International Vivaldi installation day

Today is the day to install Vivaldi and give it a try. It already supports all websites in the world and Chrome features, besides its all unique features and the fastest GUI ever.

if its so great, why does it break embedded youtube videos on Sup Forums

Does not respect your freedoms.
Who knows what the browser is doing behind the scenes :^)

Opera 12 reporting in.

I never understood the browser business. how do they make money?

I gave it a try and i think it's a pretty good browser.

Selling user data, which is why it's closed source. There are also basically no costs involved for most, because they're built off the back of Chromium. Vivaldi is literally just a basic web app running on top of Chromium, with an horrific Javascript UI.

Advertisements Analytics and Donations.

yeah, I noticed it. wanted to use it as webdev tool and noticed you only get detached dev inspector (like in all chromium apps)

but they did a good job on the UI.

GTFO shill

just started using vivaldi last night, pretty impressed. though the webpanel is still sort of buggy.

>One of the things that makes Vivaldi unique is that it is built on modern web technologies. We use JavaScript and React to create the user interface with the help of Node.js and a long list of NPM modules. Vivaldi is the web built with the web.

keknope.png

>People still shill this shitty browser

Fuck off shill

Mah nigga, I'm using 12.16 indefinitely

>all that memory usage
Do I fucking look like I'm made of RAM?

Can you explain what's so terrible about that statement?

The UI is a fucking website

>javascript for a desktop application
>javascript for a desktop application, over a properly coded UI
>meme.js and a long list of NPM modules
>long list of npm modules
>long list
>npm modules
>probably broke during the left-pad saga
>can't even write their own retarded little javascript functions and need to rely on 11 lines of another NPM module

Nobody with any brains has ever had anything good to say about meme.js, npm and, in some cases, javascript itself.

So fuck off normie

Oh look, it's that brand spanking new ANOTHER Chrome clone. Srsly, GTFO.

Fun fact, Vivaldi doesn't use RAM _at_all_

please stop fucking advertising your stupid fucking product kind fucking sir
i am 100% rused

kek, not even a single bit of vivaldi is loaded into RAM

>read op
>install it
>can't drag and drop tabs
Is this shit real?

>should someone tell them?

no

kek, no

This is best chrome clone anyway

The logo looks cool, but I'll happily wait for Otter browser.

Note to Instagram — this is how you make a logo.

nobody chromium mustard race here?

No, because there's no such thing.

my dubs trump yours, so I win

Nah, this isn't Sup Forums

Sup Forums is a better place than Sup Forums

kek

I have my Chrome setup to use a 2GB RAMDisk as browser cache and temp internet files instead of my SSD.
Is there an easy way to setup Vivaldi to do similar?

Same here, though I'm trying out Chropera. No side panel no buy though.

>byotiful

>he fell for the RAMDisk meme

I'd totally try vivaldi if it wasn't for its web ui

Are you retarded? RAMDisk for browser speeds up Sup Forums quite a bit, especially if you frequent BST, Guts, or a desktop thread. Reloading all of those large pictures every time you re-visit the page is a pain in the ass, storing all those pictures on a RAMDisk however makes them basically instantly accessible when I reload the page, causing little to no delay.

Yes, use symbolic links on Windows or the Linux equivalent to point the cache directory of Vivaldi to a folder in your ramdisk. I have done that to all browsers and some other programs I use.

All folders are erased automatically on restart or shutdown, and SoftPerfect Ramdisk recreates them on the next boot.

If you mean the colored tabs, you can set it to use a static color for all tabs.

Vivaldi is made by the same people who made Opera until that version.