You guys gotta pull your heads out your asses with this Linux shit

You guys gotta pull your heads out your asses with this Linux shit.

> windows 10 keeps freezing on me. Fuck it switch to Linux.
> want to install diablo. First install wine1.8
> google how, have to use terminal
> can't install, google problem have to install playonlinux.deb
> installs can't find it, google problem, have to use terminal.
> start program it installs wine1.7
> finally starts installing

My patience is running low...

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu
whylinuxisbetter.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>installing a .deb

you really aren't good at this are you

I'm a dumb shit and want to tell everyone I'm a dumb shit.

>frothing at the mouth
>peed my britches
>drinking food through a straw
>make loud noises when confused

Everyone call me a dumb ass...

I don't believe you are OP.

The deb installed playonlinux but to actually run the program you have to use terminal. Brilliant.

>wine
>downloading and installing deb files

Pajeet, fuck off.

wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

There's a step-by-step guide for installing wine on ubuntu with literally 4 commands listed on it, retard.

>have to use terminal
you can install wine from the software center (gui)
you can create and configure wine prefixes using playonlinux (gui)

>needing to google everything to perform basic tasks other OSs can handle out of the box without any bullshit

you need to google them because you don't know how to do them

windows users who don't know how to do something will google them as well, shit, windows users who know how to install something still need to google them because there's no package manager

How did you learn how to use Windows you fucking tool?

>an OS where people are fucking holding hands

No thank you

>le edgy meme

>I dont know i can just install a frontend
god just get off this board you fucking pathetic retard

That Linux is not.

Diablo wasn't written for Linux. You're using a ditty hack to get it running through WINE in the first place. If you attempted to install Final Cut Pro on Windows 10 you would have similar issues. Do you see how that works?

so you were born knowing how to use windows?
shit you are fucking retarted.
you know you still have to search the internet to install a program on windows because there is no package manager.

hahaha get off this tech board you fucking idiot

I learned Windows before there was widely available internet and it was so intuitive the only DOS command you ever needed to know was win. 5 years later we only just got Yahoo search, and Google didn't become really good or widespread for another half decade after that.

But keep defending your 90's tier meme OS. :^)

We'll just pretend you're not here holy fuck.

90s tier meme OS?
nigga most servers and all super computers run linux. so does the space station.

you are a faggot

Well good for them, but I have no need for a super computer nor do I need to run a space station out of my house, so I'll stick with an OS designed for non-autists. :^)

Diablo works with wine. Only issue is the menu screens are black and invisable so its hard to tell what your doing. Other than that it works fine. I never attempted to fix this issue though.

AOE2 seems to crash when trying to make a LAN game so had to use windows VM.

Starcraft Broodwars used to run faster than it should with jerky mouse movements. This seems to have been fixed recently.

>the menu screens are black and invisable so its hard to tell what your doing. Other than that it works fine.

This is why I don't even bother with WINE. You're better off using VM.

not that guy but i've dealt with this problem many times with many games when overclocking my laptop. literally no big deal if you're used to it

Jesus h Christ why even bother!

>games/multimedia on linux
Don't even bother. Use windows for games, linux for work.

If you use a VM then resolution becomes a problem. 640x480 (Diablo & Starcraft) means you have a tiny square in the middle of the screen. Changing the host OS resolution fixes this but.... makes the host OS look really weird with such a tiny resolution.

Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Yes, I'm thinking of burning the install cds because of shit like this.
They even removed Apple support from their website.

Fuck activision, blizzard was cool, but blizzard is no more.

Activision Blizard screwed Starcraft 2 up by not adding LAN support and not allowing single player without logging online.

...also the over focusing on micro management sucked. Broodwars was balanced in a way Starcraft 2 never was.

Why so serious mate?

this desu senpai

SC2 is either you're XXXTREME TOP TIER 360NOSCOPE PRO or you feel like you're failing at everything and doing everything wrong.

BW was you can play at your own pace and have fun, but if you really want to be a try hard you can become a multitasking godlike.

You can blame that on Apple for using decade+ old graphics APIs and caring more about their AngryBirds and fart app customers than providing actual support to real developers.

quit trying to run windows software on it then, retard

>I know, I'll be extra smug and use a smiley with a carat nose, people will be so mad they won't realize I'm a shithead who doesn't know what he's talking about!

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I don't intend to waste my fire for shit like that.

>knowing about blizzard/activision
>knowing about broodwar

Literal autism

there's a simple hack to make the menus work well enough to see, but yea, it barely matters as it doesn't affect the game itself

>Playing games

fuck off back to Sup Forums

> windows 10 keeps freezing on me. Fuck it switch to Linux.

Go back to it, you not seem able to install playonlinux, wonder what will happen when you encounter something more complex, like OMG wanting to install some other program with apt

Bait harder please

>looking for deb files

You do realize that Linux does not work like exe files, right? Use the terminal and write:

sudo apt install playonlinux

Linux is as hard to run as Windows but requires you to be more computer literate to deal with problems you may need to learn more then it worth to you. Software venders don't want to give away what cost them so much to develope and maintain.

>go to terminal
>sudo apt install synaptic
>type password, press yes to install it
>open synaptic, install everything else through a graphical interface.
>or you could not be a faggot and just install everything through apt.

Think of it like the play/app store on your phone.
The terminal is just a more convenient way to install it.
It is bad for discovery though, so that is why the software boutique (from ubuntu-mate) and the gnome software thing exist.

But since you know that you need something called playonlinux, you can just search for that
>apt search playonlinux
or apt-file search playonlinux
or apt-cache search playonlinux
If you are unsure if you have the right package, you can use apt-cache show playonlinux to show more information about the package.

It is really intuitive once you hear it, using it more will commit it to memory.

Synaptic should already be installed on *buntu.

>hurr windows is shit
>hurr linux is shit
If you are too dumb to use a computer, either don't or install Fisherprice OSX.
And now fuck off you useless retard.

Hey guys, should we tell him he could've just installed Windows 7 in a VM and then opened the VM and installed Diablo that way?

I say no.

Dont be retarded if you want to game fix your windows installation.

>go to software center
>search play on linux
>click install
>open the fucking program
>search your dumb game
>click install
>process guides you the whole time

You can't be this retarded, quit computing already, the Windows 10 freeze is probably also your fault you dumb fuck.

>My patience is running low...
then stop being retarded

>Too stupid to use Ubuntu
Kill yourself.

>windows 10 freezing
>switch to Linux
>unironically implying that reinstalling an OS will fix failing storage device or other malfunctioning hardware

>lol i'm too lazy to copy paste commands
Just use windows for games if you depend on a GUI this much

There are entire websites dedicated to discerning if Linux is right for you.

whylinuxisbetter.net/

And yes, if you're underage and all you do is game then stick with a kiddie OS like Windows