Anyone on Sup Forums use NFC wireless payment, either through their phone or directly on a card...

Anyone on Sup Forums use NFC wireless payment, either through their phone or directly on a card? I've pretty much given up on it.
>banks no longer issue physical cards with the wireless chips in the US
>Apple Pay only allows you to add eight cards total, meaning I can't add all my credit and debit cards
>Android Pay has extremely limited bank support
>even when you do have a card it's slow to open the wallet and pick the correct one
>readers at shops rarely read it
>only place I have been able to reliably use NFC payment is certain drink vending machines

I use apple pay when I can, which is maybe a couple times a month because most places I shop don't have an nfc reader
seems somewhat pointless still

contactless cards are not using nfc you fucking retards.

I use Samsung Pay. Works on most every existing card reader (except the insert and remove type).

Who /mst/ here
Get fucked NFC Payments

Worked in every place that has a terminal for payment for me, and I go around to different places a lot, sucks if it's one of those places where you have to physically hand the credit card to the cashier for them to swipe at their register

>/mst/
Mountain Standard Time?

magnetic secure transmission

>Anyone on Sup Forums use NFC wireless payment

All the time. It's like the one thing Australia has going for it.

Are you churning? Why do you have so many cards? I have 6 and I and don't even carry them all.

Any form of electronic payment is botnet.

I travel a lot due to my job is part of it, other part is different benefits
>two debit cards (internet bank and one with real physical locations)

>two 2% cashback credit cards
>two 5% cashback credit cards on rotating categories
>5% gas paid at pump card
>5% pick your own categories card (for me rental cars and electronics)
>hotel chain [Marriott] and airline [American & United] cards
>3% grocery Amex [amazing benefits]
>1% cashback card from my main brick-and-mortar bank that is one of my oldest lines and kept open for that purpose (credit scoring)

Why don't you use cash?

DO you unironically like being data-mined and tracked?

>Keep root or lose root and give my credit card information to Apple/Google/Samsung

HMMMM

I like free cashback and other benefits on my purchases. I opt out of information sharing/marketing with my bank. The fact that my purchase habits are spread across many cards makes it hard for any bank to get a meaningful profile on me, since they only have a very small part of the picture.

>electronic payments

Enjoy your botnet

Is this an American meme? What fucking third world country doesn't have 100% working contactless payment things in every shop?

All the mexicans who don't want to spend money on "fancy terminals" and manage repairs on it

While on the topic of this, do you think there will ever be another work around to be able to use android or samsung pay with a rooted device? It's the only downside to having your device rooted honestly and why does google and samsung get to decide for me on what isn't secure enough?

I will, as I enjoy cashback among other benefits.

Pic related - when my ASUS RT-AC66U failed just outside of the manufacturer's two year warranty, I called Amex and they refunded it completely so I could buy a new one under the free extended warranty benefit.

Does disabling SU binary in SuperSU not work anymore?

>why does google and samsung get to decide for me on what isn't secure enough?
Because it isn't just you and Google that is involved with secure transactions. It is also the banks and by extension the federal government.

I never understood the appeal of using your phone to make payments.

I use contactless often with my card though

My phone is easier to hand than my wallet. I make it difficult to get to my wallet to make it more difficult for my wallet to be stolen. Someone steals my phone it will take me a few hours at most to recover. If someone steals my wallet I have to go through getting a new DL (fun, fun waiting lines at the DMV), shop cards, calling to cancel all my credit/debit cards and then waiting days for new ones to arrive.

No it does not as of about 2 or 3 months ago.
But still it's not like my phone is that much less secure, and i'm honestly more likely to get my wallet stolen than my phone. Regardless, does anyone have any hope of being able to use samsung or android pay on a rooted device in the near future?

>But still it's not like my phone is that much less secure
If you can root your phone to disable security what's to stop someone else from rooting your phone to disable your security?

Also, it is far easier to document, and thus prove in a court of law, that all reasonable measures were taken to provide security to the end user than leaving it to the end user himself. Especially when it is that end user that may later trying to sue them for his own mistake/stupidity.

I only use a Chase Visa debit card, which I don't think has Android Pay support. There's Chase Pay but I don't know if consumers can use it just yet.

but if someone were to have to essentially re-root my phone wouldn't they have to delete everything off of it thus removing my data?

Is having your phone rooted really that much less secure? and if so how so? how would somebody more easily get into my phone when compared to if it wasn't rooted?

Mostly small/token purchases; using public transport, buying a pack of fags/booze/mags, parking,etc. Other than that, I just use cash

Lmao please explain what they use then.

I use it on my card everyday, everywhere... as long as the total is less than 25 euros.

>(You)

Americans don't even have chip and pin. Their society is honestly laughable

Yes we do
also,
>Laughable
>The most obnoxious piece of shit that takes 15 fucking seconds to process
Fuck you for bringing this over you eurocucks

>Rooted phones can't use Andoird Pay
So into the bin it goes. I'll manage with my normal cards thank you very much.

>15 seconds to process
Literally like 3 seconds, tops. Just place the fucking card in the machine before you know your total.

enjoy your credit card fraud

>not being able to enter your pin number in milliseconds

also i can't wait for android pay to launch in the UK, although barclays can suck my dick for not adopting apple or android pay, but they're own shitty Bpay.

It's betterto adopt something olatform independent like HCE issued by banks instead of having different platforms like for applepay samsungpay google wallet etc. That's straightup retarded and beats the purpose of nf based credit tech

Had a contactless card for 5 years or so now. Works instantly, about 80% of places accept it.

Current phone is rooted, so can't use it on that, but I might not root my next phone.

EE's cash on tap works like that, they give you a virtual debit card you can top up.

That's actually pretty neat.

>he uses a wallet chain

No. You don't have to delete any data to root a phone. Just flash a new ROM.

In the US we do online authentication at our terminals, versus most of Europe where transactions are processed EMV offline and submitted in batch, typically on a daily basis.

Must be different in burgerland but here in Australia literally every single store has an eftpos machine with a nfc reader. Shit, most of our vending machines do too

We do have some cards with chip-and-pin but most banks think consumers are lazy/stupid.

My Charles schwab debit card prefers signature but has a PIN.
My PenFed Rewards visa is chip-and-pin preferred (i.e. if the terminal can process PINs that is how the card will operate).
My target visa only takes chip-and-pin (signature not an option unless the terminal doesn't support chips).
My American Airlines credit carad has a PIN (but prefers chip and signature).

yea, that shit is everywhere in australia so it's quite convenient

i generally prefer to pay in cash though