If I take this to a repair place is there a chance it can be fixed or do I just need to buy a whole new laptop?

If I take this to a repair place is there a chance it can be fixed or do I just need to buy a whole new laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

windows7home.net/repair-boot-loader-mbr-windows-7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>your operating system is just gone

Buy a new computer.

Buy a new hard drive and install windows. This is NOT hard.

You did something that fucked up your boot device

sounds like a failing harddrive to me bud

It was pretty much fine, over heated sometimes and the battery was fucked but other than that I had no problems, no viruses, nothing. I just turned it on one day and got this.

Yeah. Buy a new computer.

clean your screen you pig.

New question, if I get the same laptop can I put the frame from this one on my new one?

Why tho

If you submit it to HP you may get a new PC happened to my neighbor

Alternatively

Drop $70 get a new HDD and reinstall the OS, chances are if it's new enough, you can just get a legit copy of windows 8->10 (maybe even 7) and it'll install just fine because the OS Key is in your system

Easy,

1) buy thinkpad

2) install gentoo

3) get unlettered mechanical keyboard

4) come to Sup Forums and brag

What are you trying to fix/do?

Because the top has a lot of sentimental value too me, just old band stickers and what not.

>HP consumer laptop
>overheated

No shit, Sherlock.
Pop in a Windows repair disk, open the cmd prompt
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot

windows7home.net/repair-boot-loader-mbr-windows-7/

Well the hard drive is just fucked so I just wanted to see if I was able to fix it or if I was screwed.
It doesn't go past this screen

Check boot order, and devices.
If the HDD is gone then they're just going to install a new one and the OS.
If it's a corruption of the OF then they're probably just going to format and reinstall.
Normally I'd just recomend to buy the HDD and install the OS yourself, but considering it's an HP computer you're better off just trashing it and buying a computer from a good brand instead.

Nah the HDD is fucked, or the SATA interface is fucked. If the HDD was alive, with data corrupted, it would display a flashing line, not a BIOS prompt.

does the hdd even appear in the boot device list? if it does reinstall gentoo in it. if it doesnt, get a new hdd for it. or trash that oldschool shit and buy something that doesnt burn fingers when writing on the keyboard

Post pic of the lid

>HP Pavilion

Sentimental value aside, I would highly recommend getting a laptop that doesn't suck. Even if they can fix it it's likely to die from some other horrid HP malady within a year anyway. Trust me, I had one.

Install gentoo

This is the only thing that shows up, if I try to boot anything or look at the diagnostic nonsense it just says 0% memory found

So I should probably just fuck off with the laptop, get a better brand and keep the top of it means that much is pretty much what you're saying?

Brand suggestions?

Just buy a new one. 500gb drives can be found for $40. Reinstall whatever O/S you had. Or install Linux and become one with Sup Forums

If you take it to a shop, they'll replace it, but charge you a shitload

Just buy a macbook.

I could understand asking questions like - "hey, how do I replace the hard drive in a laptop and change the boot order in BIOS?" if you're new to this

but
>you
>browsing Sup Forums
>not just replacing the HDD and installing linux
that isn't a meme, what the hell else would you do in this situation?

OP, honest advice here, if you're going to spend the money on taking it to the shop, you might as well buy a used business laptop from 3-4 years ago or buy something new altogether, because PC shops are jews who prey on computer illiterate.

I haven't been to a PC shop since I was 16, because now I know what i'm doing, and I would hope that if you browse Sup Forums you have at least the necessary 1337 skills to handle this yourself