What should I choose, Sup Forums?

What should I choose, Sup Forums?

MATE or Xfce

Xfce.

Also, why the fuck is the Debian installer so fucking slow? Takes me less time to follow a tutorial and install Arch than it does to install Debian.

Get ssh you plebeian

for the love of god anything but KDE

xfce

Mate. I just installed it on my desktop today. Old good gnome 2 is based gold

>no CDE
fuckin' dropped!

KDE.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with KDE.

There's just no reason to use it when there is stuff like Xfce, Mate and Cinnamon around.

Alright - xfce it is!
This shit is so slow.

I've found XFCE the easiest to customize the way I like.

not using based fedora with DRPM

XFCE is my preferred choice.

Xfce if you just have to pick from the list, otherwise Fluxbox.

>implying that even Gnome and Unity are preferable to KDE

Wew lad, that's some hardcore retardation you got going there.

Personally i use KDE because it has a wide range of customizable features. Also while on the topic of KDE. Does anybody use xmonad with KDE?

I like Unity. Why don't you?

Is Arch the Sup Forums distro? I see alot of people here using it. I got debian just for development stuff.

He's using Debian you retard. Not Ubuntu.

Not really. I mean, I really like using it and now that I'm hooked I find it hard to go back to something else, but it's still just a very vocal fanbase I would say.

If you look in stuff like desktop threads people are actually using a fair number of different distros.

Uhhh so I installed everything and it boots nice and all but...

The screen is very fuzzy.

Does this have something to do with Nvdia? I use a gtx 750 ti. Do I need to do some weird stuff for the driver?

Anyone have any ideas?

Arch is for teenagers and neets who need their computer to be complicated to use so they feel accomplished because they have no use for their IBM clone when it's working. Top tier developers who work at places like Google are using Ubuntu.

What kind of monitor do you have?

Every flavor meets every person's needs.

Some shitty 2012-esque samsung. Don't know the exact model.

I was booting into gparted earlier fine without this problem.

I think you need a nonfree driver for Nvidia to work well. Ubuntu sets it up for you if you can't figure out how to do it on Debian.

Cinnamon unless it is resource limited then choose Xfce, But if you want the absolute best and don't mind spending countless hours fine tuning your DE choose KDE, but that is too much of a hassle for me. Mate is too buggy and it is for those clinging too hard to the past.

Too late champ.

Well fuck.
Debian is my attempt at escaping Ubuntu.

I would imagine the majority of us that are actually using linux are on Linux Mint it is the most popular.

Nah. Sup Forums users don't seem to have a very high opinion of Mint.

Jesus I can hardly even read shit without having to zoom in. I want to die.

On the plus side, from what I can tell, XFCE is comfy as FUCK!

Of course, we all use Gentoo, Arch and when we really fell edgy we use LFS, but secretly we know we are actually using Linux Mint.

So I'm installing what I think will fix shit right now. Man, Debian is pretty neat. I think it'll be even neater without the washed out display.

Didn't work.
I'm fucked.

Nevermind fixed!

I am now at one with the Debian master race!

Anyways, what is the deal with Gentoo? What's that commonly used for? Other than dick measuring contests?

Gentoo is used for watching stuff compile.

What are you expecting from Debian that Ubuntu doesn't do with less effort? The only reason I use Debian on one of my computers is for the Sid repository.

Install Xfce, Cinnamon, and MATE and test them all to see which you like best. Then install LXQt to see if that works better for you.

nobody uses Linux Mint, really. There is just no reason to use it over Ubuntu.

It was used to impress the impressionable and to see if they will actually attempt to install it, but now that they made the installation user friendly the party is over.

None. Just use a window manager.

Gentoo is user friendly now? When did that happen? The last time I installed Gentoo, it was easiest to do it with another live bistro.

>nobody uses Linux Mint, really.
Distrowatch tells a different story

>There is just no reason to use it over Ubuntu.
Pre-installed Proprietary Software and User friendly DE

I do. So you failed.
LM 18 will be pretty sweet if it isnt now already. Its for everyone that doesnt want to spend whole day typing in the console. >2016

It's pretty easy now, you just have to setup your partitions, unzip a base system, chroot into it, set a few things up and reboot.

>Anyways, what is the deal with Gentoo?
Gentoo allows you to select what features the software you're installing should have. For example you could decide to install Firefox without pulseaudio support if you're planning on having an alsa-only system.

>>no CDE
>fuckin' dropped!
back to OpenBSD you go user