/ptg/ - Private Trackers General

>Aussie Edition

Old thread: Comfy Rules:
>weebs >r/trackers >>>/what.cd/
>IRC niggers >whatcucks >ratiocucks New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
a.pomf.cat/mngqff.pdf (HDB's thread from PTP was recently pulled)
Or update it yourself faggots if you have a problem with it. Then check Google. If you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

What.CD interview info: opentrackers.org/whatinterviewprep.com/ and the wiki

Various HTTP/FPT servers with content:
ghostbin.com/paste/vngar

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.
Remember the following:
>OP is to lazy to edit the old paste
>tracker staff are known to browse and post in these threads - think twice before offering to trade, buy or sell invites and accounts here
>the same goes for publicly offering or accepting invites - even if staffers aren't watching, an user may still report you
>around 95% of posters here chat shit - don't make any claims about sites based on "something you read here once" (this especially applies if a poster has a name/trip attached)

Other urls found in this thread:

iptorrents.com/requests/1853751
crapple.com/),
xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best tracker that doesn't require you to maintain a ratio?

mine

third for can't upgrade user class on BTN because they don't count snatches from uploads

Depends on what you're looking for. Ratioless trackers exist for most niches, there are general ones too. Might not be easy to get into any of them if you are a PT virgin though, and ratioless doesn't mean you don't need to seed at all.

BTN of course

then IPT

then TSH

then MTV

I always just snatch hundreds of shit around 100MB when I'm near a promotion

I choose to upload 20 for what should be 3000 snatches
>tfw picked the worst month
>tfw never guru

Music and TV. All I am in is UHD

BTN is near impossible to get into. What is my best bet to get into ITP or MTV?

Lads, I'm () just trying to watch a good show and don't have access to BTN. Please help me out. Is NovaRip the release to get with subtitles from elsewhere?

Can't speak for whatcuck but MaM to MTV requires 6 fucking months.

What do you even upload to BTN?

I just use handbrake to transcode 720p HDTV encodes into 1080p. Nobody has called me on it yet.

hahahahahahaaah. just fucking make a request on IPT or MTV. Go to bed Italian fag

>BTN is near impossible to get into.
No it isn't. Just become elite on WCD and wait for an invite thread to show up.

>waiting
wew. I got in by making friends with users who had BTN master userbars on their profile

I tried to get into What.cd, not trying it again. It sounds like the biggest cuckfest ever. Are you saying it takes 6 months to get into MTV?

See ^

I just made season packs.

Getting into BTN was piss easy. Got in like an hour after I PMed the recruiter on BitGamer, didn't have to do anything special.

Yes. The recruits on MaM requires a 6month old account.

Just do AB or SHD and get into comfy (AHD) and then you can be positioned for BTN recruitment and shill with curry TSH while u wait m8

>making friends

What's the deal with Winter? Why hasn't he logged on in 5 months and why hasn't someone else taken his place? Few weeks afk? Sure some real life stuff going on perhaps, but 5 months? C'mon nigga.

PTP is closed as of 3 hours ago. Check PTP if u don't believe me

If I was Italian, I wouldn't need English subs, and season two is airing at the moment.

Yeah.. BUT IT'S BEEN OPEN FOR 5 MONTHS, WHERE IS WINTER?

Sorry man, it's closed now. You're fucked.

Not anymore

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING WINTER. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S CLOSED NOW. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN HE HASN'T BEEN INVITING ANYONE FOR FIVE (5) MONTHS. OPEN OR NOT, HE'S MIA.

At last, a decent FL pick

Did you have to show proof of anything?

So to get into AHD I need to get into AB or SHD (Which are not really relevant to my interests), and to get into MTV I need to get into AHD? Fuck.

I requested it this morning
iptorrents.com/requests/1853751

Pls add points. I don't have many cos I don't like seeding ;_;

I don't think it was required though I sent a couple of ratio proofs from other trackers as a matter of course.

I will look into that route. Thanks man.

I'm still waiting for that 1080p-bluray.

Yeah good luck, though note that it was around 4 years ago and the site I got in from doesn't exist anymore.

i thought this was horrible?

How about you watch it and form your own opinion

just do SHD, it has TV shows and documentaries, not just elearning. Better than mam and has ptp

I have the first four episodes. I can put them up on Mega if you want, though it'll take a while.

Looks like applications are closed.

Never knew ScreaminJay helped start PTP.

>Quick question to hax paperk in private message: Does he want to go to prison, lose all his money and be in trouble? If he does, that can be arranged. If he does not, he should unban ScreaminJay, my account on my tracker or else, we'll have troubles and I'll have to go to his door, ask him to give me all the money and rehost the site on my servers. Then, I will call the police and he will go to prison for messing up my site. I don't deal with st00pid punks, I'm a hacker, I don't go to prison because what I do hear is always legal. I'm continually on the right side of the law and this is why I can work with Google or Apple or whoever I want to. They don't mind, they don't delete all my accounts. If I call Woz, he don't delete my iPhone data. We cool. If I call Google, they don't make my Paranoid Android Tablet and my Chromebook explode. We all cool, we don't mind what we do, they don't send you to prison if you're doing good in the world, but if you make money out of all of this, then I send you to prison and call all your friends to tell them you're a dumb punk. That is the last warning he will get if I am not unbanned, then all the staff will be banned and lose access to PTP if this is what they prefer. Did you know, before he died, Steve Jobs earned 1$ a year, maybe this should give you a clue about our ethics and the way we think the technologies you misuse all of the time because you misunderstand how they work, but we all do them nicely so you have something to do with your time. I've been doing that since I'm a teenager, maybe I know a thing or two you never will. Darn, you even ban Bob Ackerman, you must be insane. Would you ban John Draper and maybe Woz as well if I invited them to join PTP? Are you that st00pid? What do you think they would do, plant bombs on your servers?

>Come on, don't be silly. What I do is legal. I have a new legit BT Sync project I'll be working on, it will be crapple.com (crapple.com/), I already told Woz! My iPhone was not destroyed. My Mac Air didn't start erasing all my data. I work with Bob Ackerman, John Draper (maybe), jcovert (maybe) and Donna on dat. It's a big cryptic projex you'd never understand because you're way too st00pid to get it. It's new codes, not something you craft with existing codes. I am no script kiddie. People work for me, I don't work for them. All very simple. I am just tired of having to ban all the staff until they leave me be and stop destroying my data. I am on all sites, what is it you don't get?. I have many accounts on PTP, but I dislike having to hide in my alternate ones. Please don't destroy my site damn it.
-J

PS: KG also should not ban me or else, I get mad at this site for being mean to me, which it never was thus far. So, of course, do not ban either me nor Bob Ackerman I just invited to join. It would just be a bad idea and you know it. I'm working on new projex, but PTP should stop trying to ban me, it's idiotic to do that, they aren't allowed to ban the site creator who made just about every single things work out there. It would be as if Apple fired Woz for being a bad boy or if they sent a crack team of ninja assassins to kill John Draper. That would be a retarded thing to do, but a lot of people are retarded, what can you do? How many times do I have to replace the people who run my site really? It's ridiculous. Also, I would prefer if KG did not say bad things about my site in my back, I did no harm there, I just made a site that made sense to me. I make a bunch of sites I give away when I figure they work just fine without me, but it is st00pid to ban me and force me to use hidden alternate accounts that are not the ones I use on a regular basis and that have bad stats.

what happened to that guy? he used to be active in pretty much every pt

>PPS: To everyone else who may be concerned about my sanity, I can give you paperwork that says I'm fine the way I am and I do not take any illegal drugs. However, you should stop using PTP when the site creator is banned, because that's always the stupidest most idiotic thing to do to remove the person from the site he crafted. If some people think hackers work alone without any help and do everything from A to Z, they are silly and they have no clue. I'm purely blue hat, not an assclown ninja on crack and smack who walk backward on clouds while popcorning with ether. That would just be an insane thing to do, so I avoid doing it. I've been doing this since the 90's as said, since all of this exist. I downloaded the crack to rip DVD the day it came out. I launched a DivX scene group almost the day DivX 3.11 came out. I've used DC++ and eMule when that started to make more sense, I shifted to KG when it seemed better, I created PTP to work the way I believed a movie-only site should run. It was not to compete and make shadow over the black crow, just my own project, that's all. I still like KG and always did, but I had trouble finding people here who wanted to hear my silly ideas like turning KG into a production company, a bit like NetFlix eventually decided to do. That was a concept. It could have worked if it was done properly with crowd-funding and stuff with a way to redirect some money from donors to a user that propose a project that seems interesting, be it a book, a movie or an album. I also always believed KG should host a picture section, so we can share good scans of artworks.

Who is this guy?

>See, these are the type of ideas I can work around if people are able to decode and code what I say. Now I have a new upcoming project, it will be CRAPPLE.com if I can figure out who own it and get it for my own usage, it will be a BT Sync craftmanship workshop for cyberpunks who can decode and decypher some conceptual ideas. If interested, email me or call me and if you can't figure out how to do that, then that's probably not a site for you. I will only answer if you sound interesting. I've met the dude here who ran the finances back a few years ago. He seemed cool, so I kept trusting this site as safe and secure, even when it says bad things about me behind my back, it is simply misunderstanding what I do. Maybe the criticism are right, maybe I am wrong some of the time, but I'd be insane if I believed I was right 100% of the time, so I take criticism fine if they are constructive and not too offensive. Each has their preferences on how things should work. It's OK to debate if it's not simply to insult, but I can't do anything when people say I'm an idiot, They're ripe, but their banana is turning black in the fridge and they're not even making muffin. Trashtalkerz r lick dat when all I do they figure is wrong is screaming using a mouse and keyboard, they think that's the most evil thing somehow? I checked our laws, it's legal to scream using a keyboard if you're a jay bird, not a jailhouse rocker and I'm not saying this because I think I'm Elvis, I'm sane. HANDJOB encoded almost everything Elvis-related otherwise if interested, but wait until they unban me or I ban them all to get that. SUBMISSIVE is not a group that worked very well and I didn't find the ripe people to run it. KG is still top site at the subtitling projex, perhaps with ADC and 'tik, not sure really, hard to rank them, but PTP is a bit too infantile sometime to do subtitling projex and subforums.

>Even if I haxed them to do it like on KG, they'd say no, they're not following the best role models all of the time when they run ship without me around to explain what are optimal models. We eventually found someone who could translate Japanese to English, but that always takes time. I know another guy who can translate Japanese to French, but it's hard to get them all on various projects. Anyway, the interest was not there to sync up HANDJOB with SUBMISSIVE to create whole encode from source with custom subs inside the MKV. Scene eventually followed my clue by shifting to x264 finally. I've downloaded just about all their releases so far, but it's only good to play on tablets, laptops and such in SD. They just stopped being stupid and thinking people still burned their flix on CDR past 2010. Also took them long ass time to come up with the notion that, of course, some people likes da FLAC duck music. Not me, mp3 does ok still by my count for the sort of audio equip I'm geared with. Never figured I required 10,000$ sound system to hear music myself. 300$ samsung sound bar suffice for movies with stereo speakers for music, the rest is a little wasteful for being excessively expensive for normal average user of sounds and images who cannot see in 3D with surround sound booming a home theater system made out of glass, metal and wood. That's just way too much money for something you can find for a whole lot cheaper with similar quality if your eyes work slightly below perfection. I mean, when people tell me it's not perfect because there is a barely visible distortion from source to encode, I think they believe people have mutant eyes that sea stuff in 3D with odoramic soundstreams. Quality and quantity are not mutually exclusive, but anal-retentive folks who believe you need 5,000kbps to encode something in SD are nuts.

>Ditto if they encode a bluray and make it almost as large as the remux, this is st00pid way of encoding, that's why I often prefer scene HD encodes, because they don't think 19,000kbps is logical for HD, which is true. Who the heck are these folks with the perfect vision and 10,000$ HDTV? 4000k is even more ridiculous, who the hell have 100 inches TV? Do they think people should have an IMAX screen in their bathroom? A lot of folks watch flix and pixels on little electronix gyzmos and they figure, let's give them tech to watch movies at home on a cinema screen. Past a certain resolution, what is the point for home viewing of movies? I use to be ok, if slightly not pleased, with recorded VHS tapes in EP... it sucked, but that was the cheapest tech available to pirate moviez before dat internet thing showed up, so I still kept the rotting stack of stuff I recorded in the 90's, but it's kind of pointless now. Same deal with going to a resolution breaking point that makes no sense if you can't watch stuff at home on IMAX screens. When will we xfer 4000k encodes on torrent sites? I don't think it would be sensible. Just how big do they want the data to be?
300gb per movie? Why not 1tb per movie? Why not 1pb per movie? How far must it go before the resolution is pointless unless you try to beam a movie on the moon so that everyone can see it?
TLDR: Do not use PTP ever while I am banned. They are crooks.

>Do not use PTP ever while I am banned. They are crooks.

>They are crooks.

You now have the information. Make your decision.

OK, now condense that into a couple of sentences.

Aren't every private tracker crooks?

>TLDR: Do not use PTP ever while I [ScreaminJay] am banned. They are crooks.

Marked

Why? Why should I care?

>needing a reason to care about PT drama

How the fuck am I supposed to change fps with this

That's just the settings app. The actual ReClock app that lets you change FPS should open when you run media with a player that uses it. It should give you a tray icon you can open for such settings.

Also this has nothing to do with private trackers.

>BTN is near impossible to get into.

Not when recruitment opens in a matter of weeks/months.

>What do you even upload to BTN?

There's shitloads of stuff you can upload to BTN. Tons of obscure shows, you can make season packs, or just reupload from DDL.

What makes you think that? I will keep my eyes open.

What have you snatched recently?

What are some good PTP alternatives ? Recently got disabled on PTP and didn't prepare for any backups.

HDB

Disabled there also

Have you considered not being a faggot?

>tfw you wish you could talk about recent snatches without anons worrying about being /marked/

>The /ptg/ Leecher's guide to easy private leeching!

>Don't feel like seeding long term? Want to just download and be done with like you did on the Pirate Bay? A member of WCD/PTP/BTN but you don't want to fuck up your stats and get also get stuff to cross-seed? The following sites/trackers are good for downloading quality content without seeding long term, if at all.

>1) MorethanTV (MTV) - Lots of TV shows and some movies. Ratioless unless you want higher userclass. No HnR at all. Easy to join via most private invite forums. Serves as a minimal BTN backup for popular and somewhat-popular content. Rare stuff has to be requested.

>2) Torrentshack (TSH) - Ratioless general tracker with minimal HnR and no stats are recorded except upload. Well-known as a BTN mirror thanks to their bot which grabs new episodes from BTN within minutes. If they don't have what you want, they emphasize using their request system, which is fast. Movies come from the scene, p2p, and internal encodes. Easy to join via most private invite forums. Retention here is poor for obvious reasons.

>3) Baconbits (bB) - Ratio-based, but no HnR at all. Good for downloading movies, TV seasons, books and music from other trackers. Not great for bleeding edge stuff unless it's popular. Has a good request fill rate since members are also on top trackers. Tons of freeleech, and anything over 20GB is freeleech, plus BP can be exchanged to freeleech the torrent of your choice. Their invite forums are as effective as WCD's as well.

>4) SoItGoes (SIG) - Not a torrent tracker, but a Mega linksharing site. No seeding at all and very few dead links. Lots of internal movie encodes from HDB/AHD/PTP, tons of TV seasons, some books, and plenty of music. Not great for bleeding edge new stuff because of the relatively small userbase - better used as an archive for stuff older than a week. Use with Jdownloader or Megatools to make downloading even faster and easier. Recruits from bB.

Any questions?

This is kind of pointless if you can't get into the last two at the moment, no?

>What makes you think that?

Because all trackers have to keep recruiting or they stagnate you dumbfuck. PTP is more than full so BTN is soon to open recruitment. They take turns recruiting.

How the hell do you know when to download 96/24 on what.cd? I DLd a pretty large one, and the quality drops during some of the tracks.

>getting disabled from top trackers

How stupid are you?

>This is kind of pointless if you can't get into the last two at the moment, no?

You can't get into BTN either but you absorb knowledge and prepare to get into it when you can't, don't you?

Stop being a fucking retard who says "aw jeez itz closed so hurr durr I can't do shit might as well sit here doing nothing". It doesn't matter if a tracker is closed to new recruits. You prepare and wait, like a smart person.

the only reason I got disabled was for coming here, so as stupid as you it seems

This is good to know, thanks!

Anything over 44.1/16 is placebo.
xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

tl;dr anything higher than 44.1/16 is inaudible, even with the highest-end equipment. Anyone who believes they can hear a difference is fooling themselves.

So I tested this with two versions of The Wall and definitely noticed a difference (the 96/24 sounding much better) Then at this point does it have to do with who mastered it?

I was disabled for breaking a rule on one, and the other for shit I didn't even do

How did you test it?

Silicon Valley S03E06

with my ears, listening to both, one night with 44 and the next with 96, got a headache with the 44.

So not a blind test, AKA entirely placebo

Assuming the 96/24 is in a lossless format, make a 44.1/16 lossless transcode and do an ABX test. There's plugins for fb2k and Winamp, as well as dedicated programs. Also make sure to read about statistical significance in ABX tests. Have fun!

I would also recommend that you read the link I posted and not just take my tl;dr at face value.

shit, sorry, i'm new to this.

I figured

what tracker?

>the only reason I got disabled was for coming here, so as stupid as you it seems

Not really, because you are disabled, and I'm not.

>the other for shit I didn't even do

Explain.

>Also this has nothing to do with private trackers.

>not getting 25fps MPEG-2 releases of your favorite airing tv shows
Plenty to do with pt's :^)

HDB
Try and catch me, there are 306 snatches at this writing.

>tfw no PTP
Do I have any chance anons?
pls no bully

No, PTP just closed their doors forever

What does "curry" mean?

The second I tell you I'm /marked/ and I'd rather not bring it up since complaining isn't going to change anything

But you just said you're already /marked/

>A Walk Among the Tombstones
Good movie? Never watched. Have a scene release I downloaded before private trackers. What's a good encode?

When did I say that?
I don't want to publicly dispute this matter, but some information about where HDBits gets leaked first would be helpful. I'm already a member of HDBits but they don't have everything, and I'm not willing to join IPT. Everything else is fair game

is it safe to say that WCD will never hit user cap?

Maximum users: 200,000
Enabled users: 146,530
Users active today: 22,659 (15.46%)
Users active this week: 60,040 (40.97%)
Users active this month: 103,313 (70.51%)

Never mind. Seems there was a 2nd person who said that.

HDBits stuff mostly gets "leaked" first to BTN and PTP.

Isn't BTN tv only though? I have access to most of the TV content available via secondary trackers, usenet, and pub torrents but what I am seriously lacking in is access to movies.