/wt/ Watch Thread Jewish overlords edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ [Open]

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:
>>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq2a1kx1j_M
youtube.com/watch?v=6-qDptwmt1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for NO TRIPFAGS

First for quality divers.

1st for best G-Shock.

Fourth for I like my cars manual and my watches automatic. I also like to sit on the gearstick and choke my dick with a nato strap.

What's with all the Tag hate? Is everyone just poorfags? Not many of you post watches > $1,000.

TAGs stink. They're literally overpriced Edifices with automatic movements. I've handled a blue Aquaracer a few days ago, there was absolutely nothing special about it. It ticks all the boxes needed for a

youtube.com/watch?v=zq2a1kx1j_M

youtube.com/watch?v=6-qDptwmt1M

1000$ watch, 10$ tier finishing.

Because everytime we do it ensues into a brand name shitfest worse than normal and at least 80% get hounded about being fake.
Play it safe post advertising pictures

135€ is a good price for a second hand Blue Ray Mako?

>pic related

I think I am going to fall for the automatic jew meme.

Oh god that Tag Hueue buying Seiko movements debacle. Hilarious.

In Europe it isn't too bad i guess.

But they can be much cheaper, and also the new Mako II is better.

Can your watch dive to 300m?

Because people are poorfags?

No one would have cared if they'd just bought crate of Seiko ébauches, made TAG-Heuer rotors for them and put "Japan mov't" somewhere on the watch. But the lie they tried to pull was just embarrassing. Not that TAG will ever lose a stinking shekel over it, most TAG buyers are semi-wealthy plebs and normies anyway, they'll never hear about the scandal, many of them never heard of Seiko for that matter.

And the damage control, it was hilarious.

>B-but we modified this movement so much it's ours, it has no longer the seiko spirit!

Followed by dozens of videos of people taking apart the movement and seeing it was compatible piece by piece with the original ebauche.

>Can your watch dive to 300m?
Can you dive to 20m?

I'm qualified on trimix. I can dive deeper than you.

>fake screws
Literally Casio-tier, only even they don't do it at this price point.

>new Mako II

Why is much better? I didn't know there was a Mako II.

I am currently wearing a Massimo Dutti Pilot Quartz watch. Could you recommend me a diver for less than 230€? Citizen and SKX have the hands too short for me. Vostok is really cringe. What other options I have?

Great, finally someone with real world experience!
How does your TAG handle depths beyond 200m?

>implying you're even going to take that thing diving

That's really not big achievement, plus that's not a divers watch to start with.

You got 150$ Citizen Promaster/Eco-drives that are rated for 300meters and exceed that rating. Even the Citizen NY0040 which is rated for 200meters was tested to function down to a depth 500meters.

I'd rather take a run of the mill Amphibia as a backup diving watch instead of a Tag.

The Orient Mako and Orient Ray are both good choices (Along with the newer Ray II and Mako II)

Overall they just got rid of the 2o'clock pusher and added hacking and handwinding, which are big bonus points for 190$ watches.

Though, what do you mean by Vostok is really cringe?

Great, thanks. How about yours? No? How about your Sub? Didn't fucking think so.

Of course you can, I don't dive at all and I don't intend to.
Congratulations, you're the one person in this general who might have a reason to have a certified diving watch.

Gaiz, should I get a modern 090 with the same dial and relume it like the old ones? How bad would it be to do it with the "vintage-style" brownish paint you see on homages?

I live in a landlocked country, so I militarize my diver instead to be a very rugged field watch. Post pics of your watch and gear pls, I'm genuinely curious how the big boys roll.

>samefag talking to himself

Poorfag poorfagging. Post yours.

>Vostok is really cringe

I live in Spain, where communist and far left wing faggaots wear this "hurr durr communist stronk watch xDD". This is why.

Anyway, what is "hacking"?

Fair enough, though the Amphibia line has inoffensive/non-commie dials. Komandirskie dials usually have that commie feel.

Hacking is when you pull the crown to set the time, and the seconds hand stops.

Hacking = pulling the stem will stop the second hand.

I don't have one. Neither do you. Prove me wrong.

>calls Amphibias cringe because communists in his communist latin shithole wear them
>what is "hacking"?

Are Second Hand Watches worth?

100%
I
N
H
O
U
S
E

Reverse Google Image search this.

If you know what to look for and avoid fellow kikes like me you should be able to.

I'm definitely not the idiot one.

>frogposter
>XD
>caring about what others think and do instead of quality
>what is hacking?
End yourself.

Alright, so you're a TAG owner who's assblasted over people shitting over your poorly chosen watch, and instead of coming to term with the fact that you've made a big mistake (you know, like an adult), you instead throw a tantrum calling others poorfags (basically an ad hominem) and questioning the value of their expertise by pretending to somehow be more qualified to an opinion (MUH TRIMIX MUH 300m DIVES) on TAG than a hivemind of wrist-fedora rainmen.

TL;DR: post your diving gear, maybe even an underwater shot, with or without you TAG. Until then you're just some mad asshole with buyers remorse in denial.

>instead of coming to term with the fact that you've made a big mistake (you know, like an adult), you instead throw a tantrum
This. Can't expect anything else from a spaniard, really.
>Until then you're just some mad asshole with buyers remorse in denial
He'd still be one.

I don't want to be associated with far left-wing pro-URSS scum kiddo

Is the Euromexican and the TAG-fag even the same guy?

>if it's expensive it's good
no

Ray and Mako are the names of two different models. The Mako is the one with the numbers on the dial and the tiny font on the bezel, the Ray is the one that looks good.
Anyway, I bought my brand new Ray for 125€, shipped.

based tissot

What's so based about that turd?
>date window eating into the subdial
>instead of being at 3:30

>Vintage Seiko afficionados
>What usually causes the position of the date wheel to "change"? Apparently pushing in the crown on this one advances the date, so the pawl can't be broken, but why the fuck would the date wheel just shift like that?

Sorry, missed the second half of last thread. Most likely cause of a misaligned day or date wheel is that someone tried to use the quick-set close to midnight, and the wheel what partially advanced by the time and then full advanced by the quick-set, causing the gear to slip a few teeth and end up misaligned.

If the quick-set mechanism worlds then it should be an easy fix for a watchmaker to reset the day wheel properly.

>
>By the way, fat Canadian, if you are in here, there is a blue-dialed 5246 waiting for you.

Where? I'm definitely still looking for one.

Is this more pleasing for your ocd

>subdials at 2, 6 and 10
>3, 9, 12
no

>tachymeter
>tachymetre
Can we all agree, /wt/ that Tissot is fucking shit as well, like almost everything in Swatch Group?

They are just another example of the decline of good brands.

Their older designs and models look far better than the current ones, and they used to make watches with decent movements as well.

One could argue they did okay on the Visodate, but how the fuck did they ignore the fact it is so god damn thick.

Correction, thick but with a god damn flat crystal instead of a proper domed crystal like it's supposed to be.

Nice OP pic Mr. Stein.

If that is the case then I'm going back to revise my bid upwards.

Go to Buyee and search "5246". Warning, it costs many Canadabux.

Nicely memed

IS THAT A REEEEEEEEEEAL ROLEX?

:^)

Small advice, it shares the same quickset and day/date mechanism as the 7009A movements. Tip Shane on it, since 7009A are piss cheap and easy to find for parts.

Dayum.

That 5246 has the pretty faceted crystal, shame it's in poor shape.

Thanks for the tip m8, I'll be sure to let Shane know, because I'm now the proud owner of a Daini 7018. Can't believe how cheap it was compared to JewBay (although not as cheap as I was hoping to get it), hopefully the condition turns out to be good and the date mechanism works alright. If it isn't then I'll just track down some 7009. Shane should be able to figure out how to do a transplant since watches come as naturally to him as breathing. I guess this means that I'm going to be deferring my 52xx and "nice vintage Swiss" acquisitions some more.

As for the 5246, there is one that is basically in NOS condition. But it costs like 100,000 yen, which is way more than I would feel comfortable dropping on Yahoo Auctions.

It looks okay to me.

>haircut video on youtube
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>reddit
>reddit
>reddit
>g
>g
>g

Ay dios mío, Carlos.

Thank you.
That looks pretty good actually yeah.
Where did you buy it?

I think you can still score non poo in the loo 7009A's for around 30~40$.

Also it seems that the 7009 based movements has a separate jumper to quickset the day and traditional date corrector quickset.

eBay, I can't remember the seller sorry.

>watch thread on Sup Forums
>everyone posts shitty smatches

>sleeve tattoo
>skinny Vitamin D-deficient spaghetti arm
>Apple watch

> he thinks thats a good look

Will a TAG still be shit if it's an homage to the old Heuers? This one actually looks good.

I alnost feel ashamed to say that I would consider this. It's definitely one of the best looking things TAG has ever put out, but it's pathetic that they have to rely on the vintage designs from the old Heuer company to make a decent-looking watch. The movement also doesn't look that interesting, but I would have to do more research before coming to a conclusion. I don't like how they put the TAG logo on the movement.

For $5,000 you can also have a Springu Drivu, but it won't be a chronograph. However, I suspect the finishing will be better and the movement is certainly not ordinary at all.

Yeah, I'll wait for a better deal on one of those. I literally paid less for my 5256-8010 than that.

Nice! Post pics once you get it. Also, if you need a new crystal for it look up the exact model number of the crystal and ask Shane to check local watch parts stores for it.

I got a couple of crystals locally that were still in stock at those watchmakers from the fucking 70s because no one orders them.

>I don't like how they put the TAG logo on the movement.
But at least it's not on the dial.
>$5,000
Fuck those greedy alpine-kikes, I bet the original V7750/L5100 Heuers weren't anywhere near $5000 (inflation-adjusted).

Did someone say Lemania 5100?

Got one yesterday $40

I could even get an Indian'd one for less, all I would need is the quickset assembly.

>literally

I wish people would stop using this word with cut-and-dry factual statements. But nice 52 KS anyways.

Vintage Seikofags, something I've realized over the past few days is that, while most watchfags get hard over a lot of Suwa products, more or less everything they ever produced was either unexceptional or plagued with problems, and all their mechanical movements eventually became extinct. On the other hand, Daini's movements live on into the present day. The 7000 caliber eventually evolved into the 7S26 and the 6R15, while the 5200 caliber went on to live in high-end Seikos and Credors. So in the end, Suwa's contributions were mostly discarded but they get a lot of the credit for being "innovative", while Daini's stuff forms the basis of modern mechanical Seikos and everyone has more or less forgotten about them.

The old ones probably still not 5k shekels

A Poo in the loo special or a decent one?

True, but do you really want to get your watchmaker the pleasure of scraping of bits of Indian DNA from the movement? (ye ye ultrasonic cleaner)

When will the Swiss ever make robust, sensible, no-nonsense chronographs again?

I do like the TAG mikrograph - seeing a 360,000 bph hand going around a watch dial is quite something, though I'm not a big fan of any of the dial styles they have out.

How much did you pay for the 5256?

>If I can't see the logo, it's not really from this company I don't like!
Stop lying to yourself. Those reissues aren't vintage watches.
Either get a vintage or stop saying "it's shit because it's Tag".
Yes most of what they do is shit, but it doesn't mean they can't release a good model.

Why the fuck is it so hard to find a UV light that's actually UV and not violet LED's?

Honestly, all I want to do is find out if some aspects of my dial are actual luminous or not.

>Yes most of what they do is shit, but it doesn't mean they can't release a good model.
Wait, we're talking about Rolex now?

I have a feeling Shane will not be able to find any parts for a 7018 in Toronto unless they're shared with a 7009. These things are rare as fuck and were never sold outside Japland.

I do love finding NOS stuff sitting in a warehouse though. When I used to get my stuff serviced at the Seiko AD, they managed to find a faceted crystal for a 6106 down in Phoenix. Apparently it had been sitting in some room for 40 years.

>over 1000$
>the finishing is dogshit
>the logo looks like some fucking gas station
>bezel doesn't even line up to itself

>Always wear a terrorist watch at work
>Want something cheap that looks better
>Get a Seiko 5 SNK 809
>Looks and feels great
>Keep wearing my F91W at work

Welp

It is domed m8.

$1500 budget, bitch-wrists. Should I do it?

If you do then please don't wear it on your hand like that.

Is that on your wrist? If so you're good.
The Reduced is good, with the usual caveat of the subdial arrangement, which would be a dealbreaker for me.

Sure, if you can get it for 1500 that sounds like a good deal.

Opinions on Longines?

A lot of not great designs, some decent stuff in their Heritage collection, which would be even better if they didn't want to shove date windows in every single watch.

You had to pull off a shitty image of it didn't you?

Domed indeed, but still too thick and large for a dress watch at 42mm.

Also it's sapphire a dome instead of acrylic dome, but that's just nitpicking.

End it all now and save yourself the embarrassment.

Go for it.

Cheers!

Yessir, I'm not a bloody idiot.

Not my pic, haven't had a chance to try it in the flesh. But even a full-size Speedy Pro looks reasonable on me so I know it'll be fine.

What about Eterna?

legend diver is one of the only designs i like, almost everything else looks horrible

from what i've seen a lot of middle-aged men wear longines in my country (because you can get them from most boutiques)

on the fence of pic related, but wouldn't buy it in any case