Founders Edition runs around 87 degrees under load

Founders Edition runs around 87 degrees under load.

RIP NVIDIA COMPUTER FIRES HERE WE COME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPBgsWlm4sA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Source?

Fermi 2.0

Jesus Christ. I won't be buying this card now.

holy shit

LITERAL
FUCKING
HOUSEFIRE

>Higher is better

That's a nice housefire.

Who forgot to give complimentary rubles to the Russians?

>lower temps in red
>higher temps in green

So, why would anyone buy a reference card?

Atleast they've got some free 1080 Heater for the upcoming winter

nvidia made it seem like founders edition wasn't reference and that it their genius design that could pass off as an official card, and made it seem it was perfect in every way

looks like they can't make coolers for jack shit as well as the aftermarket

Uh ive been waiting 2 years to build a mew pc. My first self built gaming PC, not a shit hand-me-down like my current one. I really had my heart set on the 1070. It comes out at a perfect time for me financially, and is really fucking nice.

Should I just dodge the 1000 series entirely?

When are the partners cards due out? I mean fucking reference as that temp. Jesus Christ.

That's Furmark ya retard.

just get an aftermarket card like a normal person

Stealth technology

No just wait for a release with an aftermarket cooler.

Buy the 1080 without a doubt if you got the money to burn, just don't buy Founders.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAIT FOR THE PARTNER CARDS WITH COOLERS

Probably within a few weeks of launch. They'll be even more expensive though, unless you're looking at even shittier, plastic blowers. 'Premium' editions like the Classified will probably tip the $900 mark.

HAHAHAH
DOA
O
A

Red is AMD and green is NVIDIA.

That's how it always has been.

THE FIRE RISES

I was ready to buy Founders, but I have to wait for coolers.

Because they aren't reference cards any longer, they're "founders editions" now, get with the times gramps.

boom baby

>muh 2.5 jigguhurtz
ayy lmao
novideo is finished

If the founders Edition is this hot, what will the normal Stock cooler be like?

Im pretty new to building PCs and shit, help me out with this. Whats the difference between Reference and Aftermarket? Does aftermarket mean its a changed version after initial release or something?

Why dont any of you buy the 1070 instead if this 1080 looks like such a meme now?

I think the 1070 still looks bretty gud tbqh

>buying a reference card
Why not wait for EVGA or Gigabyte? Hell I bet someone will come up with some retarded CLC system.

is the stock cooler a blower? then it's fucked as well
nothing good ever comes of buying reference cards, not nvidia, not amd

Aftermarket is usually the reference design with a new fancy cooler on and more overclocking options.

The """""Founders Edition""""" is just the stock cooler. They just gave it a new name so that they could charge more for it, knowing that retarded gaymers eat that shit up. Every review today has made it clear that there's nothing special about it at all, with no binned chips or anything.

Can go as low as -20C full load, but average at maybe -7C. depending on manufacturer.

Might benefit getting liquid cooler setup like the Fury X honestly.

Aftermarket means somebody like EVGA or Sapphire slapped on a custom cooler that runs better than anything Nvidia or AMD can come up with. You can also put your own cooler in, there's some faggot on Sup Forums using two massive morpheus fans or whatever to cool his r9 290x for example.

Most decent aftermarket cards have a completely custom PCB too, with extra power phases to facilitate higher overclocks (in theory). Some of the cheaper brands just slap a different cooler on the reference PCB and call it a day.

You do get aftermarket coolers even worse than the stock cooler though. Cheap, plastic blower-style cards designed to be the cheapest edition on the market usually.

Linus's review said the card was running cool, these fucking russians probably have it in a small poorly ventilated case.

Yeah, that's why I said usually unless you buy shit like Asus AMD gpus compared to Sapphire or even gigabyte.

87 is that bad? Why would a company release a card that hot? Who would buy that card?

>this isn't even the 2100+ it's supposed to run at
Haha holy shit

At that temperature it will start to thermal throttle and downclock so take a guess.

Linus temps

system power draw

Linus is and always was a shill for whatever company gave him the most parts.

>no clock speeds

>104

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>82
>good

What are you smoking?

DESIGNATED
O
O
DOO IN LOO

>Linus
Every time

104 °C LOOOOOOOLLLLL
>NVIDIA 1080°C HOUSEFIRE NUKE HOUSE EDITION

>mfw

1080 HOT CHEETOS MAGMA EDITION

Too early to say, plus it'll be like a month after release when reasonably priced versions come out. I'd just wait for polaris to come out and get benchmarked, THEN make the decision.

Why call it 1080? Because it can potentially reach 1080 degrees C?

>4k
>Max settings

Come on man

Hot Card
Summer in the city
Back of my case getting hot and gritty

1080degrees c edition

new meme i like it

>still no clock speeds
Kinda important

My R9 290 can get to 90c under load and I run it for hours and hours at a time with no problems or housefires

You all fell for this stupid fucking meme.

What the fuck are you doing that you get 90c under load? When I still had my r9 290 it never went over 70C under load.

I agree but if I can get a card that can play games at max settings without touching triple digits I'm fine with it considering this is only a reference card.

Okay, I laughed.

If I'm gaming in 1080p with a case housing 3 180mm intake fans blowing one the GPU.

Can I get away with defense card?

Sure. you can set the fan curve to be a turbine to get the temps down.

I'm asking seriously man. Come on.

POSTed, ready, fans tweaked, palms are sweaty.
There's warnings on his speccy already, he spills spaghetti.

He's nervous, but on the boards appears calm and ready. To defend, shill, pretend, but he keeps forgetting

Snap right back to Fermi, (oh) house fire two point (oh) we are never gonna let it go (oh)

You only got woodcrews to (hold!) you card together, better remember Fermi, yo...

I am answering honestly, The card still need to suck that air in so you have to kick up the speed to get a benefit of the added airflow.

AMD HOUSEFIRES CARDS RUN AT 95C

not him but ive run my pc's with no sides on them since 2009 because every gpu since has been a fucking housefire aftermarket or no
>mfw my 770 got clogged with dust and was a literal heater for my feet
felt comfy tho and sounded hilarious windforce is fucking LOUD

Well, sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Albeit 2nd Gen clocks, with shit tdp, and terrible reference coolers.

This thing should be running half that, with first gen clocks and a supposedly superior cooler

temps where unaffected strangely it topped out at 70degrees all the same

literal mini housefire that card

lel

Oh ok.

So

I buy the 1070

And none of this is a problem!

Wow guys literal rocket sience. I swear this board gets fucking denser by the day.

Why does it matter? Is that hot enough to damage the chip?

>I'll just buy the 1070
>Nvidia is just the best, aren't they?
>Wow, what a deal!
>What do you mean "just get Fury, it's cheaper and performs better?"
>What am I? A cuck?

Damn you folded too easily

>104°C
>219.2°F
>383K

WE DON'T NEED POLARIS LET THE NOVIDEA BURN

BURN NOVIDEA

BURN

Enjoy your 7.5gb + 0.5gb vRam user.

>less power
>more heat

NOVIDEA DEFIES THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS!

This is almost as bonkers as the reference 290X

UNDERRATED

My 290x doesnt even Hit more than 70C

>die shrink
>literally within the error of margin
Just an OC'd maxwell. Everybody go home.

I'm kind of feeling nostalgic for a housefire card. Somehow it feels more authentic.

>lying about clock speeds
>lying about temperature
>lying about rop/ram
>lying lying lying
fucking christ how are they not bankrupt

>87 degrees
what's the problem?

Nvidia showcased it to be 67C at full load AND at 2.1ghz core speed.

Benchmarks show it easily reaches above 85 at 1.8ghz i.e. more nvidia lies.

You remind me of my faggot neighbor who watercools his stock 8350 with the side panel off and all 6 fans in the PC running 100% 24/7, talks about getting a 9590 instead of overclocking, and uses a 960 to game at 1440p

tl;dr retarded as fuck

Fell the Bern

What's the problem? Are you saying these temps are okay?

It's not a problem with the 1080.

Autists get their panties in a wad when they see numbers of 80 and do not have the ability to understand the operating temperature of a GPU is relative to the hardware.

I ran a Fermi card at 90 c for years. No issues. Because that's what it was designed to do.

>too stupid to clean the dust out every other month
>complains about housefires

I bet you buy reference cards.

>nvidia releases monster gpus
>they are space heaters
>shortly after their release nvidia announces their beginnings in the watercooling ind
So it begins.

I ran a q6700 at stock with the fan off for two weeks crunching trips years and years ago just to see what would happen

It sat at 102C the entire time without throttling. Overclocked to 3.4Ghz just the same afterwards

Let's see what Logan and company have to say.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPBgsWlm4sA

Haven't watched it yet