/guts/

Mini-ITX edition

Other urls found in this thread:

dan-cases.com/
pcpartpicker.com/p/rCwZBm
hardforum.com/threads/dan-a4-sfx-the-smallest-gaming-case-in-the-world.1799326/page-114#post-1042290655
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ayyy

How about my XL-ITX? :^)

>Guts: the same pictures and same people every fucking day

Could use better pictures.
Fucking sexy.
great use of the limited space.
Welcome to Sup Forums.

This isn't yours, fucking shill.

ITX is best edition

anyone here build a pc with the graphics card behind the motherboard?

What case?

red/black memers ww@

Why would you do that?
Can you even get PCIe extenders that long without destroying bandwidth?

The angle just makes it look big

I don't usually post, but since you said mini-ITX.

What case fans?

mini-ITX server guts.

Thermaltake Riing 14 white LED

Holy shit that's dope.

its a shame that these kind of cases are only made by individuals or in small batches and cost $200 ea

I thought those are radiator fans?

They're on my radiator as well.

They work well enough for intake and exhaust. I like the aesthetics.

If I were going for pure performance i'd have gone for Noctuas or Yate loons or whatever.

People never read the thread name do they? If you can't beat em join em though

as nice as ever
didn't realise how small the nano actually was. Looks good
>red and black meme
>white cooler
>white SSDs
nicest ATX in threads
When will you replace the 2nd GPU cable with braided?
Nice

Silverstone Sg13b

Gurus of ITX, I plan to do ITX build for my living room. The last time I did a build was in 2007 then I used laptops. The goals:

>quietness so I guess low thermals are necessary evil
>some gaming capability preferably 1080p but 720 is acceptable), mostly gamepad quick games like platformers, tekken-like fights, some racing and comfy couch games
>low power draw
>least amount of cabling
>low cost

My concept:
>ITX board (obviously), probably AM4 socket
>non-k Zen APU, preferably no more than 65W (or CPU plus PCI powered GPU)
>m.2 SSD (media on NAS)
>appropriate amount of RAM
>air cooling

Pls critique and advise

i3-6100
h110 itx board
8gb ram
256gb ssd
gtx 950/r7 360 (or just wait if you do need a dgpu)
sub 500w sfx psu
node 304
corsair silent fans/noctua fans and set them to low rpms

>didn't realise how small the nano actually was
It's 26.8L, which isn't particularly small for mini-ITX. It probably only looks small there because he's crammed it full of radiators.

what case? looks comfy

dan-cases.com/

Crowdfunding campaign is supposed to start this month.

Any mini-itx hackintosh'

This is pretty neat.

If only you'd turned that one fan 1/4 turn so you didn't see the wires. Oh well.

Obligatory.

Just bought a new RAM kit, so I'd have 32GB. It's too tall, and I either need a thinner radiator, or to just use the kit with no heatspreaders. lol

Having Linus in your computer: Priceless.

Yo do realize they're Noctua NF-F12's, right?

Alternative to the Thermaltake Core V1 case?

I don't like it that they have 2x80mm for the backend instead of 1x120mm fan.

>mini itx
>not e-atx

corsair air 540?

i've got one of those sitting unused with a 3770k in it (no gpu, just sold the pair of 7970s it had)

planning to replace my current "work" pc with something like this senpai

huge balls for such a small case

a cute!
could take a better pic to actually show interior, cable management could be better
noice, how's dust management in that?
neato, what do you use all those HDDs for?
simple
black & red means ultimate gaymen machine! :^)nice
how's the temps on that? Seems... claustrophobic
could use a dusting
nothing really matches on this
>LTT limited edition fans
Nice loop down there though
Similar to me, BROTHER!

Thank god you have it for that cpu those fuckers need lots of cooling

My son

fuck. looks like it will be another 2 or 3 years for it to be released

BEST. I don't think i've seen this one before. What parts did you use and what case? That computer is fucking SEX

i wouldn't go that far but thanks i guess.
pcpartpicker.com/p/rCwZBm
I did upgrade to 32gb of ram, also I wouldn't recommend that monitor, i had to rma 2 of the shits to get one without fucking dead pixels.

>neato, what do you use all those HDDs for?
hoarding anime, TV, movies, music, books, and a few games.

Sitting at around 11.5TB right now.

judge me, I'm finished

Just please use this instead

Could I switch to ITX from full with the release of polaris and all that shit?

Now that's a good rig.

>could you
yes
>should you
no

I like the portability for all the moving I do in uni.

If I see everyone else here doing well with ITX what is the trouble?

Why limit yourself
I took the retards route and build a separate PC that I keep in my dorm. Whenever I go to college I take one of my graphics cards with me, whenever I come home I take it back. That way the only thing I ever have to worry about is one graphics card.

nice ITX case. What are the temp differences?

what the fuck this is actually a good idea

About 3-5 c for everything but the M.2 compared to full ATX. M.2 drive goes about 10-15 c higher, up to 60c at load, but it's just some memory chips so I'm not worried.

source on the crowdfunding news?

Still waiting on Pascal/Polaris to finish this.

hardforum.com/threads/dan-a4-sfx-the-smallest-gaming-case-in-the-world.1799326/page-114#post-1042290655

oh boy I'm hyped

Had a Thermaltake Core V21, hated it.

Have Silverstone Kublai K06 now.

It's pretty good. Gonna be upgrading the RAM and CPU soon.

They're still Noctua's. And though I put a sticker on them, it's a sticker they came with. Maybe I'll just take a new photo with the dust filter in the way so everyone can stop having an autism fit over the fans lol

Becuase this is Sup Forums
We fucking hate linus and everything he does

Including have Noctua release a special edition of one of their best fans that ISN'T shit brown? lol

>We fucking hate linus
Yeah but those of us who aren't retards understand the NF-12 and NF-14 are still amazing fans and they look better in black, if that means buying the Linus edition, who gives a fuck? Performance trumps all you dumb faggot.

>Performance trumps all
Yeah well this is a guts thread, we judge your aesthetic

Here let me go put a Co-exist sticker on my bentley really quick

You're in a guts thread. Aesthetics trumps all.

>$30 fan+ s/h

rather get vadars or 3k rpm gt tbqh

They were about $25 with shipping.

Yes. And a minimalistic, great performing black Noctua is far better aesthetically when compared to the regular shit brown color.

See here.

Prefer browns over black with linuskektips

Not him but the black looks sleek as hell EVEN with Linus sticker. I enjoy it, but then again I also enjoy his scrapyard wars series. It's fun, and we'll edited.

Retarded.

You can get the industrial 3000RPMs if you wanna go that route senpai. They are also black plastic.

Also, based 6 year warranty.

My OCD is telling you to move your fan to the left a bit, your nail holes allows it.

I believe the NF-F12's are a six year warranty. I just didn't want the noise level of the industrial line, which is why I avoided them.

It was that far right because the route I needed to run the 24-pin. It was in the way a bit, so the fan was more off to the right.

they dont look as cool though

I was thinking about building in this case a while back. I imagine it's really hard to build? I know how to assemble a computer but I have no experience with ITX or cable management.

I see you used an SFX PSU, even though that case takes ATX. Why?
Also, I was thinking an AIO watercooler for the CPU would be a good idea, but I've never dealt with watercooling. Would aircooling work better here?

In so torn between this and the sentry. This one is functionally smaller, but the sentry give some leeway on GPU thickness.
Sentry is also going to be cheaper.

Low light

Any ideas to make the 8+6 cables look better?

Price on Sentry?

why do the best fans on the market come in the ugliest fucking colour

the noctua brown is absolutely hideous

I'm really thinking about doing this build with a 1080. For whatever reason I keep balking at the idea of MITX.

Then get the black ones you dumb cunt

>i5/16GB/R9 390
>1440x900 16:10 display

Buying a MG248Q 144hz freesync this week

i've gotta redo thermal paste soon so i will grab a new shot when i do

Is that an L9I? How are the temps in a case like that? I've got that sucker crammed in a node 202. Any headroom for OC?

Down blower or tower cooler for the CPU assuming you have the space available?

it is the L9I. Temps at idle ar ~40*c and head up to upper 70s when under load. The front fan is mostly useless sense it only is able to pull in air from the side of the vents. I've thought about making a foam/mesh replacement for it

>any room for OC
i haven't tried but I doubt it can handle much sense it is rated at 65TDP. It's super quiet though.

They're aiming for $150

They're having it laser cut and bent from steel bf doing final assembly themselves instead of stamped an produced by lian li like Ncase and dondan.

The heatsink is pretty small as well. I just assumed it may had to do with my case being small. 40C at idle? I'm at 32C currently with an I7 4790K.

Yeah, I haven't changed the paste in about 2 years....

Lian Li doesn't use die stamping for most of their cases, either, which is partly why they tend to be more expensive. They use an NCT rather than laser for most of the cutting, but otherwise the process is basically the same as it is for the Sentry.

backplate isn't standard on nanos?

Best itx-mobo for G3258? Thinking asrock h97 itx/ac because it's one of the few available here. Asus h81iplus and gigabyte h97 wifi are options. I bought Cm elite 120 advanced from sale already.

They count on it not being on display. Besides why would a 6 inch card need the extra rigidity from a back plate?