/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com/
gizmochina.com/

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of May 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Asus announces Zenfone 3 alongside premium Deluxe and giant Ultra models
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/30/11809676/asus-zenfone-3-deluxe-ultra-announced-specs

>Massive: Asus Zenfone 3 phones launch with 6GB of RAM and 6.8-inch display
techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/massive-asus-zenfone-3-phones-launch-with-6gb-of-ram-and-6-8-inch-display-1322398

>ARM’s new CPU and GPU will power mobile VR in 2017
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/29/11808042/arm-cortex-a73-mali-g71-computex-2016

>ARM introduces Cortex A-73 chip and Mali-G71 graphics chip; higher performance, energy efficient
phonearena.com/news/ARM-introduces-Cortex-A-73-chip-and-Mali-G71-graphics-chip-higher-performance-energy-efficient_id81620

>HTC One M9+ Prime Camera Edition goes official with MediaTek Helio X10 SoC, 5.2-inch display
gsmarena.com/htc_one_m9_prime_camera_edition_launched_with_with_mediatek_helio_x10_soc_52inch_display-news-18482.php

>LeEco Le Max 2 Review – A Real Flagship Killer of 2016?
gizmochina.com/2016/05/28/leeco-le-max-2-review-beauty-meets-power/

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_active-6356.php
youtube.com/watch?v=YPFVNNZqUKk
kimovil.com/en/compare/lg-google-nexus-5-16gb,vernee-thor,xiaomi-redmi-3-pro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alright, I need info on the Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro

Should I get the 16gb or the 32gb version?
What about survivability? Does the charger catch on fire? the battery explodes?

Is there good Rom support? (Even custom)

I know i have to spend 150-200 bucks for a phone with basically no warranty but I need to know for how long this thing will survive.

>spend 150-200 bucks for a phone
Why not go for the Redmi Note 3 Pro? it is much more powerful.

>What about survivability? Does the charger catch on fire? the battery explodes?
No, Xiaomi is a good brand, they are not a cheap chink brand that breaks after a year.

RN3P does have a lot of rom supported, AOSP included.

The pro is 32GB.
It comes with more ram than the 16gb version and has a fingerprint sensor.

I got the redmi 3 pro, it should be here any day. I don't regret it at all, if the phone does everything you need, why spend the extra?

>Why not go for the Redmi Note 3 Pro? it is much more powerful.
I didn't notice the difference but I actually meant the Note version.

Is 16gb enough? I read that the phone reserves 1gb of ram for something.

Do you have the phone? Does it come with the Italian language? (not really important, but it's a plus)

>I didn't notice the difference but I actually meant the Note version.
The Note version is X10
The Note Pro is SD650 (way more powerful).
The Redmi 3/3 Pro is SD616, which is not bad on its own but not as strong as SD650. if it's enough for your uses than it should be fine for casual use.

>Do you have the phone? Does it come with the Italian language? (not really important, but it's a plus)
No, however, you need to flash the global ROM anyway to get rid of the Chinese spyware ROM that is installed from the shop. its not very complicated, but a little tricky.

detailed guide here:

How do I uninstall all the preinstalled ATT and google applications? It won't let me in most cases. Do I have to root the stupid thing to do it?

From what device?

Go for it. I have a Redmi 3 and it's been very satisfying so far. Battery lasts me 2 days with moderate to heavy use. Waiting to unlock the bootloader but the stock ROM is good enough at the moment. Most bloatware can be disabled or uninstalled. There is also a CM12 build available.

Where do you guys buy your chinkshit?

>ASSus ZF3
Fuck Asus, coming from a ZF2 4GB user.
Or would it be more appropriate to say fuck Intel for pulling out of the market?

Zenfone 3 deluxe looks pretty nice
>TheZenFone 3 Deluxeis the flagship model. It has a full metal body with no visible antenna lines and 4.2mm edges. It is built around a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with over 100% NTSC color gamut and 79% screen to body ratio.

>The phone runs on the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with up to 6GB of RAM. On the back is a 23 megapixel Sony IMX318 camera with f2.0 aperture, 4-axis optical image stabilization, and 4K video with the same TriTech autofocus system as on the ZenFone 3.

The Zenfone was the original meme phone. Feel sorry for all of the poor sods who fell for it because of the constant shilling on Sup Forums.

It was the same for ZF2
>intel based
>4gb ram
>1080p screen
Except it never got out of 5.0 most probably because all support died when Intel decided to say 'nah forget about the millions of dollars we bought in to try to compete we're out of here'
I should have fallen for the Mi4i meme.

>microsoft basically discontinues windows phone
>not a single thread about it since then

So apparently the redmi note 3 pro wont work with my 4g lte. Any other downsides to the bands not working?

>post a mini review of your phone

Have had the chinkme note 3 (not the Pro) for the past two months. Can't say I'm surprised about the few bugs here and there, what with it being a chink phone.

Once the phone got so unbearably laggy that I had to restore it to default.
The fingerprint scanner also doesn't seem to be all too accurate at times.
Apart from that, it's all good in the hood.

It rarely lags & battery life is a beast (way over 16 hours on some days). I haven't used my powerbank since I bought it.
What I especially love is that despite the fact that I've not yet rooted it, I have a lot of root-like privileges (block apps from accessing the data/wifi, allow only certain apps to start on boot, adjust what apps have what permissions, etc)

Overall, for a cheap chinkphone, it's worth the value.

Pic related

everyone laughs at you for using a chinkphone that cannot even get 4g

you will die a virgin, alone.

RMN2 is pretty comfy desu senpai
> cheap af
> removable back
> sd card
> tons of roms

You would still consider it even though the radio isn't compatible?

The fuck is wrong with you dude...

What bands are missing? Could you unlock them?

Is the 16gb good enough or I MUST have the 32gb one? I'm talking about the Note Pro.

>>LeEco Le Max 2 Review – A Real Flagship Killer of 2016?
What about the LeEco Le 2 (Pro), is it viable?

The new Asus phones
>5.5 inch
>5.7 inch
>6.8 inch (WTF)

when is the large phone meme going to end?

Never. Normiefags want the new iPhone, chinks & poo in loos want 90" cinemaxx phones and usual normie cucks take what the provider throws at them.. or samshit.

>> considers people Normie's for using modern day tech
>> tries to make fun of people for using a 5.5 inch phone
>> hates change

Get with the times shit head. 5.5 screen size is actually pretty nice for most people. Unfortunately there is few of you under 5 ft 5 in that have little baby hands and can't handle a decent size phone. For you companies like Sony were nice enough to make compact phones for your little compact hands that you use to jerk off your little compact dick.

Sorry, I got pulled away.
This one: gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_active-6356.php

>modern day tech
>iPhone
>tech
>>>/facebook/

>chinks and Pajeets
>people
Calm down Pajeet, nobody's gonna shit on your street or take your job at Foxconn.

>hates change
I don't. I simply want a PHONE, not a tablet. If i wanted a tablet, i'd buy one. Pajeet understands?

MiUi is quite a ram hog. with 2gb it will take almost a gig to itself. if your'e fine with it, go for it. just make sure its the SD650 variant.

>
>>modern day tech
>>iPhone
>>tech
>>>>/facebook/
>>chinks and Pajeets
>>people
>Calm down Pajeet, nobody's gonna shit on your street or take your job at Foxconn.
>>hates change
>I don't. I simply want a PHONE, not a tablet. If i wanted a tablet, i'd buy one. Pajeet understands?

The fuck are you saying why the foxconn implying? You know that Acer Intel Sony Samsung and many more are customers of Foxconn? He said 5,5" is good and for most people (including women) nice to handle. You should leave your basement.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPFVNNZqUKk

>wanting a tablet as a phone
Yea, just let me make a call, i only need to get my laptop.

Zenfone 3 is a big disappointment.

The rest aren't smartphones anymore, but phablets.

The ZF3 deluxe too?

5,5" is a tablet? Cry me a river manlet.

>he's a manlet because he doesn't want to hold a brick to his ear
Nice try, Pajeet. Usually people want a phone if they want a phone, not a brick.
>>>/poo/

usually post in these threads giving recommendations but today I'm asking.

Xperia Z3 finally died after just 20 months.
>totally not because I tried to demo it being waterproof to my friends by taking a swimming pool selfie.

what I'm looking for:
>3GB+ RAM
>32GB+ Storage
>larger screen preferred (5.0"+)
>camera doesn't have to be amazing. 13-16MP is acceptable.
>Battery life is a must. 3000mAh or higher
>some kind of IPxx water/dust resistant rating
>SD Card slot. I have a 32GB card from the Xperia that I'd want to move over.
>Maximum $500 budget. not spending $720 again like I did with the Xperia back in sept 2014.

extras that would be nice
>fingerprint sensor. never had one and itd be neat to have.
>IR Blaster would be fun

Phones I'm looking at:
>Nexus 6/6P
>Galaxy Note 3/4
>Asus Zenfone 2
>LG G3/4
>HTC One M8/M9

any ideas?

oh, and it needs to have LTE Bands 2, 4, and 12 for T-Mobile.

Allright boys, what would you recommend for someone looking to replace a samsung 4s? im looking at the huawei honor 6 and the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

RN3P? OP2?

neither of those have SD card slot and RN3P doesn't have US LTE bands.

Z5/Z3+/Huawei Mate 8.

Samsung Galaxy SIII died after almost 4 years. Ordered HTC 10 did I do good or was it a mistake?

>zenfone 3 uses lagdragon

QQ intel never again!!

S7>HTC10.

Easy to root and open the boot loader I opposite of the locked down as hell Samshit? You did well.

>falling for redmi note 3 pro meme

just get a zenfone 2

In opposite*

Did you thought about HTC One A9? I'm in similar boat to yours, as T-Mobile has been nagging me to extend my contract

>Maximum $500 budget
Get the Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Snapdragon 820, 6GB of RAM for $500.

I have a VPN that needs testing to see if it can be connected to outside of my home network. Any takers?

But it has screen the size of Samsung's Notes, and no S-Pen equivalent. What's the point of such a big phone anyways? To carry it around I'd have to keep it in my cargo pockets, and there are other things there, and I don't carry a manpurse

How do I setup a OpenVPN connection on my Galaxy S6 natively? I don't want to use the app, and my PPTP VPN isn't supported by the always-on function in TouchWiz. My phone's rooted, if there's a way to brute-force it

In need for a good 5 inch dual sim smartphone. Budget is 200€ max.I had a nexus 5 but it got stolen. Any phone as powerfull as that but with better battery life? Also sd card is a just if internal is only 16. I will be using two sim cards so hybrid sim trays are a nope. Thanks in andvance

*Sd card is a must

release date?

Redmi 3.

Just have the k6000 pro in mind but the sd card slot works as the second SIM card slot so no expandable storage. But it is under your budget and has a huge battery and 32gb intern storage. It's 5.5 inches though.

You did good, the HTC m10 it's a great phone

Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

Thank s for the suggestion. Although the 5.5 screen is the biggest dealbreaker for me. For me, 5 is the best size. More than that makes the phone really uncomfortable for me

how dumb is it to get an iphone 5s now

Does the redmi 3 pro perform any close to my old nexus 5? I dont really know a lot about mobile proccesors and socs but the krait 400 i was using until now was flawless even if it was 2-3 years old. Also, is there any rom support like cyanogenmod? The miui is really sluggish in my opinion

I have a s6. Are chinkphones that much better? Can they do things that my samsung can't?
Newfag here

Need a 'nexus-like' device that is affordable and works on Verizon (U.S.) any advice?

What's so amazing about Xiaomi

Looks like the SD616 scores a little less on antutu and geekbench. battery is definitely better. I think there's CM12 rom but not sure. MiUi is ugly I agree.

Another option is Vernee Thor, seems a lot like a N5. similar performance battery size etc.

comparison between all 3
kimovil.com/en/compare/lg-google-nexus-5-16gb,vernee-thor,xiaomi-redmi-3-pro

>he thinks 5.5 inches is too unreasonable for a phone
I bet you also think a 5.5 inch dick is too much to hope for. But it's OK, manlet, apple made the SE just for you :)

$450 for the 4GB/64 model. No pricing on the 6GB/128 yet. Also
>5.8 inch screen
>1080 resolution
Whyyyyy Asus? You were soooo close

What the fuck of course not they are cheap but not wondermashines.

>falling for the zenfone meme
watch these be stuck on 5.0 forever too

They launch the with MM, so they'll be stuck on 6.0.1 :^)

>$450 for the 4GB/64 model. No pricing on the 6GB/128 yet
Still not bad. that's S7 specs for lot less.

Never owned a smartphone before. Looking at a z5c or z3c. Anything a total retard should know?

What does Sup Forums think of the oneplus x, i want a nice 5 inch phone with good build quality.

I'm choosing between a Moto X Pure and the Nexus 5x. I like the Pure's expandable storage and nicer screen, however I heard criticism about the battery life. The Nexus is cheap and looks solid with Fi. How's the root and ROM support for either?

I'm on a Moto G2 and only use my phone for shitposting really.

Not him, htc a9 looks nice but it has a goddamn small battery for that size.

2150 mah is a fucking joke.

What's the best phone around $150-$200 that works with ATT LTE?

how in the fuck does the redmeme not have a sd card slot you retard?
Protip: you put it in the sim card tray, instead of the second sim

Thoughts on the upcoming Vernee Apollo Lite?

I wish they would have put those specs into the ultra model too. I want a high end gigantor phone to play with.

Vaporware.

Nexus 5x

>need a phone that works with T-Mobile's 700MHz spectrum because I barely get reception where I'm sitting most of the time
>haven't been able to find a chinkphone that supports it

Oneplus 2 has band 12

Is it worthy to buy an S7 if i'm going to be paranoid it will get stolen in my shithole city?

Anyone here uses Poweramp? Would you recommend using it?

I prefer shuttle+ and phonograph, but power amp works fine after applying a material theme

I switched to Shuttle a while ago, looks much more cleaner.

they're pretty much the same though

Shuttle or Jet player.

>no intel x86 SoC to run a VM of windows 7 like you can on the Zenfone 2
FUCKING DROPPED

why not just wait for Oneplus 3 next month, then?

Because it won't have a microsd slot just like the oneplus 2.

>have my own FTP server at home

I'm not worried

Good for you but until cell carriers offer unlimited lte at faster than 750Mbps 24/7 everywhere I go then I'm gonna stick to a phone with a microsd slot. I hear samsung is already working a 320GB microsd card.

hated my m10 returned it in 3 days.

>>inferior screen
>>camera is shit

who gives two fucks about roms in 2016? If you have a big boy job you won't have time for that shit. My S7Edge gets 6 hours SOT without mods/tweaks/disabling anything. has a baddass camera and everything else is better maybe minus QC 3.0 and the AMP/DAC.

What do you even do with all that content? I've never heard anyone who can reasonably justify having more than 10GB of media.

>6.8"

Thank you, that was really helpful and informative

>What do you even do with all that content?
Microsd cards are used for more than storing music. We also store movies, tv shows, torrents, use them as flash drives, ect. But point is an android phone without a microsd slot is DOA to most people.