Making a new thread because this isn't against the rules and it's on topic

Making a new thread because this isn't against the rules and it's on topic.
Why do other operating systems not look as good as OS X?

>menu bar takes up double the vertical space of a Windows one, only has 6 controls

>Round buttons, like they're intentionally designed to be hard-to-click-on

>incredible waste of space margins on all sides of the UI form

>"8 GB Installed" image and text label to its right horribly out of alignment with each other and the parent form

How can the menu bar take more space when it's universal between applications?

Function > form

If you have to explain why your thread isn't against the rules then your thread is probably shit.

Because Apple thinks that one of the most important features of their OS is the looks, and that's not a bad thing, they make a great balance between looks and function.

also don't forget that they stole part of gnome 3 headerbars.

Good thing OS X is more functional than windows

He probably means the tab bar at the top, for the 6 controls (tabs) comment to make sense

They were doing the header bar with iTunes years before gnome 3.
You should add me on steam

whatever you say :^)

Those tabs aren't used often anyway.
In fact I think that's the only place you see them.

Any Unix-like is more functional than Windows. Are you stupid?

nah miles, i'm fine, i don't need to talk to anyone now. thanks for the offer tho.

O-oh. Sorry

>Are you stupid?
Oh my god I can't get over how good this argument is. Are you some kind of genius? Teach me your ways :^)

Keen.

Nope, if I was stupid I'd be using a mac right now. :^)

If your superior intellect lead you to Windows, I have some bad news for you.

I shouldn't have to explain why *nix anything is better than windows on Sup Forums of all places. You don't belong here

Nice meme

miles why are you trying to fuck a literal underage tripfag

I'm not?
The only person I want to fuck is my 22 year old bf

>OS X
nice meme

Let's see windows do THIS

Do what?

Maybe the notification? I dunno.

Does windows not do that? kek. Even i3 does that on GNU/Linux.

What do you use steam for? Chat?

How is your new iMac?

8K high ppi

I have games on it too, but I gave my gaming computer to my sister because my desk doesn't have room for two computers

Where do mactard morons get the false impression their blogshit circlejerking is welcome much less belongs on any tech board/forum?

How does it feel being computer illiterate AND a brand whore?
I wouldn't be surprised if you thought ThinkPads were the best laptops you could get

>How does it feel being computer illiterate AND a brand whore?
Wouldn't know, you'll have to tell me.

>americlaps
>literally worshipping corporations like religions for scamming them with 10x markup sweatshop made chinkshit

Cupertino needs to be fucking nuked.

Friend of mine also wants this iMac but he wonders how will windows run in it and if any scaling problems. (Needs it for autocad)

Apple used to make some really nice products.

>Apple
>nice products.

Good joke.

>Cupertino needs to be fucking nuked.
this desu senpai

LOL, I said used to...after OS X Mountain Lion I made the switch to GNU/Linux...

>Mountain Lion
>good

Lol, I meant after Mountain Lion was released; obviously I never used it lol.

The unibody MacBook Pros are much better the non-unibody ones ever were.

Windows has horrible scaling. Tell him to build his own computer.
Alternatively if he is made of money he can probably just get a display port monitor and use that for Windows.
If you can CAD in a VM that would work too, since VM software on OS X supports pixel doubling.

Yes, your blind hate for something you'll never use simply because of the isn't consumerism, not at all.

I like GNU/Linux

Of the brand*
Swype is terrible

Apple morons should be rounded up and gassed desu senpai.

When you get the freedom to steal ideas from anyone and get praised as innovative doing it, it's pretty easy to make something that looks good.

because OS X was designed by professional industrial designers

windows was done in powerpoint (pic related)
and linux, well, do i really need to say it?

Watching this thread going so much off-topic is terrible, so I'll just end it here:

>Looking good is opinion.

I can understand and respect the people that think osx > pc in terms of looks, but personally, rounded windows, space consuming buttons and general minimal design just looks bad to me.

In the end, from an artists view mac looks better

but again:
>""looks"" = opinion

cheap as fuck, scenpai

>OS X
>professional industrial designers

never said anything about the code, fuccboi

also,
>implying osx has more bugs than this shit

>>Looking good is opinion.
speaking generally or just of OS design?

Because looking good is proven objective, we have computer algorithms that can rate faces, photos, and that sort of thing better and more consistently than humans

someone may disagree about which of two face looks "better", just like you might disagree over which of two cars is "faster", but it just means one of those arguments is objectively wrong.

>When you get the freedom to steal ideas from anyone and get praised as innovative doing it, it's pretty easy to make something that looks good.
Then how come Windows is such a disaster?
Microsoft has been blatently copying the Mac (albeit very poorly) ever since Day 1.

Linux is done by the greatest scientific minds of our generation.
Windows is done by old dinosaurs who will never leg go of legacy.
OSX is done by literal brain dead morons who can't even feed themselves.

That's the difference, Microsoft is not praised as innovative but as blatant thieves.

This.

The only difference is the customer base.

OS X is a Unix like (or Unix if you want to argue that)
That automatically makes it more functional than Windows, and depending on your needs it may be more functional for you than Linux as well.

> Yosemite/El Capitan
> looks good

you need your eyes checked. this is the worst kind of flatshit, the Apple-kind of flatshit with neon colors, gradients and gaussian blur

They have dotted lines like a child's activity book. Why are Mac users such undeniable faggots is a better question.

well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Are you implying Microsoft is innovative?
The only innovative things they did were business related, such as making deals with computer manufacturers to use their OS and only their OS.

>El Capitan
>Flat

Reread the post, neither Microsoft or Apple is innovative, both are blatant thieves. One however is praised as innovative and the other is recognized for the thief it is.

One has introduced consumers to the GUI, high PPI, modern smartphone design, composite window management, and a number of other things. Microsoft hasn't really done much other than unify the OS market, which was beginning to happen before they became relevant.
Keep in mind I said consumers. What good were things like the Xerox Star and IBM T221 to the average person?

Apple has blatantly ripped off other companies for years and has been called innovative because of it.

> GUI, high PPI, modern smartphone design, composite window management

>he thinks apple invented any of this shit and didn't blatantly rip it off other companies, including Microsoft

Great reading comprehension.
I'll let you try again.

I can't wrap my head around why people get so assmad about each others' tech choices. It's like getting angry at some random person you meet for drinking tea when you like coffee

Only faggots like tea.

what is that

I'm a girl too btw hehe ^~^

>Function > form
Not always.
Sometimes the form is a function.
Aesthetics can greatly influence our workflow.

>girl
>im
jej

fuck off cunt i take miles of dick and i hate tea

Steve Jobs was absolutely brilliant at taking other people's ideas and making them relevant and friendly to the end consumer, creating markets where there were none, and building a designer label with a clear aesthetic and set of principles.

Everything about the iPhone came from something else. From Hungarian notation to the form factor. But it was probably the first smart phone done right. And I'm pretty sure it was all Jobs. He knew what it should be, how it should look, feel, function and all.

I would say Steve Jobs' Apple was innovative. Unfortunately I don't think there is another Steve Jobs. Even if there is, I doubt they're in Apple.

Is Tim Cook's Apple innovative?

>Is Tim Cook's Apple innovative?

My eyes are bleeding. At least use Photoshop or some shit.

Unintuitiv shit from 90

What function does OS X lose out on because of form?

>function
>OS X

Reported.

Looks are objective, I personally like 90degree boxes more than rounded once.

This Windows10 is very appealing to me.