Are there are good afforadable microphones...

Are there are good afforadable microphones? I want to learn out to sing and just generally improve my speech and was looking at the Audio Technica AT 2020 as its only $120

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1463458950&sr=1&keywords=mic
vocaroo.com/i/s1Kq9Cpi0GNW
amazon.com/dp/B004QJOZS4/?tag=marcoorg-20
youtu.be/EYsHuGsraM0
youtu.be/b00jXjTHNQA
mikme.com/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XOXRTX6
clyp.it/qahhhp1c
youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just bought one is good but stand is shit, order a new stand

>learn how to sing
impossible. good vocal chords are genetic. give up now before the embarrassment and failure hits you harder later

If you want super duper cheap you can just make one for a few bucks.

JLI-61A (replacement for the unfortunately obsoleted and venerable WM-61A) + Linkwitz mod and a few wires. You can build a mic pre-amp for about $10 as well.

Shure SM58

The BM-800 is genuinely a good microphone and it's dirt cheap.
Most decent microphones with a decent size diaphragm will sound very pleasing when used in the right environment.

Something tells me It is not that simple.

You can learn to sing. Just because genetics gave you a good sounding voice doesn't make you hit any notes.

The not simple part is if you didn't think of this already, you have no tools to do it with (soldering iron, primarily).

But yeah, you'd be amazed at what kind of quality you can get with homemade mics compared to commercial ones for very little money.

Or know any theory or technique, etc. Yeah, don't worry about that guy, he's a troll.

If you had budget 100$ to make great homemade mic what components would you use.
I want to for Discord chat and some games.

work out which voice range you are countertenor, tenor, baritone, or bass

You'll always have a job and no debt if you sing for theatre and choir.

Person with great sounding voice that can't sing at all < person with shitty voice who can sing in tune

Tom Waits though.

I'm thinking of getting the Audio Technica 2500

What does Sup Forums think? Supposedly it sounds better than the standard Blue Yeti and is cheaper

I'm currently alto and don't like how deep my voice is. I just want the microphoneor accurate feedback and measuring my frequency

This is the only mic you will ever need, anything else is overpriced.

amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1463458950&sr=1&keywords=mic

is this still relevant?
>impulse bought the blue yeti for 90USD, didn't want to pay double for the Rode which was my first choice in USB mic

???????

vocaroo.com/i/s1Kq9Cpi0GNW

I like this:

amazon.com/dp/B004QJOZS4/?tag=marcoorg-20

Grabbed the pic off google images but it's my equipment.

This video here is with accoustic padding on the wall:
youtu.be/EYsHuGsraM0

And this one is from a room from an empty classroom:
youtu.be/b00jXjTHNQA

I feel pretty stupid right now. But I try and justify it by actually using it for stuff like recording other people's voicework. I am working on a fake commercial for fun and I am dubbing it to get a clearer sound.

I'm typing this shit because I am not very confident with my abilities right now and I feel that my life is falling apart with other stuff.

I used this zalman mic before getting the AT2020+. you have to hold it up to your fucking mouth manually if you want to sound decent otherwise you put it down on your headphone wire and sound like you're speaking into a laptop microphone. It's shit.

get it op you won't regret. the stand is just fine but if you want slightly improved quality of life (even though it's already good) I'd get an arm stand for it. get a pop filter too since that's a must for singing.

Agree

>you have to hold it up to your fucking mouth manually

Why not just tape it onto a popsicle stick or whatever and stick that on your headphones, as a boom.

mikme.com/

As previously said in this thread, the BM-800 is a great mic for $20, even comes with an XLR to 3.5mm cable.

Make sure you buy a SOMAKE usb sound card with it too. Why? Because while the BM800 WILL work without phantom power, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good.

It sounds very high quality with the card though. Does this mean the cars provides phantom power? We don't know, we just know it works with the BM-800, I should know because that's my setup. (Can't vocaroo because work)

Blue yetti is a meme

Blue Yeti

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XOXRTX6

Get that with a cheap $20 48v phantom power supply and mind the required cables. I used an XLR-to-USB. Overall cost me about $75 for solid sound.

Listen to a real microphone setup
clyp.it/qahhhp1c

>clyp.it/qahhhp1c

Your spitty mouth sounds are not nice

I have an at-2020 XLR edition if you want it.

how much you want?

probably like $50 shipped in the us. Literally never used it. just text me @ 7654908851

>I feel that my life is falling apart with other stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

what is this compressor gate limiter magic?

i have a blue yeti because im too lazy to buy a decent microphone and it works pretty nicely
mount it on an arm with shock mount and pop filter for maximum comfy and no need to yell

I've got this. 15EUR, and another 15EUR for the arm. Pretty good deal and it sounds great.