SvcHost Leaking

I left the power supply to my computer at a friends and they'll be out of town a while, so I'm trying to get my old PC from '06 to work better.

It's Win7-64 w/ 3GB RAM (the 4th stick went bad) and I constantly prune processes while using it. It's rocking an OCd 5850 though :p

Every 3-10 minutes one of the many System32 svchost.exe processes suddenly starts taking up more and more memory, up to nearly 2GB. If I don't end the process early enough, my machine crashes. Ending the process doesn't seem to be detrimental to the functionality of the system in any way.

I would like to play some games on this without having to constantly go check the task manager. What could be going on here?

P.S. I know you like that ricey black/green window look.

Other urls found in this thread:

wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-netsvcs-memory-leak-or-high-cpu-usage-problems/
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are windows updates running? Try disabling the service and see if that changes anything.

If it hasn't been on for as long as you're saying that would make sense

so awful

I have updates fully disabled at the moment and have restarted since disabling them and it still happens.

I'm going to go through this troubleshooter guide:

wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-netsvcs-memory-leak-or-high-cpu-usage-problems/

Seems efficient.

>tripfag
>eyecancer colored classic theme
>no clue what's going on with his own OS
>begs Sup Forums for help even though tech support is against the rules

Please. I am just fucking begging you. Kill yourself.

Check it with process explorer to see what is exactly using your ram.
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx
But as TrustedInstaller is running at the same time that might be Windows update service, but check it to be sure.

Sup Forumsfags come over to my home (/o/) all the time asking for help with trivial car shit. Don't be condescending.

I put on the colors because windows basic saves memory and I just thought it'd be fun. This isn't my main computer; it's 10 years old!

Also, I have a feeling I know more about what's going on in my OS than you, but w/e. Also, I daily-drive Debian, not Win.

process explorer shows what is in each and every svchost.exe

Agreed but
>weeb telling anyone to kill themself
Top kakkles

after he does, will your anime-man-child self follow him???

pls follow.

I was aware of this, but it doesn't say which of the services are taking how much of the process's execution time / memory. I guess I can just close them out trail and error-style until I find the one that drops the memory usage.

Please stop trip fagging it's embarassing

Does your user name have "user" in it?
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
>In Windows 8.1, when the user account name contains the word "user", intermittently you will find the process taskhost.exe keeps consuming high CPU percentage.

Or maybe some other random Windows bug, who knows

You can force Windows 7 to run each and every service on its own svchost.exe.

I'm from /o/, where ~50% of posters trip. It makes conversations easier b/c we know which car everyone else has. I've probably been using this trip longer than you've even known about this site.

What's stopping you from doing a fresh re-install of win7+sp1?

No it does not, but thanks for looking into it.

I don't have a disc or .iso of Win7.

Also, this PC started as Vista and I upgraded to Win7 in '08 or '09 when it was a free upgrade for college students so I can't revert (unless you know of a way that I can).

>that doesn't make it ok here

Oh shit, it's a pre-built. I fucking hate pre-builts, especially Dell and HP.

FYI Windows 7 is Vista SP3.

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
For torrents of windows 7, this is where I got ultimate. Look for EN.

>ctrl+f
>install gentoo
>0 results
install gentoo

As if I care what you think. It's ridiculous that you get riled up just b/c I'm using an online pseudonym.

Is that your ride?

It's unironically a botnet
not le m$ spy NSA X:----D

Check the license number.

No, the last time I had an Eclipse was in 2006, and it was a red, non-turbo, 1995 (pictured). They do turn me on though.

nice z32 bay

i know how to help you
let me text grandamfag and ask him if you're cancer first

Well, I've already downloaded an iso for 7 home premium so I'm already on my way to a solution.

64 bit OS needs 4gb of ram as far as i know, reinstall win7 with 32bit and you are good to go

>misconception.

32-bit OSs cannot use more than 4GB of RAM. However, a machine with 3GB of RAM still benefits from a 64-bit OS.

>not using angled corner joins to save yourself polys and vertices

Dumb tripfag

i remember that i was not able to install a 64bit win7 on my PC when it had 2gb ram thats why i knew a bit about it

Install GNU+Gentoo

I just read your conversation and now I realize how fucking stupid you are. Kill yourself

>Contributes nothing to the conversation.
>Calls me stupid because I use a pseudonym.

Stay classy, rando.

~Secret Sage

You're stupid because you talk about /o/ like it makes you cool, you think a basic windows """rice""" is cool, you left a piece of your computer at your friends house, and you're just so fucking ignorant

"Rice?" Did somebody say "rice?"

Drop the trip, fag.

U puddi, bro?

you can use "Activation Backup and Restore" or "Token restore" to save the activation status, then reinstall and restore that activation.
(It also works pretty well with OEM preinstallations)

I guess you think you're hilarious with your >reactionimage.png's

Kill yourself you fat autist

I would buy the dark version.

Right click -> Go to service.

Windows 7 when running updates takes upto 5gb ram, not sure why. My laptop had 4gb ram and it gave an error message saying running out of memory. I took out an old 2GB module from other laptop and made it to 6gb, now the updates took close to 5gb and ran for 3 hours while "searching".

Windows is the purest form of cancer. If only gaming was possible elsewhere, I won't have to shove this cactus in my asshole everyday and cry myself to sleep.

You don't buy rice, you make it.

I have already done this; even before I made this thread. It shows a lot of services running under each process, but doesn't say which services are allocated the most runtime or memory. It's cool though, I've figured this out.

Yes, I think I am a true internet comedian. You've got some serious anger issues, man, and really it makes me want to mess with you more. Also, I'm genuinely underweight, so, yeah.

Wew

Doesn't matter if it looks as shit as the two screenshots you posted

That's the beauty of ricing, you can make it look as fucked up as you want it to be.

I don't get your image, also, I drive a toyota

Why

Wow no one cares what you drive tripfag