Why do people build big...

Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell ? I want a pc that isn't even visible, not noticeable. Something that gives the "i press this button on the monitor and it just werks" kind of vibe. Does Sup Forums have anything similar? A pc that is built inside a wall or desk or something?

I know just the place for you
Google.com

No thanks. Cloud is not a solution. I need local raw processing power. Them lolis ain't rendering themselves.

iMac

buy a laptop you autist

Man, this gay "i want a HIDN COMPOOTR" thread template is never gonna go away now, is it?

That is the most beautiful reptile I've ever seen. Species?

it's not real

Angry Puffed Up Snake

Just get a nice case OP

Not all cases have windows and LED lights all over, pic related

Yeah, it's easy. Just don't buy parts with lights in them.

If parts that you want only come with lights in, replace the lit componant - 99% of the time that means change out the fans.

Hells I'm easily classed as a gaymer and hate all the light-up shit. Since I've had my case since before the light meme and am comfy with a soldering iron my case is nice and dark except for simple power and hdd leds.

>built inside a wall or desk or something?

I know a guy who had a blade server in his ceiling.
But it was everything but stealthy: sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Personally use a very big case, with very quiet slow moving fans and low rpm hard drives.

Atheris hispida, but its colours might be photoshopped.

Its for plebs. Basically the virgin of the computer world

original pic

its called an apple macintosh

I have a thinkpad in a dock on a smaller table under my table.

( I'll tell you a secret, you can just get a laptop, but don't tell all the artists here because their autism won't have it)

> A pc that is built inside a wall
Why not. Set it up, use a foam rubber and a drywall to make it silent and invisible.

>Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell?

Because some people wish to remain virgins.

basic : don't buy case with that stuff

moderate : get nice expensive case or better yet build it yourself

best : remodel house to fit around computer, preferably put in different room

perfection : build new house as computer [don't need a heater in the house]

just make sure it can stay cool, seen too many people box in their stuff to be quiet and look nice only to find it overheating constantly.

A laptop is not a workstation

Then what is this?

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE'S TASTES ARE SUBJECTIVE

A niggerstation.

How is it a laptop if it's not portable?

>Why do people build big, bulky desktops that make a lot of noise have flashy colours and lights and are overall distracting as hell ?
It's almost as if opinions are a thing. Out of the billions of people on the planet some may actually prefer different things.

Weird isn't it?

>what is this?
Definitely not a laptop.

It is clearly portable, just not on your lap. You're right for the wrong reason and, being us on Sup Forums, I will have to question your manliness for that mistake.

faggot

It is classified as a potable computer, specifically a portable workstation because it is potable and has the full spec of a high end workstation, with many standard parts not less.

In fact this particular unit beats some as it supports 1 TB of RAM, which is more than most stationery desktop workstations.

You just can't see the handle from that picture, but is not hard to carry around as it weighs a mere 57lb.

Some people buy flashy muscle cars, others buy cheap and tiny urban vehicles.
When I first built my first computer, it gave me a sense of parenthood and pride. I can see why other people might be tempted by this feeling to make their computer as shiny and as flashy as possible. Some might want to impress their peers.
I'm not one of them. My computer has about the cheapest case I could find, and only in a recent upgrade its components started beaming, much to my displeasure. Shit's lighting up my room when I try to sleep.

Not this?