What's your favorite technological meme?

What's your favorite technological meme?

Mine's the ppi meme

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.accuweather.com/index.php?showtopic=15714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's only a meme when
a) it's an inside joke used ironically
b)In Sup Forums's case when it is "snakeoil" technology
c)When is technology that the mainstream thinks is great, but in reality proves no benefit.

PPI is not a meme, is a characteristic. and depends entirely on the use of the display, as well as the size of the screen, distance from eyes, etc.

>16 GB RAM
Everyone told me "dude weed lmao its 2016 u need 16 gibberish of rams" but I never use more than half of it.

>I personally don't use something so its a meme.
Why is Sup Forums so cancerous.

summer started early this year

That explains it.

BSD licence

I'm not sure that meme counts as technological, mang.

>implying Sup Forums isn't shit every day of every month of every season

>buy 10 inch meme size tablet at 1280x800 resolution
>looks just as good as my 2560x1440 5.5 inch smartphone
only downside is that my manga doesn't look as good when it gets upscaled on such a large screen, no I'm not a retard that reads online

You should probably get glasses then.

GPLv3

wait are you implying that PPI doesn't exist or that it has no practical or even aesthetic applications?

Sup Forums honestly thinks anything over 100ppi is useless because Apple.
I wonder how many people were here 5 years ago when Sup Forums constantly praised shit like the 2048x1536 R60 ThinkPads and IBM T221 4K monitors.

>I never use more than half of it.
this is literally the reason you need more than 8 gb. If you are using half of 16gb, you are using ~8gb. And using 8gb ram when you have 8gb is not pretty.

16:9 aspect ratio

>retard
look at my 4k hundred metre monitor.

Only 100? I'm pretty sure Sup Forums thinks there's a difference.

I'm almost certain half the shit on Sup Forums is written by children, or at least man children who have no idea what they are talking about.
Shitting on PPI because of apple is just sad. It's like they want technology to stagnate.

This, fuck me some people here are retarded. The 16 gigs is for when you do hit 8, otherwise you're fucked.

I could find some threads full of people arguing how you need to have your nose up to the screen to see a difference. And here's a picture from 2011 full of people mocking high PPI because Apple made a high PPI laptop.

>And here's a picture from 2011 full of people mocking high PPI because Apple made a high PPI laptop.
who the fuck cares?
>using g/ as a source on g/

$1500 Gaming Laptop

It's proof that Sup Forums is full of idiots who can't understand the concept of pixel density and irrationally hate anything related to Apple, even if it's something they used to praise.

>>using g/ as a source on g/
Yes. I am showing a real world example of Sup Forums having idiotic posts as evidence of my claim that Sup Forums is full of idiots. What's the issue with that?

>buy 10 inch meme size tablet at 1280x800 resolution
>looks just as good as my 2560x1440 5.5 inch smartphone
no doesn't.

Apparently people on Sup Forums care

There are times I fucking hate this board
The fact people don't understand PPI is making this one of those times

What, does your computer somehow spontaneously explode when you "run out" of RAM?

my favorite technological meme is calling everything a meme

>anything over 100ppi is useless
No, but anything over 300 is.

fuck off retard

There comes a point where the high resolution doesn't fucking matter. For me it's the 1080p on my Nexus 5X. I rely wouldn't want a higher resolution on this screen as it would just drain battery faster and I won't notice it much

There needs to be content to justify the higher price.

Apple has a good idea with Retina but they just use it as a marketing ploy to make prices higher and appeal to Normie's who don't know what the fuck Retina is.

>Aplel faggots think Retina means higher resolution

>that picture
i cant tell what you mean by meme in this context. the more pixels in a space the better it will look, thats how the eye works.

not explode, but performance takes a dump. You would know if you ever had to do something memory-critical

I'm sure in a year or two your web browser will use the remaining half

>what is ram caching
You think his computer would be using all of the memory if he only had 8GBs of ram? No, he doesn't need it.

i hope you are wrong

Haha apple sheep, need to defend your meme ppi?
1366x768 is MORE than enough for the average user. Apple just made you think that you need a high resolution display

Newfag

nice sour grapes

3/10 needs more subtlety

>ppi was invented by apple
kill me
>1366x768 is MORE than enough for the average user.
what screen size mong?

I don't think he could have been more obvious if he tried.

My fav meme:
There's no malware for iOS/OSX/GNULinux at all.

enjoy your slow pagefile, fucko

that's plenty for me on an 11.6" laptop
1600x900 wouldn't be bad but i would NEVER upgrade this laptop just for that extra screen res

for you

but seriously, just because it's enough for you doesn't mean it's enough for everyone, and don't knock a higher res/ppi until you've tried it

Thanks to global warming, summer never ended.

>global warming
nice meme

it's called "man-made" climate change, and is still a meme

>Thinking the best of anons
Welcome to g/. I've read far worse that turned out to be real.

>meme

Science is a religion.

that proves nothing, the global temperature has always varied a lot

That's a beautiful graph.

I'm trying to figure out what the super warm year was in the late 1800s.

>Taking others advice instead of deciding for yourself when buying RAM
>Not knowing your use case
Why are you on Sup Forums?

>using shitty innaccurate data
>judging trends from less than 200 years worth of data
It could be just another cycle. You "proof" is bullshit.

this, and you should always have room to spare, like in 2008 2GB was "comfy" and 4 GB was "excessive", now 4 GB is not even enough, 8 GB is the new minimum, you should have 16 GB minimum if you plan to keep your computer for more than a year or two

fuck off retard

>fuck off retard
Wow great rebuttal you sure showed me. Heed your own advice.

stay delusional sour grapes kid

Go back to Sup Forums

I appreciate high PPI but they're clearly mocking the average Joe who really does only use their laptop for YouTube and Facebook who would pay premium for anything Apple.

I think I found it, 1877-1878.

forums.accuweather.com/index.php?showtopic=15714

completely fucking natural

>I don't use 8GB of RAM while shitposting on Sup Forums, so therefor this other guy doesn't need 8GB

>It could be just another cycle.

This.

What we spent so much time developing cleaner methods of energy and manufacturing for nothing?

>You think his computer would be using all of the memory if he only had 8GBs of ram?
well if he had 4GB, he also wouldn't be using full 4gb, pc would still work just fine. Hell, even with 2gb ram he would be able to use pc ant most of the applications and the usage would be somewhere around 1,9GB. Do you think that pc would work acceptably?

no it fucking wouldn't work acceptably, try using a 2-4 GB pc with productivity software and lots of google chrome tabs open, it's not even remotely acceptable

>Do you think that pc would work acceptably?
At 8 gigs? I do. Did you not read the first line of my post?

>whine hard about "gimped" 3.5 GB gtx 970
>but ram is a meme

Oh my god, I fucking hate my 1366 x 768 display, it is such fucking shit. It is stupid to try to get any work done on it. 1080p for me is almost not enough.

I hope too.

It's crazy how, video and video games aside, what we do with computers could be achieved by a SNES, yet we carry late 90s supercomputers in our pockets to achieve that.

>they're clearly mocking the average Joe

Yeah you weren't there.

This would happen only on monochromatic display.

>1ppi
enjoy everything ever, faggot

starts to use virtual memory (pagefile/swap)
when you fill that up on linux/bsd it starts to kill processes
windows bluescreens

yes, it is another cycle.
but we're making it go a lot faster than it should be going.

Surely you mean 1024x768

>ice age ends
>heat up
>next ice age begins
You people are idiots. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only eon old loli vampire here.

>1 degree
OH NO CHAOS MUH ICE

proper resolutions for laptops:
>12" -> 1366x768
>14" -> 1600x900
>15" -> 900p or 1920x1080
>17" -> 1080p or 2560x1440

Ultra fast SSDs. Sure some might find it useful for moving huge files but the average user just pays more for no advantage.

>I like my arbitrary number more
fuck off, dipshit

>freetard can't even spell license
kek

>900p
there's no such thing, retard

12"-13": 2560x1440 or 2560x1600
14"-15": 2880x1800 or 3200x1800
17": 3840x2160 or 3840x2400

>12" -> 1400x1050
>anything larger -> n/a, anything larger and it's not really a laptop

Actually 14"-15" should be 2880x1800 or 3360x2100

>doesn't get the difference between 100ppi and 300+ ppi

Enjoy your shit screen from 2005

12" laptops are unusably small, even for casual use.

12" laptops are the perfect size

No. Even if you're a manlet they're too small.

You're wrong, 450 is the minimum that can be called decent.

"OS X is stable and polished"

Finder crashed three times today because of quicklook.

>amerilard
as suspected

>muh sausages can't hit the keys

Great argument. Many websites actually require side scrolling on 1280px wide displays because they assume people aren't using tiny displays in 2016.

Laptops are intended to be portable, 12" laptops are. Anything larger and it's not good for much more than moving it from your desk to your recliner

We're not talking about netbooks. a 12 inch laptop has almost all the same key sizes as a normal computer. alphanumeric keys are almost always have the same spacing, regardless of manufacturer.

Good thing I said the laptop should have a 1400px wide display.