Pacman in Ubuntu

>lifehacker.com/5880003/pacapt-brings-arch-linuxs-amazing-pacman-package-manager-to-other-linux-distributions-well-sort-of
PACMAN IS IN NOOBUNTU

GOD YES. Now I can use my server in peace.

Now we wait for snappy

>pacman
Having a high IQ comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, i do perfectly fine while only half paying attention to what I'm doing in Arch and other logic based subjects, but when it comes to religion i can't even begin to understand how anyone would believe a damned thing

explain the differences

>implying IQ is a relevant metric

>Having a high IQ comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, i do perfectly fine while only half paying attention to what I'm doing in Arch and other logic based subjects, but when it comes to religion i can't even begin to understand how anyone would believe a damned thing
10/10 holy shit lol.

WOW

Instead of typing 'apt-get install package' now i have to type 'pacman -S package' (the S has to be upper case because that's for installing stuff)

Instead of typing 'apt-get upgrade' to upgrade all my packages now i have to type 'pacman -Syu' which makes more sense because Syu is obviously upgrade all packages

My life now is so much better

>
>>Having a high IQ comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, i do perfectly fine while only half paying attention to what I'm doing in Arch and other logic based subjects, but when it comes to religion i can't even begin to understand how anyone would believe a damned thing
>10/10 holy shit lol.
ROFL! xd

gotta run apt-get update too mang

apt-get is
1. Unnecessarily verbose by default
2. Wants to remove window manager if I want to remove the login screen
3. pacman commands takes less time to write
Yeah
# apt-get dist-upgrade; apt-get update; apt-get install gimp
Vs
#pacman -S gimp

my mom does that for me every morning

Wow, that is stupid. Why even write an article about it?

I just GNU Guix as my second package manager.

>Wants to remove window manager if I want to remove the login screen
PEBKAC

>PEBKAC
PEIapt-get*

How well does that work?

I would have guessed that using multiple package managers would quickly fuck shit up.

It works pretty well, it maintains it own directory and you can download a lot of the latest software.

It's just a wrapper that emulates pacman on top of apt-get. Now Debian and Ubuntu is finally easy enough for Arch users.

Neat. So if I fuck something up I should be able to unfuck it pretty easily?

I've missed using updated software on my Debian server.

Pretty much.

It's always nice to be able to do things in a uniform way.

Wouldn't be surprised if the opposite of this program exists as well.

>buttravaged debqueen calling her half-assed freetard wannabe distro "hard" for anyone
>Also, ubuntu
KEK

Most Arch users couldn't roll their own policy compliant deb-src package to save their life.
Yet for some reason the take huge pride in their stupidly simple distribution.

you're telling me that pacman does a dist-upgrade when you want to just install Gimp?

that's fucking stupid.

he's mistaken,
"apt-get install gimp" is equivalent to "pacman -S gimp"
"apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade; apt-get install gimp" is equivalent to "pacman -Syu gimp"

Well as long as you don't manually delete stuff in the directories guix controls, you should be fine.

Who the fuck needs to make a deb-src file? and how do you even know "Most Arch users couldn't roll their own policy compliant deb-src package to save their life"? I'd like to see some proof there

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

You're all forgetting rpm is the best package manager

>not knowing this is old as fuck pasta
Found the newfag.
>this is what brainlets actually believe
How's that retard tier IQ of hours little Johnny.

Nice try but dnf is slow and you know it

Nix and Guix are the best package managers and the only worth considering in 2016.

Any guides on how to get started with guix quick?

Gross

Are you all fucking retarded?
>Actually thisBashscript provides a wrapper for system's package manager.
THIS IS LITERALLY JUST A FUCKING ALIAS, YOU TECH ILLITERATE MONGOLOIDS

i dont think anybody was misunderstanding senpai

it lets you use apt with pacman syntax