/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch and other shit.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Some user had worries that the chronograph function didn't snap back right to 12, took a shitty webm.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQX3LBI/ref=s9_simh_gw_g241_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=0YXGFCDTHFG47RX2PQ68&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=dc68ddd1-99ac-45e5-8c23-e9e0811a2b2c&pf_rd_i=desktop
chrono24.com/en/tagheuer/link-automatic-wjf2115--id3696878.htm
hamiltonwatch.com/collection/american-classic/timeless-classic/intra-matic-auto/h38455131
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
watchsleuth.com/seikodiverfinder/search/?CRM[]=Sapphire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try try again...

If I would take something looking like pic related to the watch service guy, could he buff it up into better shape, clean it generally, and go through the mechanics to make sure it runs smoothly? Or is it not worth the trouble? Starting price at an auction is 800 EUR.

>311
DOGSHIT

You can do whatever you want, bud. Those scratches aren't really going to be noticeable unless you look at your watch two inches from your eyes.

Makes sense. Thanks for the replies!

Would be nice if the strap guide had direct links to websites, or maybe a visual infographic?

Can I get a recommandation on a watch?

I want a $2-300 with this band type: amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQX3LBI/ref=s9_simh_gw_g241_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=0YXGFCDTHFG47RX2PQ68&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=dc68ddd1-99ac-45e5-8c23-e9e0811a2b2c&pf_rd_i=desktop

I had a sturling prestige with a black face that was similar and it was pretty nice, ended up breaking after 3-4 years. Might get that one again but I'd like some recs from those who may be more knowledgeable than me

I got this from the previous thread. Maybe there are more similar ones?

Oops, you were talking about straps. Never mind.

Scratches on the link-bracelet arent noticeable at all

>tfw your watch has ended and you see no point in buying a new one in >2016

what was your watch?

I love my sea master, not only was it a special gift but it's has nostalgic value being from Goldeneye and all. (Although mine isn't the exact same version, it's close enough)

hes such a faggot tho
/sbooilers

You're lucky. Get out while you still can.
Not wearing a watch just feels wrong to me now.

Quick! Post the watch you're wearing right now!

You might as well flush it down the shitter with the rest of the excrement.

Thank you for your comment, stranger!

Any current Seiko thin, time only (date at max), manual and with a display case that doesn't cost more than 500€?

I guess you're right. I'm probably more worried about how far one should be willing to bid on the thing given the non-mint condition. Especially since you can't check the mechanics and have no way of verifying its function. And it's not even that great looking or particularly special.

Nice.

Check out similar models on Chrono24

my new daily driver

How many bph?

But I just got out of the shower and am not wearing a watch ;_;

I really like the contrast on the grey+sapphire dial.

I don't think they do manual only below Grand Seiko.

Good point. So it basically already seems to expensive, like compared to this: chrono24.com/en/tagheuer/link-automatic-wjf2115--id3696878.htm

noice

Are you pajeet? Your skin looks very curry-like.

Nope, spaniard hombre

Ah... B-Bueno!

>muh dark skinned pajeet boogeyman
Come on now, we catalan get a lot of sun+mediterranean diet.
So not every tanned guy here is a dirty poo2loo.

My SKX daily.

No, but if you take the pattern of the fabric in the bottom right of the picture into consideration, people might think you eat too much curry.

Also a spaniard with a japanese watch is kind of a novelty.
Here's the national brand spaintards wear .

>Spaniard

You are a shitskin sudaca, don't pretend to be a Spaniard, it's quite cringey.

t. real Spaniard

What's the most expensive, dogshit watch money can buy? It needs to be disgustingly hideous.

HUBLOT

Bell & Ross

Richard Mille, HYT, Urwerk
The catch with those brands is that the watches are indeed very expensive and hideous, but they're actually really good and/or interesting mechanically.

Richard Mille?

Richard Mille

Me cago en tu cara castellano de mierda.
¡viva cataluña libre!
at least we're kebab free here

>want to order bezel on ebay
>country of origin: Israel

Fucking jews making money on the back of Russians.

They're great!

>Thinking about buying the Orbis Morgan AEGIS

Good idea or not?

New seiko came in the mail yesterday.

They're pretty good value, but you also need rather large wrists.
I wouldn't buy it unless I had a 7.3-7.5" minimum.

>at least we're kebab free here
>Cataluña is the most kebab infestated region

Panchito, don't lie to yourself. You know that you are as much (or even more) shitskin than them. Your pic is the evidence.

Let's not derail into an Sup Forums discussion, keep posting your poorfag Pajeet tier watches, they match your skin color pretty well.

I put forward this, or the diamond encrusted gold g shock

Quality, plus i like the band

>complexed fat albino fuck keeps crying because he'll never get that healthy masculine tan in his basement

>healthy masculine tan
>Implying you weren't born with that shitskin

Yeah i asked about it.

Common issue with them but yours seems to do it fine.

Do you have a problem with my countrymen?

But i like the look of that new sawtooth~ish bezel.

Snyper Ironclad is up there. If you remember my GPHG threads there's this one that can attach to 'snyper modules' like a laser and lighter attachment.

It's like 20k.

>9fag literally never posts his fossil or blind watch to avoid getting bullied

But he never posts any of his watches unless someone asks him to, or it's a new one he just got.

>wanting my attention this badly

I can kinda understand a flash light since always having a source of light is convineant, but why a tactical laser? The thing looks like some cheap shitty toy for a child.

We had three or four entire threads filled with his dumb blind's watch when he got it, shut the fuck up, it was nauseating. Nothing but shitposting about the watch for three entire threads and ninefag acting like a goddamn peacock because of a dogshit watch.

Opinions on these?

I dig the styling but I don't know shit about watches.

I have one. For one, don't get that shitty gold model; second, the bracelet is crap and doesn't fit well. If you have small wrists it is guaranteed to fit like crap, I have 7.5 inch wrists and it wasn't good. Very cool looking watch though, I get a lot of compliments on it. Wait until you can snag one for less than $150, paying over 200 like I see most of them listed is fucking stupid.

Anyone?

hamiltonwatch.com/collection/american-classic/timeless-classic/intra-matic-auto/h38455131
Something like this perhaps?

Orient Symphony is the closest i can think of.

Great watch for the money and can be either black or white dialed.

Very nice. Out of my price range though (but hey maybe I'll just save and wait it out)

I'm seeing some good interesting options.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Aren't they impossible to find now? Really like the look, very retro.

>Do you have a problem with my countrymen?
Yes:)

Also anyone ever looked into making a one way bezel on an Amphibia? There must be some way to fit one on it.

Is tudor black bay /g approved

I cant post my other nice watches here without bullying from people with 100 dollar seikos

It hurts

>Caring what autists think
Fuck the plebs.

Well stay mad son, or come to visit and hate us even more.

But with how the grooves that hold the bezel in place are built ins standard Amphibias, it's not very feasible.

The only way would be to also make a custom case that has a clickball like contraption with a custom bezel. Which would have a Seiko~like bezel action.

Yup.

hell yeah

>things_that_never_happened.post

I have a better idea than that, but I wouldn't share it with a jew, don't want to get assassinated and my idea stolen.

Any love here for the seiko monster divers?

Ive wanted one for a long time, they look fun

I actually kind of like that.
This isn't something I would wear, but at least the design seems to have been thought out and not just random shit put together (apart from the dashing in the chapter ring for the first 20 minutes).
It would be even better with tritium tubes though.

Still not likely to be very feasible anyhow.

I'm about to buy one.

As soon as i unload my Citizen.

Is there any way to keep consistent time without regulating the watch? Or is consistent time keeping an unrealistic expectation? Yesterday I was -2s today I'm ~+4s. It's not really a big issue I'm just wondering.

I like the ones with orange dials. Possibly with a black rubber strap. Maybe blue.

I dont like the xs series too much

That's quite good for a Vostok.
Also, keeping consistent time in absolute values is impossible, a variety of external and internal factor qill always change the time keeping.

That's why manufactures of watches don't say their watches run at +5s or something, they say -5/+10, for example.

Thanks.

The Orange Monster? Great watch for the money.

They having amazing lume and good bracelets. The Z20 strap they come with is meh at best.

To be fair, they usually gain like +30~45 secs new out of the factory.

My unregulated does +40 and regulated does +5 a day.

>Aren't they impossible to find now?
They're very common on ebay but finding a good deal on one is hard.

I've seen that ugly shit posted before. Its way to large for your wrist

It actually was at -40s a few days ago. If it goes back to that I might kill myself.

PROTIP: time.gov is not down-to-second accurate due to browser and http related shit. Your PC clock will be in sync though (at least on Gahnoo/Loonix).

Also listen to DCF-77 on 77.5kHz:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Let's hope it doesn't.

Amphibia's are rather consistent in their timekeeping.

What's so nice about the Black Bay anyways? It just looks like yet another diver to me. Might as well buy a real Submariner?

The only annoying thing is that very few jap versions have sapphire.

Hardlex and regular mineral glass are shit for regular use, maybe not for something unrealistic like diving

My fathers 15+year old tag heuer link has a slightly domed sapphire glass and its still flawless

I like the way it looks. Rolex is something people buy for 5€ on the beach at Gran Canaria. Its ruined for me, nice watch tho

New Rolex subs don't look anything like that.

Cool, thanks.

If it's sapphire you want...
watchsleuth.com/seikodiverfinder/search/?CRM[]=Sapphire

Well, there is the newer SBDC025 Monster Gen3 with the 6R15 movements and Sapphire glass, but they are twice as expensive as the older Gen2 SRP307/309/313 that i'm trying to get.

It shouldn't be too hard to find Sapphire glass for the 2nd Gen Monster's to be fair.

Im mostly looking at creationwatches.com, nice deals on seiko.

Too many seikos, its a jungle out there. Just make one each REEE