IBM can kill all viruses

Can you believe it. We're going to solve it!

popsci.com/macromolecule-developed-by-ibm-could-fight-multiple-viruses-at-once?src=SOC&dom=fb

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com
scientificamerican.com/article/are-viruses-alive-2004/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Somehow this reminds me of one of the stocks The Wolf of Wall Street would sell me

Multiple != all

I can only imagine how much poor rats are dying in the process of developing this. We deserve diseases.

the problem with this is that it's going to take a long time to be fully developed into a viable method of preventing diseases, since not even the most basic medication is available to some part of the population this solution is not bound to eradicate viruses. Maybe if the pharmaceutical business was different we could pay more atenttion to this, but you should know that it's going to take millions upon millions of dollars to develop the treatment and it's still not fully guaranteed to work on each and every virus and also, the treatment is probably going to be very expensive.

We're going to get lots of things we deserve before long. It'll be a hell of a ride.

>www.popsci.com
This is top tier /sci/ bait you've got there

>popsci.com

2/10 almost got me

this quantum computer protein folding/virus evolution prediction meme has to stop

So is IBM becoming a healthcare company now? they certainly are doing a lot of work in that area.

>wont ever get picked up because
>CANCER IS A BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY WAKE UP SHEEPLE

>valuing animal life above human life
>decrying the suffering (without even knowing the extent of it) of one life form and then saying that another life form deserves suffering
You're so fucking stupid and hypocritical I don't even know where to begin. The only way retards like you make sense to me is if you're just virtue signalling like crazy-- but then that makes you a despicable shit instead of just a retard.

>feeling bad for filthy vermin and not your human brethren
disgusting, user.

They're a multinational conglomerate who hold major market share in the mainfram industry whilst also researching and developing many different scientific projects.

>valuing animal life above animal life

What are some Sup Forums approved companies that are leaders and innovators in tech? IBM? GE? Aplel?

Are you vegan? Because a lot more animals get slaughtered for food, than for testing. Even though we don't need to eat meat.

I haven't read the article, but I imagine that a lot of these tests were done in vitro and didn't involve live animals.

>tfw algernons army kills us out in 200 years

Since when did IBM do biology?

You don't really need to do biology to develop stuff that could have applications in biology. Haven't read the article, but developments in one field aren't always restricted for use in specifically one field.

Also, a lotta companies are working on biology cause physics is slowly becoming purely scholastic in nature. Biology is the future. Google does it too, under Alphabet.

>popsci
Absolutely disgusting, for Popper's sake.

it's probably going to be done in conjunction with a pharma company, like novartis (which they're about to lose the contract on, so probably need some good PR to keep it going).

>it's a /sci/ makes fun of us again thread

kek norton can already do that

>happy that ibm has developed a human kill switch which can be given to the masses and used to take the world hostage

well it's the only thing that'll keep 'em afloat with Ginny being an idiot and Buffet asset stripping to lelnovo.

>could

When you see this word in media reporting, translate it to something like
>This is interesting but you will never see this ever again

How do you kill something that isn't alive?

How are viruses not alive you disgustingly stupid faggot/

They are literally chemical bots, with DNA inside, dipshit

Who cares about the lab rats, their contributions is helping people.

scientificamerican.com/article/are-viruses-alive-2004/

I can ensure you that the people who are testing on lab rats usually actually care about them. At least in the first world.

>We deserve diseases
Then sign in for their tests.