>He programs in Java

Why do you program in Java?

because it is a proven, well tested, fast, and just works.

:^)

Right tools for the right job. Some jobs are suited for Java.

POO

>well tested, fast, and just works.
>java

IN

It's easy, runs on all platforms, is extremely well documented and has a big online community, a lot of libraries and code examples, most employers require it, etc.

space

is this john occupied?

It's honestly not bad,
However being an entry level language, it has a lot of user generated mediocrity, that's accepted just as being part of the language.

LOO! >:^(

Because that's what gets you a job and its easier than C.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

OOP is POO backwards :^)

Because Bukkit.

> inb4

Because I'm employed full time and occasionally a client requires me to use it.

>using the ">using the smiley with a carat nose" meme

>meme

For money. For a ton of money. When I get home I program microcontrollers in low level C, just to forget that OOP JVM hell that I'm dealing with.

It's not smiling tho

>le slightly rused meme reply 8^)

Are you slightly rused by le Sup Forums smiley face? 8^))))

Are you slightly rused by le Sup Forums smiley face? B^}

i don't. i took it in school because it was piss easy and would give me time to work on my own stuff.

All i know was actionscript 3, and with game forcing my hand into html5 it was a natural transition.

>not using the all-powerful JVM
>not using a well established language with plenty of libraries
>not programming knowing your code will work 20 years later with no changes
>post yfw

cuz i haven't learned python yet

because i only did one year of college then dropped out

but i know sql and javascript etc

Because it's fast and powerfu, O can do anything with it, and I avoid the C++ Turing Tarpit.

I love these dank Java is shit memes. You should have topped it off with a poo in loo joke.

One great thing I love about Java is compile once and run anywhere.

kek next time will do

I still don't quite what JVM does or why it exists

Someone explain cause dumb

literally everything will compile once and run anywhere

At uni we had a lot of programming related subjects (too much in my opinion, but I guess they thought that future physicists might need it), each basically forcing us to use C++ (in most cases, we could write in any laguage, but teachers would help us only if we would write in C++).

At few I was using Java, much to common disgust, but unlike C++, when program would crash, Java would tell me what exactly happened. With C++, it was just crash and nothing else, unless I would code markers and other ways to find out.

I loved Java and hated C++. In the end, I hated programming in general anyway, but Java was least problematic.

Oh and C but we only used it at microprocessors programming subject, where we were limited by 16kb size and istructions had to be so simple that there was little chance to screw something up.

>"meme" meme

>>not programming knowing your code will work 20 years
>Stuff.java only works with JVM6
>Doesn't work with openJDK, please use Oracle's JDK
Every time!

all memes are memes

Help bruh's, how does one get ready for a multiple choice question java test in a few weeks?

everything is a meme in 2016

>lol, Java is for india poo poo xdddd lmao
>funny maymays en 4chen :ppp

Anyway, Java has a praticle use for programming everything from your Microwave oven to your phone, Sup Forums.

Jesus, just get a fucking grip already.

To this day the biggest tech fuck up in history is Oracle buying sun. To. This. Day.

it's the only object oriented language i can understand

>he thinks his code will work in 20 years with no backend changes

>tfw proficient Java programmer
>tfw can even program in JVM assembly
Feels good, tb h.
Got an easy, well paying job without even trying.

Because I like getting a paycheck?

>> inb4 none of these fuckers know how to program

python is the fucking worst

this is one of my worst fears, being shitting in the toilet and it suddenly gets completely open and people see my naked shit stained ass

thanks for reminding me my phobias, user

Oh come on. Sun was terrible to begin with. That Java managed to succeed despite them was a minor miracle.

Java isn't too terrible when you avoid all the broken API stuff that can't be fixed because backwards compatibility.

It's type system is kind of ok.

I play Minecraft and make Minecraft mods I like the game it's very fun.

>well tested, fast, and just works.
That's funny. I had a friend that told me java was perfectly fine, fast, secure, and programming with it was just better than C.
It's been two days that he is ranting against java, telling how shit it is in every way.

But don't worry kid, one day you'll experience java and you'll understand why it is shit

>using java
>any year

>java is the only software with bugs

JVM deals with the particular hardware you're running on for you so your code doesn't need to account for it. If you were writing C you would need to know more about the hardware itself.

JVM also does automatic garbage collection for you. Again, if you were writing C you'd have to deal with this yourself.

This. I'm sure 80% of Sup Forums doesn't even work in a related field and they are just spouting memes.