PS4 or XBOX 360 controller for PC?

PS4 or XBOX 360 controller for PC?

I'm planning to get one when playing sports and driving games on the PC. Which is better? I've read reviews that the xbox one controller isn't better than the 360 so I'm better of buying the cheaper one.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded
youtube.com/watch?v=9m4FVQKZTNY
youtube.com/watch?v=o2UlYvRJl80
youtube.com/watch?v=scVxELMF9Ts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

360 is the greatest controller ever made.

XBOne elite controller, or the 360 is that is too expensive. those triggers are better for driving than the sony ones.

360. Just plugs in and works, and is comfy as fuck compared to that lump of shit designed for little slope boys.

Windows games are made for Xbox controllers.
All of 'em. No matter what Valve tries to tell you, no one uses the Steam Controller for anything special.

Never use a PS3 controller on Windows. If you're not careful you'll get a virus with your drivers.
PS4 isn't so bad in this regard. But the safest bet is an Xbox controller.

Dualshock 3 is hte best controller ever made, the only reason the 360 controler is the way it is, is to be different from the PS contorller.

get the steam controller

Xiaomi Gamepad

But the 360/one controllers are plug and play.

360 controllers are meme controllers

Get the PS4 with touchpad and much more comfortable for hands.

360, get XboxMouse program and watch movies comfy on couch/bed.

>PS4 touchpad
>on Windows
kek

I have all kinds of novelty input devices.
Trackballs, 3D Connexion, Steam Controller, PS4, Wacom Intuos, ThinkPad TrackPoint, hell I've even used head trackers.

The PS4 touchpad is by far the worst input method I've tried out of anything.

The main problem is that it's far too shakey to be used as a real input for anything other than large, coarse swipes to get the pointer in the general area of where it needs to be.

When you try to actually click shit, the pointer moves as a result of the touchpad's oversensitivity and then you end up dragging or selecting shit instead of clicking on them.

360 or xbox one controller

I'm a big fan of the Xbone controller, it has slightly nicer triggers, smoother analogue sticks, and a MUCH better d-pad than the 360 pad. If you play anything that uses the d-pad in any serious way, get that instead.

Not with that garbage D-Pad.

ps4 touchpad is pretty damn handy when sitting in the couch and browsing files and games on the computer hooked up to the tv

>Unironically recommending a chinkshit knockoff of a pajeet designed microshit

You kidding me? The xbone controller dpad sucks

>much better d-pad

No.

Also the build quality is far inferior to the 360 controller.

I have a 360 controller and while it just werks, it sucks compared to the PS4 controller. Infinitely more comfortable, way better dpad and bettwe buttons and triggers.

360 has a shit D-pad and the PS4 controller has shit stick durability. I'd say the 360 one simply because it's cheaper.

Stupid, Dumb, Nippon Scum

XBONE controller

Excellent ergonomics just like the X360 remote
Good button placement
Better joysticks and triggers

The X360 controller will do the same job thigh so it's about whatever's cheaper really

Clicky mechanical D-Pad > Rubber membrane shit D-Pad

>I've read reviews that the xbox one controller isn't better than the 360 so I'm better of buying the cheaper one.
It really depends on your hands. I find the Xbox One controller to be a lot more comfortable than the 360 controller is.
Go try them out, decide based on which one feels better in your hands.

Did they fix the triggers?
When I tried it two years ago they were total shit

The xbox one controller is way better than the 360's. As long as you pick one up that has the audio jack (with improved bumpers) then you should have the best controller available.

Does the xbox one controller still has problems running on the PC because it is wireless?

I have a 360 + chink wireless receiver.
Works amazing.

I was never a fan of PS* controllers...

I'm thinking of getting one of those Xbox One controllers...

>I haven't used a console since 2010

faggot pic

nah, I've used the official and chink receivers, both work great.

had a 360 controller broke it because dark souls
and now i have a ds4

other than the fact that 360 controller has the worst ever d-pad, needs a dongle to work wirelessly,
and doesn't have rechargeable batteries which put it in dualshock 2 age then it is a good controller.

the ds4 is by far the comfiest controller i have used. it has bluetooth and a rechargeable battery.
also with input mapper you can turn it into a great media controller (dunno if you can do that on the 360c)

It doesn't have to be wireless, the USB connection carries both power and data.
Source: I use an official Xbox One controller for my PC with neither batteries nor wireless receiver, just a USB cable.

>rechargeable batteries
>Having to dismount the controller and solder out a battery when it's dead is "good"
>Not using a pair standard rechargeable battery you can find at nearly any shop is "bad"
No fucking thanks.

I prefer the 360 controller because comfy. I've also heard not great things about the firmware driving the PS controllers (poor deadzones, glitchy reactions ) although thats purely anecdotal, I've not tested them myself. I know that the hardware in them is almost identical (thumbsticks in all of them are made by Alps for example) so no great difference in componant quality despite what fans of either might claim. I have noticed the PS abs plastic tends to be a little more brittle.

Source - i build custom controllers for flight sim games and use salvaged parts from any and all sources, including mashing PS and MS parts together and making them work as a new device.

Holy fucking shit

Holy fucking shit

I got the DS4 because I tend to use emulators a lot on my PC and it has a much better D-pad in a more prominent location. If that doesn't appeal to you, get an Xbone controller. Don't get a 360 controller in 2016 unless your budget isn't high enough for the others. The Xbone's analog sticks and D-pad are better (the D-pad is much better.)

Don't get a chinkshit or knockoff controller unless you know what you're doing. Game controllers are expensive to design and produce. Like the consoles, first party game controllers are sold at a loss and essentially subsidized by the console gaming industry. The manufacturers know that a fair amount of the console's reputation is riding on the controller and they have a lot of money to throw at R&D. Not only are knockoff controllers cheaper, they don't have that incentive, they don't have the same kind of R&D budget and they don't have an entire industry behind them. Even manufacturers who's entire job is to make peripherals for gamers make known shit controllers (Razer.) Some of Logitech's controllers are good, but they're not as good as the X360 at the same price point.

I think more software is pre-configured for xbox controllers.

Are there Windows 10 or Linux drivers for Duke?

The PS4 controller is fucking flawless, the only issue I've had with it is the rubber on the right analog stick is like torn from the circular movements of my thumb, there's a little hole in it and it'll probably get worse. I love the layout of the Playstation controllers and the PS4's grip is probably the best one I've ever used, except maybe for the WiiU Pro Controller (but the WiiU Pro is fucking garbage in all other respects).

The only other problem I've had is unrelated to the PS4 controller itself and more of a general problem I have with ALL controllers, and that is when I generate a static field on myself and forget to discharge on something and walk near the cable, the fucking controller disconnects (shitty cable with poor shielding? I always thought cable shielding was a meme, but I'm actually having problems where the thing is constantly disconnecting when I get out of my chair and step over the cable).

The shitastic rubber is a known issue (though sony claimed they fixed it). It is why you can buy replacement caps for the analog sticks.

DS4Windows will make the DS4 pretend to be a X360 controller. Both controllers have the same inputs, except the position of the D-pad and left analog stick is swapped, so a configuration that works for an X360 controller will work for a DS4.

>xbox 360 controller
get on my level pleb.

they fixed the bumpers being to stiff last year, but there's nothing wrong with the triggers

Huh, I never even knew they made little silicon covers for the sticks. That's actually brilliant, I might have to try that. I don't really want to open the controller up and remove all the circuitry to get at the sticks and replace them. I don't see why they have to build the controller that way in the first place. It should be built in a way that makes it easy to pop the front panel off and replace the sticks.

The 360 controllers were the first standard wireless controllers with rechargeable batteries.
The DS3 didn't have soldered batteries, but one using a small plug.

Sony just cheaped out on the rubber coating this time - the previous dualshock controllers were much more durable.

You should look into the various 3rd party parts for the DS4, there is quite the selection (amazon is probably the best place to start).

>all these micro$hills ITT

kill youreshelves holy shit

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the d-pads on the 360 controller are garbage, if you plan on using it. The xbone controller has a much better one. PS3/4 d-pad is the best, but I prefer the xbone triggers

The 360 one just werks
But the ps4 controller is nice and comfy

Go back to Sup Forums, please.

Xbone controller is the best thing that ever came out of Microsoft, and the best controller ever made IMO. Ever better than the 360 for everything except the shoulder buttons. And the Xbone Elite is LITERALLY the best controller you can buy, if money is no object.

Normally I would agree with you, but controllers are the one thing MS has really done right (probably by dumb luck, but still).

360 is shit

PS3 > PS4

Get a nice Sixaxis or Dualshock and use the SCP Toolkit (Stay away from Motionjoy! It's malware.).

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

Works great.

Sony always wins baby

>sony claimed they fixed it

I don't know if they did, or if it's just because I treat all of my controllers like a delicate flower, but the DS4 I bought in December 2014 still has flawless rubber.

It's got this ugly white discoloring around the edges, though.

I got an xbone controller it's so much better than a 360 controller and its supported by Windows 10 would recommend

LOO POO

The best d-pad I've ever handled is the one on the Vita. It makes the DS4 d-pad feel like mushy shit.

Seriously I could masturbate to the sensation of pressing it in. And that clicking sound. unf

I'm white nice try pajeet

No the 360 clicky shit is garbage for platform fighting games, you want the membrane.

I used to think the DS3 was great, but the DS4's grip is so much better, I simply can't go back; it actually hurts my hands now that I'm used to the DS4 grip.

>tfw Amerilards just play fucking phone games all day and this console isn't getting any games as a result
Fucking normalfags.

SCPH-1010 or 1080 with adapter.

Sony hasn't had good games on a console since the original Playstation.

Mouse and Keyboard

I wish we could actually use the hardware for emulators and shit without subscribing to wololo's faggot ass mailing list and entering a key into the exploit EVERY DAY to keep it working. Probably the main reason I regret buying my Vita is that no one is bothering to work on it. The 3DS is cracked wide open but it's really not as nice of a system as the Vita. I got my A9LH on it and everything, but I'd still prefer to use my Vita as my mobile gaming machine if I could. As it stands, the only games I own for it are Tales of Hearts and Ys IV. What a sad system.

>since the original Playstation
Careful tripfaggot, your shit taste is showing.

I've never seen such a hot opinion before, even most of the people with a burning hatred of Sony will admit that the PS2 was pretty good.

Oh yeah, every adapter i've tested, have worked with the generic in-kernel joystick driver.

>Ratchet and Clank
>not good

Fuck off m8

Seriously though, I got that Xiaomi pad, a DS4, and Xbox Elite Controller. Ended up using the Xiaomi the most for DS3. Combines the best parts of the DS4 and Xbone controller.

I'd say PS4, but that's personal.
I got a DualShock 3 for my PS ages ago, after trying it with friends PS3, latter I also got myself s 360 and PS3, but I still find the DS3 controller much more comfortable.

I was one of the unfortunate fuckers that had a PS2 on release day.

The ONLY RPG available at launch was total garbage, I don't remember what it was called but I played it for about 20 minutes and then sold the entire system and bought a Dreamcast.

I never had a xbox so I'm using PS4 controller
the led is fucking useless imo but well it just werks

take M$ dick from your mouth, clearly PS controllers are always better, unless you're downs

>Tales of Hearts

Good man.

I like the PS4 "feel" better but the third party software hacked for it is kind of shit. Not every game works and it cuts out suddenly quite a bit.

I'd get the XBox 360 one just because it works correctly and isn't terrible.

And you haven't thought to check back in on the library in the 15 years since?

Aside from Ryƫ ga Gotoku, what else does that POS have worth playing?
They only ported the worst non-Sony-exclusive Biohazard to the system. No wait, Code Veronica received port as well. Thats three games worth playing.

>Ratchet..
3D fucking platformers, you gotta be kidding me. Anyone advocating 3D platformer doesnt know a good game when they see one.

Got burned by Sony too many times to give them any more money.

PSP with Memory DUO and that UMD shit was the last straw, it should have used MiniDisc but the only reason they even make these formats is to fuck consumers and force licensing deals.

All Sony did for years was shill DRM infested garbage and try to force everyone to license their shitty tech.

And i mean, original Playstation have huge library of great games, even when compared to PC Engine or Famicom. But Play-fucking-station 2? Original dual analog and dualshock were massive mistakes as well, but the DS2 takes the cake with the horrible, mushy analog buttons. Its unusable controller, just like DS3 (which have identical analog buttons).

PS2 was an amazing system, but most of the best shit came later in its lifetime. I don't give a fuck who made it, as long as the games are good. I ended up getting a PS2 slim from someone as a gift but later sold it and bought a fat on ebay so I could use OpenPS2Loader with the hard drive/network adapter.

Ar Tonelico 1 & 2
Breath of Fire 5
Devil May Cry series (hey, it USED to be good!)
God of War 1 & 2
Dragon Quest 8
Disgaea, plus all of Nippon Ichi's other shit
God Hand
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Odin Sphere
Suikoden 3-5 (to be fair I only played 3, I have no idea if the others are any good)
Ys-Ark of Napishtim
Wild Arms remake, Wild Arms 3-5
Xenosaga series
Dot Hack series
Valkyrie Profile 2 (not as good as 1, but still a good game)

There's probably more I'm forgetting.

Don't mean to sound elitest but if you were a bit older and had played many Playstation RPGS you would know what we mean when we call PS2 games shit.

That is nothing but generic jrpg's (of which most i have unfortunately played) and beat-em-ups, you call those games worth playing? There is not a single system seller there.

>PS2 was an amazing system
Kiddos have low standards, that is a known fact. Are you one?

The Silent Hills, the Fatal Frames, Siren, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, all of Megaten, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Ace Combat, Armored Core, Okami, everything else that guy listed.

Consider that in the UK gran turismo 3 was a release title.

Please faggot, I'm almost 30 years old now, I was there for the SNES era. Just because they're better doesn't make the PS2 era shit. Yeah, SNES and PS1 RPGs will forever be king, that's not even up for debate. But the PS2 era was certainly not shit.

Xbox One honestly. I have the Xbox One Elite controller and holy shit do I love it.

I would have bought the PS2 just for Shadow of the Colossus, had I not already owned it when the game came out.

Except for the original Silent Hill, rest of the series have nothing to offer.

>Yeah, SNES and PS1 RPGs will forever be king, that's not even up for debate.
You dont know what the fuck you're talking about. If we talk console jrpg's, even Madara on Famicom is better than any SFC or PSX jrpg title. But jrpg's are nothing but shit, i've yet to see a good one that can match western rpg'n in any area. Show me a jrpg that has anything on Ultima 4-6 or Torment for example.

I have the Speedlink Torid

PS4 controller has a usable d-pad and actually works well for both 2D and 3D games.
360 controller has one of the worst d-pads ever put on a post-Nintendo console.

Sup Forums, witness this. Just read this comment. Think of the many years of Sup Forums culture has been put into this.

the pinnacle of Sup Forums posting.

I am in awe of what we have created.

If we're going to go all the way back to NES, most of the best games weren't even RPGs at all, it was games like Megaman, Kirby's Adventure, Zelda, etc. Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were fine in their day, but I prefer to play the newer remakes where possible. I didn't really get into DQ until the GBC era remakes, and my first FF game was FF4 on SNES, so I might be a bit biased here. I remember FF3 being amazing on NES though. There was Crystalis, which was fun, but the translation was garbage from what I remember.

Oh, and Tetris. Absolutely fucking Tetris.

xbox 360 is way more comfy and cheaper to replace

and if you play racing games the xbox 360 trigger buttons have the perfect amount of resistance for throttle and brake contro compared to the xbox one, and are waaaay more comfy than ps3/4 triggers

but I'll agree the d pad is ass

>Except for the original Silent Hill, rest of the series have nothing to offer.

SH2 & 3 are both just as good as the first. What is your issue with them?

>Dark Cloud 1/2 not listed
Brah.
>Xenosaga series
Literally should have been 6 games. People hated 2, but 2 was pretty fun and the music was good.

>Don't get a chinkshit or knockoff controller unless you know what you're doing.

Oh really these reviews say otherwise:
youtube.com/watch?v=9m4FVQKZTNY
youtube.com/watch?v=o2UlYvRJl80
youtube.com/watch?v=scVxELMF9Ts

If you are on a budget a fake xbox 360 controller for $15 is a good option. They probably even last the same time the only difference is that it has no Microsoft logo.