Show em

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=safest root note 4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2/2

Reddit , kek

Are you a muslim OP?

Why amaze over mixplorer? Just curious

Are you on marshmallow? Is the privileged extension working? I remember that after switching from lollipop to marshmallow it didnt work anymore, havent tried it since though.

>mixplorer
>F-Droid

>Privileged Extension
What does it even do? Besides extend the privileges, of course.
?

Off topic, but what's the 'safest' rooting method that won't install botnet shit on my Note 4?

I don't need a custom Rom, just SuperSU.

*extending

It allows Fdroid to install apps even though you disallow installation of apps from unknown sources for example.

lmgtfy.com/?q=safest root note 4

17 on my lg tab 10

12 on my moto e with no google play services installed

No shit, awesome. Don't know why I couldn't figure that out, thanks. I'm thinking this might be good for when I install F-Droid for normie friends and senpai, or just for extra security, since malware can fuck you with installing from unknown sources enabled. Any drawbacks, does it fuck with installation locations or make uninstalling things a nightmare?

I just installed WiFi privacy police app. How can I test it? I mean how can I see a list of WiFi network saved in my phone from outside?

Leafpic is an open source quickpic and, while it's full of bugs, it's one of the few open source galleries that support hidden folders

With kali linux with monitor mode enabled in the wireless device you can see a list of networks in every client device in range...

To enable monitor mode:
$ airmon-ng
$ ifconfig wlan0 down
$ iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
$ ifconfig wlan0 up
$ airmon-ng start wlan0

And finally:
$ airodump-ng mon0

>third party app for reddit
Just use the official app m8. It's a proprietary web service anyways. What's the point of not using the app made by the developers of said service?

>It's a proprietary web service anyways. What's the point of not using the app made by the developers of said service?
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read

How's overchan compared to clover?

>What's the point of not using the app made by the developers of said service?
Because the official reddit app sucks and it doesn't respect my freedom. Reddit kind of respects my freedom (but only to a degree) but that doesn't excuse using the App, especially since you would need GooglePlay for that.

Overchan is objectively better, has more features, more options and runs on less ram. However clover-fags are shilling this app in every other thread so you better test it yourself.

Is there anything better than Amaze that doesn't have the stupid material design layout?

what good does this data do to you data harvester?

Sorry English not my first language. What I meant was, what is the point of a third party open source client, for a proprietary site, for example Facebook or Reddit or whatever. You still get all of the harms like tracking, cookies, and ad supported content. The entire backend is still closed source despite all claims otherwise. Yet you get none of the benefits such as stability or it working when the site has an update. This is such placebo tier shit coming from Sup Forums of all places.

You don't. Install the apk from APK mirror.

I won't bother listing them all but here are a few I really like
>AdAway
>AnkiDroid
>Ghost Commander
>K9 Mail
>Kiwix (probably my favorite app)
>Kolab Notes
>Lightning
>NewPipe
>OsmAnd~ (probably the best app on F-Droid, objectively)
>Overchan
>Plumble
>Twindere
>Vanilla Music
>Retroarch (my least favorite app but sadly the only free as in freedom emulator that is still actively maintained)

>APK mirror
Enjoy your Botnet

>Yet you get none of the benefits such as stability or it working when the site has an update
You get the benefit of not running a closed-source executable on your phone. Remember, you want to control the software, not the other way around. It's not all black and white and just because one part of a system is non-free it doesn't mean you should just go and use proprietary software.

Not that many.

Just as a reminder, reddit is (partially) open source and the official proprietary app uses the same API as redreader. You don't get any advantage from using the app, it has less features and is closed source.

The proprietary app as you say uses the same (closed source, there is no such thing as "partially open", why are there parts that are closed?) API. You are just using an open source frontend to access this closed API. What benefit do you gain from this other than just to say, "I run an open source executable". All logic dictates that what you are doing is still participating and supporting non free services.

I get that maybe it has more features. That is a logical reason for using it, but to claim any kind of superiority is just being a fucking hipster.

NewPipe is awesome.

If only it handled subscriptions and playlists it would be the perfect YouTube app replacement for me.

Hell playing stuff in the background without YouTube Red OR an Xposed Module is good enough to warrant having the app installed, you don't even need to download the video itself for background listening, it'll get the audio for you. Saves data on the go.

>What benefit do you gain from this other than just to say, "I run an open source executable"
Are you fucking stupid? Not that guy but don't you see the inherent benefits of running a program that is NOT a botnet?

That is an "om" symbol. It represents hinduism, not islam, you dumb fucking burger

It also allows for automatic installation of software in the background. Auto-updates.

>using android
>arguing about open sores software

AdAway is love, AdAway is life.
Also, Xposed Framework...

You fucking tool. You trust the maker of the closed source app with all your fucking personal information, email address, passwords, and all of your comment history bye even using the API in the first place. Yet you feel perfecly fine because you think you're using an open source program as a front end to the API which mak3s it, accordingnto you, not a botnet.

The level of retardedness in Sup Forums is beyond belief.

But that's exactly what RedReader is not doing. You can check for yourself. You can see all the information it sends to the reddit servers and how much it tracks you. Same goes for NewPipe, which does not track you the same way the official Youtube app does. And neither does K9 mail track you (at all), while the gmail app does (both can send and receive mails via Gmail). Finally, you can use Google Maps via GAPPS browser and not be tracked beyond your IP address, unlike the GoogleMaps app, that collects more data (most of which you can't even check because it's closed source).

Also
>all your fucking personal information, email address, passwords, and all of your comment history bye even using the API in the first place
I don't know what you mean by personal information but obviously the comment history is on the reddit servers. Login is done via web authentication, neither the official app, nor RedReader can see my password (maybe the official app can, who knows, it's closed source after all). I never said I felt fine because the API can be harmful. What I was saying is that using a non-proprietary app does have inherent advantages, even when it encourages usage of a nonfree service.

Do you realize he is talking about the app, not the API? The free as in freedom app in itself is not as harmful as the closed, proprietary app because you can evaluate whether it does harm you outside of the inarguably harmful API it relies on.
>b-but muh non-free assets
The baseband of your phone is non-free. Does that mean you should just go and uninstall F-Droid because it's all just a mute point after all?

>burger
?

Thank you user. I'll try.

>The Loo Wars: Pajeet Strikes Back

1/3

2/3

3/3

When will they remove that unifiedNlp? At least hide it

Why are you guys using F-Droid? I don't understand its purpose.

I'll assume that people use it so they can install only open source software?

Android is made up of non open source software. So what is the point in using F-Droid.

Doesn't rooting your phone making it less secure?

It would mean you have constant root authority. That's the same concept of windows users.

That is demonstrably insecure.

Why do you guys do this?

>nds4droid

Shit tier emulator

I want to run apache2 server on my Android phone. GNURoot has apache2 but I can't open port 80 because it doesn't support root. I want to run it from normal terminal. I heard that we can create /bin in root folder and sylink it to /system/xbin and we can run any Linux package. Do you have any ideas?

>Using a non-free OS in any way shape or form means you cannot use free software
>Enabling root means you must use it 24/7

0/10

Security of the rooted phone depends on the owner. Just because the phone is rooted doesn't mean it has become insecure, what owner does using the root access determines the security.

I can make my rooted phone more secure by using some apps actually.

You're misconstruing what i said.

>Using a non-free OS in any way shape or form means you cannot use free software

Not what i was implying. I'm saying that there are lots of people out there who are purely using that to avoid non-free software; which seems like a pointless thing to do as the phone is made up of non-free software.

>Enabling root means you must use it 24/7

Just because you're not using it doesn't mean you still don't have authorization you moron. You're still the privillaged user with root with full and absolute root access. That factor and the way in which people are rooting their phones is sloppy and it leaves your phone quite vulnerable.

>Security of the rooted phone depends on the owner. Just because the phone is rooted doesn't mean it has become insecure, what owner does using the root access determines the security.

You are generally correct, though depending on the interpretation of what you're saying, you may be incorrect.

Yes, the security depends on the owner; but the fact of the matter is that the owner generally doesn't have the full knowledge of what is happening with the phone, and can end up being host to a number of parasitic entities.

It's not the user doing stupid shit that you have to worry about. Its the functions/programs, etc, that also, as a result, end up taking advantage of the users unwavering root access. It's literally making you less secure.

How so? Genuinely interested to know, because I'm under the impression that current rooted phones = way less secure than vanilla stock phones.

Acaldav
Authenticator
Bubble
Chanu
Cool reader
Document viewer
Epub3 reader
Firefox because icecatmobile won't install
Ftp server
K-9 mail
Keepassdroid
Owncloud
Sound recorder
Standalone calendar
Talkback
Terminal emulator
Transdroid
Vlc

what's the best IRC app on F-droid?

keepass2android > keepassdroid

1/3

2/3

3/3

Atomic is nice

Any good FTP programs to use?

>How so? Genuinely interested to know...
By using a firewall for example.

>No Pixel Dungeon
y'all are seriously missing out.

Trying to get rid of gapps totally, but shit like new pipe is nowhere near the quality of YouTube

>muzei
I liked this one.

Why lightning? Is it better than Naked Browser?

Nvm, just got it.
Smooth as naked but better looking

No, see Naked Browser Pro

I use webTube instead. It can play in background and download videos directly from the app

Is there a good alternative to MXPlayer?

whats the benefit of installing from f-droid rather than the playstore? genuinely curious

some people don't have google apps installed

Adaway
Amaze
Atarashii
Clover
Lightning
Primitive ftpd
Tachiyomi

Have you tried fbreader? I prefer it to cool reader. Also turbo is great

primitiveftp for server
ghost commander for client

Substitute play services with microg and sideload youtube

Best keyboards available?

Hello Sup Forums what

Keyboard
IRC client
Music player
Ftp client (Not server)
8 chan browser
YouTube client better then newpipe

Also any way of installing apps without the popup?

- don't need a google account
- everything on f-droid respects your freedom

>Also any way of installing apps without the popup?
install the privileged extension (need root)

Thanks

1/14

2/14

I'm the F-Droid master BTW.

3/14

4/14

5/14

6/14

7/14

8/14

9/14

10/14

>inb4 plebbit

muh dilbert

12/14

13/14

14/14

Amaze is dank. Has root fs support, no bullshit perms, lightweight, reads priperties without dying

What is the best keyboard avaipable on fdroid

If your phone has vanilla android, use the keyboard that came with it, if not use Hackers Keyboard from F-Droid

WebTube is even better

The regular AOSP keyboard is definitely the best one available.

How do disable the 5th row used for autocorrect
I dont need !?,:; shortcuts

breddy gud, i 'only' have 71 myself

no gapps installed here