Laggy Samsung S5

My Samsung galaxy S5 is a laggy piece of shit. I dont want to get a new phone just yet since im still on a plan, Does anyone know how i can speed it up? Cheers

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/rd-unlocking-galaxys-s5-bootloader-t3337909/page147
forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/toshiba-11-series-bootloader-unlock-t3349346/page24
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>samsung

there is your problem

its filed with useless programs that just run on the background
also:
>using android

Let me guess, it's on Verizon
>Using Apple

Get a new ROM

Best advice I can give is to root it and then install a costume rom that isn't bloated with useless apps or other shit.

I used to have a Galaxy s3 and a s4 with custom rom, never had any laggy issues whatsoever. I used the Omega Rom. That was the smoothest rom I've ever used.

install cyanogen

I have a Galaxy S5 that runs faster than it did when I bought it two years ago. I am running Cyanogenmod Nightlies with Android v6.0.1. A few days ago they updated the stock Cyanogen web browser and I am legitimately impressed. Best mobile browser I have ever used.

Its funny how tables turn in life. From 2002-2010 or so, Verizon was widely regarded as the best carrier. Nowadays because of their overreaching policies, most people avoid them unless they are grandfathered in with unlimited data.

But anyway, yes - get Cyanogenmod. I used to worry if this would hold together until the Note 6 came out, now I don't care when it comes out because it isn't necessary to me anymore.

Samsung is shit. I bought 2 phones from them and they were malfunctioning.

Im in Australia so i have different phone carriers here such as Telstra, Optus etc. Would there be an Australian version?

while we're talking about samsung, what do you guys think of the note 5?

put it in the washer. usually loosens up some of the stagnant files.

Just get the regular LTE ROM.
t. Ex Aussie S5 owner

I have am S5 on verison. I thought you couldn't root it cuz of the boot loader or something?

Start w factory reset. If no avail, root it and put new ROM on it.

I have one. I'm rather disappointed. I might sell it to buy a Nexus 5x or 6p. The AT&T version comes with this shit called KNOX which is a security feature. So if you try to root your phone, it bricks itself. No recovery, nothing. Just a black screen of death. So no ROMs, root, or custom recovery if you get a Verizon or AT&T version. Even without KNOX the lack of documentation on the processor means there are only a handful of touchwizz ROMs to choose from. I mostly just want root and a custom recovery to uninstall carrier bloatware and make backups easily.

Pros:
>Stylus is fucking awesome. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. It's the only thing making me hesitate to get rid of it.

>Quick and accurate fingerprint reader. Easy to set up and manage in settings.

>Display is incredible. So much detail and color. So sharp and crisp that I have multiple orgasms looking at it.

>Wireless charging is convenient. I bought a pad for $20 on ebay. Works though the case and it's pretty quick.

>Fast as fuck. I've experienced no lag in the week I've had it. I keep like 15-25 applications open at a time as well. Things would open instantly if the there weren't animations. I tested it with the app drawer settings on Nova launcher.

Cons
>Shit battery. My iPhone 6 I just switched from lasts longer and has an 1800 mAh battery. The one in the Note 5 is 3000. Quick charging makes up for it though. The quick charging genuinely is as good as advertised.

>Shit camera. It's horrible. My old iPhone with an 8MP camera and no OIS takes better photos. Unless you can sit as still as a statue, every picture will be a blurry disappointment. Don't know about the front facing one. Haven't used it yet. Also has a weak flash equivalent to that of an iPhone 4.

>Speaker is mediocre. The one on my old iPhone was better. I rarely use the speaker as I have several Bluetooth ones and headphones, but it's an additional small disappointment.

I'm not getting another time Samsung device

Go into recovery and wipe the cache, then reboot.

Do this, OP.

>selling used phone
>2016

If people buy these things, why shouldn't I sell it? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Download a load of tuning apps from the play store and run them all at once

can confirm, mine works great with CM
was a laggy piece of shit with stock samshit android too

The bootloader is locked for many people, but rooting is available for all from what I understand.
You can also unlock the bootloader if your CID ends with a 15 instead of an 11. You can read all this in a thread stickied on the XDA forums for the Verizon galaxy s5.

Install Nova Launcher and use it instead of your existing launcher. Then optimise it for speed, rather than eye candy.

The fuck are you doing you moron. Reset it to factory default and delete bloat.

>tfw Moto E with Nova and disabled animations is snappy as fuck even with just 1GB RAM

>Samsung + Samshit bloat
>Android 5.1.1 instead of 6.01

Get a Nexus (or atleast a OnePlus or Xiaomi,something you can unfuck) or get fucked

S3 here with CM13, works like a charm.

>tfw using S5 with CM13
Feels gud

Flash a Custom ROM

This.

The way I understand it is certain Verizon S5 bootloaders can be unlocked, and ATT is being worked on. It's down to a "Run this APK" point now.

forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/rd-unlocking-galaxys-s5-bootloader-t3337909/page147

forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/development/toshiba-11-series-bootloader-unlock-t3349346/page24

Lot of reading to do but give it a couple more months and ATT will probably be unlocked as well then this phone will actually be useable instead of just garbage with good hardware.

S7, s6 debloated rom or cyanogenmod 13 or 12. You'll never go back.