What is the best x99 motherboard? It seems like people have been having issues with x99 boards

What is the best x99 motherboard? It seems like people have been having issues with x99 boards.

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99E_WSUSB_31/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you need an x99 over a z170?

6700k a shit

Bump because I would also like to know.

Well the one in this picture is pretty good, but I didn't know there were any issues with the boards

Well it's a little confusing when some people complain that they had to RMA the mobo a bunch of times. Not to mention mobos always receive flak in reviews so its confusing on which one to choose

I've read lots people getting DOA Asus Deluxe boards. Is it just about gambling until they send you a decent one?

Where can I get a cheap 5820k + mobo?

>million usb 3.0 ports

why don't all motherboards have this..

I think micro center has some bundle but you might not live near one

It really depends on the CPU:

X99-A: 5820K
X99 Deluxe: 5930K
Rampage V: 5960X

Is Asus the best brand for x99 thou

x99-a or rampage v.

the deluxe is defective by design with usb ports spontaneously not working.

B-but... muh LEDs :^(

People usually talk about hardware online when they've got a problem with it. If you read too much into it, you'll be lead to believe that everything is shit, simply because you only ever read complaints, while 90% of the happy customers already forgot about leaving a review, or simply don't don't care. I know I wouldn't. The reality is that any electronic component can fail immediately or soon after purchase, regardless of how reliable the manufacturer claims it to be, even if it genuinely is so.
Motherboards happen to be the most complex part of any computer, containing hundreds of tiny components and any one can go bad. This can happen to to any model, from $50 bargain on up to $500 super premium, but the expensive model is going to be held to a higher standard, because it may be perceived that the higher price automatically implies better reliability. This generally skews expensive motherboards to receive lower reviews and more complaints, and since X99 is exclusively a premium platform, you are more likely to see this trend across the board.

asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99E_WSUSB_31/

The "best" would probably be this one right here (featurewise at least).

Otherwise you can't really fuck up anything too badly aside from Gigabyte. I'd just steer clear of all their X99 Boards, they all come with horrible problems out of the box.

Aside from that just take whatever manufacturers BIOS you like best, see if you need WiFi, Bluetooth, SLI and just buy the cheapest one you can get.

Wew thanks lad heard gigabyte was bad for x99 will avoid ty

Just plugging in my 18 hard drives now

Could you be more specific?

It's on just why get it when the price of the 5820k is about the same

Ok

Supermicro has an overclockable X99 board.
You literally have no reason to buy any other brand now.

I have a GA-X99-UD3 and it works fine with my 8 core Xeon

6700k is on a newer platform. All the controllers are better. The two advantages of x99 is that:
A) More PCIe lanes
B) Better CPU options
C) Quad channel DDR4

Pretty fucking big reasons but Z170 has many small advantages, including but not limited to a better USB controller, better NVMe performance, PCIe 3.0 vs. 2.0, DMI 3 vs. DMI 2 (8 GT/s bus speed vs x99's 5 GT/s), way better micro-ATX and mini-ITX options.

I've never had a good experience with Asus motherboards. They came broken 80% of the time and the other ones were usually just really bad relatively.

By two I meant three. :\

Asus started turning to shit 6 or 7 years ago when they realized they could just put out shit that was "good enough" and reap the rewards of the popularity of their brand. they don't do enough testing.

supermicro