

>I proved you wrong that I am able to install arch?
Lmao
>Sup Forums made me install arch
>took me two days

>Sup Forums made me install arch
Nah I chose to install it
>took me two days
I was doing it around midnight

Sorry I'm wrong, it took about an hour and a half to download and install everything, it's just when the photo decided to upload.

Post feet already, trap fag

What?

Your feet. Let us see

So OP what did you imply with your picture?

Okay?

1. Shave
2. Wear rainbow high-socks
3. Wear panties
4. Post buldge
That's your next project

No thanks I have a gf

But Sup Forums wants your sexy feet

In socks?

rainbow socks, the long ones

Lol

Arch user here. I know I'm posting in an Arch hate thread, but I have too much free time and I'm willing to take this bait. I was going to post an essay on who each Linux distro has their own purpose, but I gave up midway because I don't have _that_ much time to write it in a way that sounds concise and makes sense, so I'll just give the gist of Arch for the ones that are still open-minded, before they start parroting that "arch sux" because it's the coolest meme around:

Each Linux distro has their own purpose. Ubuntu for the newbies to feel right at home in an unfamiliar environment, Debian for the people who don't want things to break but are willing to pay the price of not having the latest and the greatest features, Gentoo for people who love to wait hours on end to compile a few large packages, and Arch for the people who want to use a system with the latest "bleeding edge" packages that is minimal enough to let you decide how you want to configure your setup, but not minimal enough that you have to decide your own init system, how you compile your kernel, etc...

If you ever bothered to read the Arch wiki page, it clearly explains what you should expect:

[more in next post]

* Simplicity: "It ships software as released by the original developers (upstream) with minimal distribution-specific (downstream) changes: patches not accepted by upstream are avoided, and Arch's downstream patches consist almost entirely of backported bug fixes that are obsoleted by the project's next release."

Note the word "minimal" with the word "changes". For example, It's not going to do security fixes for you, because it's not their job. If there are security fixes, they should ultimately be in the upstream, or the software itself. Besides, if you want to use packages that have been specifically patched, you have the full ability to build your own (a bit like Gentoo), or even install pre-patched versions in the AUR. A while back, back when Wine didn't work for some reason on my games, not outputting audio to PulseAudio, I ended up installing the wine-multimedia package from the AUR, which had some multimedia-specific patches that were yet to be accepted into the upstream. All was well with my world.

[more in next post]

* Modernity: "Arch Linux strives to maintain the latest stable release versions of its software as long as systemic package breakage can be reasonably avoided. It is based on a rolling-release system, which allows a one-time installation with continuous upgrades."

The system is bleeding edge. It's going to provide the latest packages, which have the latest features that you usually can't find on another distro without compiling the latest package yourself. You want stability? You obviously came to the wrong place, and this distro is not for you. People who use bleeding edge versions should understand that much, at least. Trust me, I dealth with my own fair share of shit that Arch may have given me in the early years, but it was also because I didn't know too much about using it. Well, except for the Xorg breaking meme. That was fairly true a while ago, in my early years of using it, but not anymore; they've gotten really good at fixing that. As of late, Arch has been very good at not breaking your system, and making things just work, provided you configured the package how you wanted to. It's not going to give you preset configs. More on that later.

[more in next post]

How can you release all the latest packages anyway with a versioned system? It just doesn't make much sense. Hence, rolling release. There is no one "release". Just new packages. Seriously, why are you complaining about it being rolling release? I seriously do not see any issues with it, for all the time I have used it. If anything, versioned systems caused more more problems than rolling releases.

* Pragmatism: Blah blah blah, not as relevant.

* User centrality: "Whereas many GNU/Linux distributions attempt to be more user-friendly, Arch Linux has always been, and shall always remain user-centric. The distribution is intended to fill the needs of those contributing to it, rather than trying to appeal to as many users as possible. It is targeted at the proficient GNU/Linux user, or anyone with a do-it-yourself attitude who is willing to read the documentation, and solve their own problems."

It's not here to hold your hand. It wants you to build this system yourself, while giving you a fairly solid foundation to build it on. Why do packages have default config files? Because Arch doesn't know what you want. It wants you to read the docs, it wants you to configure the installation to your liking. This takes time and patience, but if you're willing to take the time, you'll soon have the ultimate riced up machine. And besides, it usually gives you pretty sensible defaults that you can build on. But it's not going to leave you in the dark, either: It has a wiki.

[more in next post]

"But Ubuntu has a wiki too!" Sure it does, but it will never be as good as the Arch wiki. The Arch wiki is one of the 7 wonders of the internet: It usually tells you most of everything you need to know about the package, and how to fix things if something goes awry. Shit, if a package stops working on freaking Ubuntu, you usually can find the solution on the Arch wiki! Every time I have issues configuring something, or I want to install something complex, I almost always consult the Arch wiki, and Get Shit Done. And it's a public wiki, too! All the users contributed to the documentation, not Canonical or something. How about that for dedication?

* Versatility: "Arch Linux is a general-purpose distribution. Upon installation, only a command-line environment is provided: rather than tearing out unneeded and unwanted packages, the user is offered the ability to build a custom system by choosing among thousands of high-quality packages provided in the official repositories, supporting the i686 and x86-64 architectures."

This is the big one. While it has a relatively opinionated base system for you to build your dream Linux system on, past that it doesn't know or care what you do. Want XFCE with Compiz with Xorg and ATI drivers? Knock yourself out. Hawaii (lol) on Wayland with Pulseaudio, using NetworkManager for your wireless connections and mpv as your primary media player? Sure thing, bud. Unlike Gentoo, however, you usually don't have to spend a few hours compiling those packages from scratch, and applying your patches to them. Unlike Ubuntu or Debian or Mint, it mostly doesn't have an opinionated setup. With Arch, you don't _reconfigure_, you _configure_. Oh yeah, and pacman is stupid fast, and has lots of packages. With yaourt and the AUR, you're practically unstoppable. Never again do I have to add APT repositories to my configuration. Have a fetish for compiling packages? The ABS is there for you, too.

[more in next post]

..looks like I ended up writing an essay either way. What a world, huh? I know my post is big, so I have no doubt some dude will cherry pick some fallacies that I may have said, but I don't care, those are my two cents on the topic.

Anyways, it's why I like and use Arch. It's not for everybody, but if you want to use it for the reasons above, then give it a shot.

Pic related, it's my sweet setup of Arch I have at work.

Thanks for reminding me, haven't updated in a while. Can't wait for my system to get 1 MiB smaller again.

Did someone say Arch hate thread?

fagget

I run that command once per day and my system gets updated to the latest of everything.

Your ubuntu system runs apt-get upgrade multiple times a day and only gets security updates.

can you please stop spamming this board with your garbage? you dont even know what you're talking about.

why dont i see a y arch users spamming up the board with pointless ubuntu hate threads? no matter ho shitty the arch userbase is you're worse for spamming retarded threads with no substance

I actually agree with all your points, which is why I like arch. I just think the arch hate threads are funny.

it says it in the OP you blind moron

KEK

I laugh at the memes as well, I actually used to bash arch myself before i installed it.