Hey guys, summer is here. Your pc might heat up due to the temperature increase...

Hey guys, summer is here. Your pc might heat up due to the temperature increase. Don't forget to do a fresh new install of some new thermal paste, I just did mines.

I have cheap laptops so I don't care.

I totally care about my water cooling loop getting 2°C hotter. Thanks for the heads up OP.

[ 18.872803] k10temp 0000:00:18.3: unreliable CPU thermal sensor; monitoring disabled

What are you talking about? Winter is coming, its currently under 18 degrees.

>lol arrogant USAmericans think everyone is USAmerican
>inb4 accusations of Hispanic or Latino
I'm neither, cunt.

>mfw my zerorpm gpu fan turns on even when idle because the room is warm

You got triggered by your own thinking. Nice one, whatevershitholeyouarefromanm

Straya mate

>tfw a processor running at full load would almost be cooler than ambient temperature here

Would a good case decrease the temps? My room gets really hot in summer, but I'm not sure if upgrading to a better case would be worth it or I would just gain 5°C.

uh, yes

Could you recommend some? I don't even know what to look for in a case, honestly. I'm running the same one since ages.

well room temperature is obviously the baseline here, but if your current case and components lacks airflow upgrading might yield lower temperatures

which case you should get depends on budget, space requirements, design requirements, ..

I have fractal r5, pretty happy with it, but it's needlessly huge for my use

Froggy

Pretty fucking sure I don't have to worry BRUH...

>summer is here
>says the dumb froposters
Sounds about right

why are AMD temperature sensors so inaccurate?

They are accurate at full load.
Hardware bug means low temps are wrong

I just changed the thermal paste on my laptop for the first time. Before it throttled at 90°C constantly, even when just watching youtube. Now I play games without the fan turning on.
It was worth it.

It's a bit difficult to see the trends when zoomed out due to RAID health checks every sunday, but it's interesting to see the temperature variations for the disks in my NAS.

When it's idle it's very innacurrate.
My 9370 went as low as 1 C when idling.

>mines

Is it really necessary?

I guess it is time to finally put a cooling system in my rig that isn't a stock fan.

Any suggestions under $80 preferably? I can do more, but I have to wait a month for my next check.

I honestly forget there are people here who aren't in climate controlled environments.

I live in the USA and it was snowing yesterday