Why do people use emojis?

i really dont know since i dont use them

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/12/473965971/lost-in-translation-study-finds-interpretation-of-emojis-can-vary-widely
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well my dear emotionless sociopath allow me to explain.

Normal non defective people have a wide range of emotions which can be expressed in a facial expression. Typically descriptions of said emotions can use many words, however a picture representative of these expressions is a far faster way of conveying said emotions.

Now that being said Mr or Ms emotionless sociopath, if I were you I would work on mimicking these facial expressions when I saw them in public. It will fool people into not knowing what a creepy and damaged fuck you are!

I'd say have a great day...but someone like you would never know the difference anyway!

truuuuuu XDDDD XOXOXOXO 100 100 100 omgomgomgomg :D

>If i don tell im happy XDD or sad :""""( how will they know :DD

normalfags are dumb

Definitely the 10/10 emoji combination.

It used to be to better express yourself.
Since you can't really read emotion from digital text as much as you can from written text.

But that was the classic ASCII emoji's.
Present day picture emoji's are for kids.

Pls add emojis on Sup Forums Hiro-senpai!!! Xd

I wish people talked to me so I could use emoji.

Usenet. Everything shitty on the internet has its roots in usenet.

Avoid sarcasm and facetious remarks.

Without the voice inflection and body language of personal communication these are easily misinterpreted. A sideways smile, :-) or /s, has become widely accepted on the net as an indication that "I'm only kidding". If you submit a satiric item without this symbol, no matter how obvious the satire is to you, do not be surprised if people take it seriously.

black '''''people''''' ruined the internet ;(

Well my smartass friendly sociopath, in the written or typed word, many also find it lacks vocal tones and range. These normal (for everyone except you of course) inflections help to communicate feelings or moods to others.

In a longer more descriptive written work this is easy to convey. However in a short text message it becomes less so. Hence emoji and emoticons can be helpful to normal people to quickly make clear tone and intentions.

Once again these are things you will never understand, but with much mimicry you (like many other defective people) can at least fit in somewhat with a normal society.

Best of luck with all the terrible shit emotionless people like you tend to do!

:DDDD Because we all look like this

I don't use them. I think it makes people look like idiots.

We have clinical names for people who don't. There are damned good reasons for this.

Normalfags and lolis even have emoji pillows

Post the emojis you use the most

> names for people who don't
Grown ups?

Sociopath, borderline personality disorder... Those come to mind fairly quickly.

Antisocial personality disorder...

is that a half-erect bulge I see peeking out ;^)

>The one am I talking to doesn't understand my situation so I must tell I am sad

>I'll use the crying emoji so people take me seriously
XDDD

(Samecuck)

XDDD

>black hands

is this real?

But do not fear! As I said before with careful practice you can easily mimic the people (or victims) around you, and convince them that even you are a normal functional human being...

Or as is likely the case lull them into a false sense of security.

>he doesn't use the black santa claus

>samecuck

nah I would never dot dot dot here this shit ain't no muh fuccin anime bruuu

I don't use emojis at all the fact that they added diversity makes me sick that anyone would subject themselves to such nonsense on the lowest orders of the iq (bet you don't know how to spell that ) spectrum.

>false sense of security.
my tumblr sense is tingling :DDDD

Maybe I don't want to be treated by a schoolchild nigger

Before I started using them everybody thought i was being sarky or dead serious when I wasnt

It's come to a point on society where you are viewed as a weirdo if you dont spam these fucking things in every text.

this desu senpai

some people are just completely retarded and don't understand that something's funny unless there's a :-p

or that you're not being nice unless there's a :)

Remember the few weeks when Sup Forums had emojis?

That never happened

:DD
go bak 2 reddit fag fagmoji lover lol xd

I'll take that as a no.

Well in that case normal people are fucking autistic and I never want to deal with them again

Hey dont worry mate, there are lots of activities that non functional 'people' like yourself find semi stimulating!

Here's a sample of the activities that emotionless people may find rewarding;
Drug or substance abuse.
Theft.
Fraud.
Promiscuity.
Spousal abuse.
Murder.
Serial murder.
Mass murder.

And many others! And if you follow my advice you too can blend in with normal society enough to find plenty of (oftentimes unwilling) participants in your activities!

Just practice that mimicry user!

Yes it did.

>be talking to people I know on facebook
>user why dont you use emojis you sound angry and serious all the time

i need new friends

>I am sad/angry/serious
>M-May be i'll post a bunch of emojis so people take my sadness/anger/seriousness into account

XXXXXXXDDD

they used my shitty system fonts withouth moji support, so I never ctuallt saw them

You're mixing up sociopaths with autists. People here are autists, they feel emotions but they have a lot of trouble expressing them. Sociopaths are something different.
The activities autists enjoy are
>coding small scripts
>gaming
>masturbating
>watching anime
>arguing on the internet
>mlp

>People don't use nigger emojis
>They don't have emotion
>Emotions didn't exist before epic emojis XDD
My brain is full of XD's at this moment

Oh sorry my dear friend. I suppose I was being generous and assuming OP was part of the group that could actually accomplish something. After all it IS polite to assume the best. :)

Well, I guess instead of criminal activities good luck with your shiny objects and poorly written fan fiction!

I'm sorry friend. I was thinking you were a sociopath (the racism helped sell it) but another user informed me you were perhaps on the autistic spectrum.

So in the interest of soothing your autistic or otherwise retarded mind have a shiny picture to stare at!

I use them ironically sometimes, but I think they're stupid

Tell me user, which is truly more autistic?

>Having to spam a million emojis in a message to get your point across
>Writing the message in a sense where the person can interpret your emotions without a single emoji.

Smh desu senpai

>I got no arguments left
>I'll call him sociopath

:DDDD 100 100 100 XOXOXO :P XP

AYO PHAM CHECK DA INSTAGRAM 'N HIT DA MUTHAFUKIN LIKE BUTTEN

Definitely the 2nd one.
Only autists put massive amounts of effort in order to simply communicate.

Serious question...what the fuck does the 100 mean i see people spam that shit all the time.

Sociopath rage is scary.

It's like anger is the only emotion they can feel.

Testing emojis, because they used to work on here before.

It means 100%, that something is relatable, keeping it real, that something is going great

Welp it's official i'm an old fart now i just don't understand this shit or how everyone is all of a sudden offended by everything

Millennials are fucked.

The second one requires the most effort however...

They're called EMOTICONS you fucking weebs

Well my friend I'm glad you asked...and your answer is the second option as in a short text it would require far more words and button presses to accomplish the same thing, but in a highly anal retentive manner.

So yes you could use one emoji, or several more words and pieces of punctuation.

Hey now! As was said these are autistic people. Don't trigger their autism fits or whatever it is.

>however a picture representative of these expressions is a far faster way of conveying said emotions.
Good thing these emoticons are so ambiguous you can't decide whether they're smiling or in pain

>samsung is the only good emoji maker

top kek

>They're called EMOTICONS you fucking weebs

emoticon: text using alphabet and punctuation
emoji: image

Being this anal about small details.

While claiming non autism.

user go talk to your caretaker or whatever you have. I'm sure they will help explain it to you.

Because emoji is life! :^)

The MSN Messenger ones were called emoticons though.

I thought emoticon came from emotion + icon and emoji came because apple loves ripping off japanese concepts.

I'm 18, so most people my age use emojis. I used to use them back when not many people knew that you could enable emojis (on an iPhone/iPod) because nobody elese used them. But then everyone started abusing the fuck out of them (especially niggers), especially that fucking crying face emoji, I feel like a retard when I use that or any other emojis. The problem I've had is that girls ask me why I don't use any emojis, so I started using them a little when talking to them, but I feel like a nigger just using them. The only people who don't use them are the cool hipster kids with an ironic fashion sense who hang out across the street smoking cigs. I wish I could be them, but unfortunately I have to act like a normalfag because everyone in my life is a normalfag.

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/12/473965971/lost-in-translation-study-finds-interpretation-of-emojis-can-vary-widely

There is no tone in words on a screen. Even worse, people can misunderstand the tone, if any, in the text. Emojis help circumvent this problem when people are connecting.

Because they're basic. Text emoticons are superior.

While I agree that there is much value in nonverbal communication that is lost in writing, trying to mimic or recreate that nonverbal communication in writing is silly at best. In fact, people have managed to communicate more than effectively using just the written word for thousands of years.

(・ω・)

>100
>!!
Okay, while the value of emojis is debatable, I can maybe at least kinda-sorta understand pictures of actual objects. But replacing text with pictures of text? What the hell?

>tfw can't use emojis because of your aspergers can't tell what they are trying to tell you
FUCK YOU ALL NORMIES WHO USE THEM

∆∆

Because it's red and bigger and underlined, EMOTIONS AND SHIT

Oh, did I scare you, lil nigga? mayb u shud smash dat mf ly button ryt now

it's autism

d:^)8

You can't be serious. How can you NOT see that there is an immediately discernible difference in expression between many of these?

If someone were to look at the Emoji One version and the Google version, which one do you think they'd perceive more immediately as happy? I wonder.

You'd have to be autistic NOT to catch it.

Normies don't use them. Your average business man on his way to work doesn't type

"Yee omw 2 werk rn, crash @ hiway 2day so l8 senpai 100 xDD" and a bunch of what look like crying faces

Those are people on facebook and twitter, those same people frequently get into massive arguments and family feuds while completely unaware of how much they're embarrassing themselves in front of everyone.

Those are the spergs, user.

Why do you autists get triggered by a bunch of smiley faces? Do you think it makes you appear mature or less autistic? I understand not liking to use them but there's way too many people going full autistic rage disguised as "irony" every time someone doesn't adhere to the rules of their online secret club

love the frog

Sasuga Samsung and LG, endearing, warm smiles.

Everyone else looks like a typical sleazy salesman. Why are Americans so fucking autistic at design?

You have to understand, baring your teeth while looking nervous is the standard way to smile in america

They represent free speech

But I don't

same reason people use emoticons.
to express an idea with a symbol.

>you can't decide whether they're smiling or in pain
A sign of autism is not being able to read other people's faces and their emotions.

Go get yourself checked, because none of these look like they are in pain; besides if it were ambiguous, you'd still be able to make out the right emotion by context (unless you're autistic).

>none of these look like they are in pain

It's impossible to chat correctly without the use of some markup annotations to your text that (even if not that well desu) substitute body language and inflection

emoticons are just a type of chat markup

when you're teasing your gf for example you can write

you're awful : 3

instead of the more serious

you're awful.

>desu

wow Sup Forums replaces t b h now? reminds me of the roodypoo days.

Why do people on Sup Forums use reaction images?

>now
It's been that way for months. baka desu senpai

When and why the fuck people started to use the word emojis instead of emoticons?

That was the name they always had in Japan, ji means char. Apple introduced it to the West because of the special snowflake syndrome the company has.