Buying a laptop and not getting an x220

>buying a laptop and not getting an x220
do people really do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-ThinkPads/wiki/X200-X201-Hardware-Flashing-with-Raspeberry-Pi
dictionary.com/browse/an
amazon.com/Thinkpad-Lenovo-4299GC3-i7-2640M-FingerReader/dp/B005AJYZE8
amazon.com/dp/B01E8FRWXK/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yea, I got a MacBook Pro.

I think you're on the wrong subreddit, buddy.

>starting at $979.00
>no quad core cpu option
>8gb max 1333Mhz DDR3
>only one usb 3.0 port
>1366x768
wew lad

I'm going blind and really need the 15" screen

>some people are not poor
>some people don't need a daily circlejerk to not be ashamed of their shitmachines

Yup. Got a T60, and it's pretty great. Way cheaper, too. $99 for two of them, one of which I can sell to get a fair bit of my money back. :^)

>$979
>not fucking $200 on ebay or craigslist, fleamarket, used computer store, etc
>being this much of an assmatress
wew lad

...That being said, w520 is a much better option for all around performance. That's why I'm w520 + x61t masterrace.

But I have an x200 on which I installed Libreboot and Trisquel.

I have a few t60s I got for $10 from my univeristy's surplus store. I also got my x200 there for $35, a few mechanical keyboards for $10 each, along with a lot of other fun and cheap things.

This
Get a life OP.

Yet you browse a closed source imageboard.

>buying a laptop and not getting a desktop
do people really do this?

>x200
>that IBM badge

Huh. Really should libreboot my spare x200 already.

I also play nonfree games and run a nonfree OS (Windows 7) in a GPU passthough. I keep my use of nonfree software low, and whenever there is a good replacement I will use it. Installing Libreboot was a fun project, and I like the lack of backdoors (Intel ME).

I got some IBM stickers that I think were made for the x60 on ebay, because IBMs logo looks much nicer than Lenovo's. They were cheap too. If you are looking into installing Libreboot, this is a good guide:

github.com/bibanon/Coreboot-ThinkPads/wiki/X200-X201-Hardware-Flashing-with-Raspeberry-Pi

Yeah, got an XPS 15 Developer Edition for free.

Are you angry?

Some people don't like to get blind.

I am not ever getting a used laptop never

>an x220
Shitposting on Sup Forums and don't even know basic english

is this your family?

>TN panel
>2016

most people aren't cheeto eating virgin fat losers, user

Using 'an' before a vowel sound is correct.

School required that I buy one of their laptops pre-installed with all the necessary software for my courses.

You're embarrassing yourself, friend.
dictionary.com/browse/an

>School required that I buy one of their laptops

Yeah, gave it a shot before but wasn't able to get it done. After I'm done with this quarter's classes I'll give it another shot.

I see no reason to choose it over my Latitude XT2.

>TN panel
>1366x768
>3 hours battery life
no thanks

>an ex two twenty
I fail to see the issue.

That is correct usage though.

You don't say "an unicorn", do you?

i got a free latitude e6410

Damn dad, I can't believe you still run that dinosaur laptop. Proud of you

this

If you havent moved on to atleast a 1080 ips in 2016 you are seriously missing out.

Pic related: its a tn panel vs an ips

Oh shit, my bad. It is kinda embarrassing

X220 is IPS

Niggggaaaaaaa

*bullies*

I'm twenty, just bought this last year. I don't see why the laptop's age would matter, I could still dd my 10 year old PowerBook G4 without issue.

Really want an X220, but the missus won't let me go above £75.

Don't get married kids, fucking seriously, sacrificing your dreams for bullshit. Biggest mistake I made.

I own a T420, I didn't fuck up too badly did I?

:^)

I miss my PowerBook G4. 1.42 with 1GB of RAM, that shit lasted me until 2013.

It still has the good keyboard. What OS do you use?

I got a w530 maxed out and I'm replacing the hdd with a Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, is that okay?

I've got the 12" 1.5GHz model with 1.25GB RAM, best laptop ever. One of these days I'm upgrading the screen and installing RAID0 SSDs

Why and how?

just kill her and use the insurance money to buy one

Sup Forumstards buying obsolete shitpads with rotten tn-panels and 1995 era resolution. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is satire right?

agreed tbhfam

jesus you let your wife dictate your finances? What kind of fucked up relationship did you get yourself into? I mean I understand not spending money if you don't have it. but 75 Euro bucks is like what, $100 Burgerbucks? Do you have like 7 kids you're paying for?

I'm wanting a new laptop and been looking at the x220, the battery life is making me not want to buy one. When will the next x2xx generation start being dumped on ebay?

>What are you going to do with the old laptop.
>Don't you think that could be better spent towards the extension?
>You don't *need* it, do you.

And I just missed out on a £60 one on ebay last week. Was fucking gutted about that.

I own a T420 with 1600x900 screen and thought it was great. Until I got my hands on a brand new Toshiba Chromebook 2 with 13.3" 1080p IPS screen. Now it is impossible to go back unless out of absolute necessity.

lmao what a cuck!!

which one is that on the right

>T60
It's literally trash for anything else than text editing
I have one

Top kek m8

>starting at $979
amazon.com/Thinkpad-Lenovo-4299GC3-i7-2640M-FingerReader/dp/B005AJYZE8

o rly

>he fell for the ThinkPad meme
>girlslaughing.png

TOPKEK

just file a divorce mate and claim you're a trans-gender queer fag "man" who got beaten up by "his" wife

I'm not cripplingly poor and don't appreciate old cumstains on my laptop, so I bought a fresh X250.

Windows 10.
Used Ubuntu for awhile. Didn't like it after a few months so I Just went back to windows. Didn't suite me, but I could see why other people like it. You have a lot more control... I just did not need that control from my laptop.

some people leave their cave

>He does not have both
Wow famalam, Just get a powerful desktop and a decent laptop.
Unless you don't need it. I like to vidya, but I like to do modding when on the train to work and shit that is not feasible on a smartphone. Not everybody needs both tbf but many people find invaluable use in owning both.

We don't conduct our computing on an internet imageboard. Open source or closed source has no bearing on anything if we don't use it to conduct our computing.

gotta agree with its aids for anything but MS Office. I have a T61p (graphic chip didn't die somehow) and its shit battery life and dim screen make it unusable for mobility, it pretty much site on a desk collecting dust at this point. I do love my x230 tho

I feel sad for you, if your wife doesn't respect you or what you want. Basically what said.

>using laptops made in the last 20 years

>buying a laptop and not getting an x220
>there's are reasons for that
>it's too fucking small
>there are better options available that aren't so fucking small
>ThinkPads are nice machines, truly, but they're not all that and the x220 is too fucking small

I could go on but I'm sure you can sense the pattern developing, right? Right?

Some people want their laptops to be functional.

my x220 gets really hot and shuts itself off

probably needs thermal paste

>laptop
>being too small

nigga must be carrying a 17 incher gaming laptop.

fuck off.

>Not carrying around the comfy size of 14"
There is some practicality in a decent sized screen senpai~desu.

>12" laptop
>too small
user please, 12" is perfect, 13" is acceptable, anything larger shouldn't exist.

amazon.com/dp/B01E8FRWXK/

should i do it?

Portable does not mean small user. Just means it is self contained and can be carried around and used without any connections. I don't need a 17" laptop and I don't know anybody who would need them, but some people want them. Just let those people have their fun. Let them enjoyed their wasted money that could have been spent on a much cheaper laptop that could suite their normal fag needs.

>amazon.com/dp/B01E8FRWXK/
>$300
I spent something near the europoor equivalent one, but you live in america, they go much cheaper there like all other tech.
Pretty sure you can save your money and just buy a second hand one for much cheaper and just refurbish it yourself.

>Portable does not mean small user.
You're right, but size is one of the greatest factors of portability.

>having portable devices
>not having your clients and pizza come to you
>not having the world revove around you because you're a magnificient neckbeard
wow I am disgusted to be amongst you

Get a w530

That has a IPS panel and 8 hours battery life as base, you can squeeze around 20 with a Ultrabay and a slice battery

>just stick a giant tumor on the back and it'll be fine!

>looks like something for the nostromo
>probably $4500 when it was new
>that gas plasma display

>got an x250 for 300$ A-grade
>learn2ebay

>buying used hardware

>finding an X201T from corporate reseller
>looks mint, i5, 8gb, bluetooth, touchscreen, IPS
>switch it on
>7 hours battery life - full green - no cycles
>$89 shipped

wow, I'm such an idiot

i should have paid much more so you can feel better about not having missed out

>Not having a macbook and a memepad
It's like you don't even into heterosexuality, fag.

Where user?

Shitposting aside that is fucking sexy

Ips
Tn(left) vs ips(right)
There's a reason it was put in that order.

I would consider battery life a bigger factor. But, it is all up to personal needs. Some people might demand a form factor while others demand longevity, some people just want a desktop away from home.

who the fuck cares -- it works fine for school, and it can digitize visio -- im not using it to play gaymes

ebay - had to rummage around for two weeks

good shit:
>IPS panel with god tier backlight
>last decent laptop with a decent keyboard
>i5/i7 models have competitive performance with haslel laptops 2-3x the price
>bluetooth, fingerprint, 802.11agn 2.4/5GHz capable card, USB 3.0, trackpoint
>great touchpad
>mid of the line linux support
>9-10hr battery life with 9-cell
>mPCIe slot for ecard eGPUs or mSATA SSD or 3G modem
>passable 720p cam and good quality mic with a "torch"

There are some downsides though, I don't think it's that durable in comparison to the newer laptops, the thermals are garbage (much more enunciated on Windows for some reason, typically stays under 80C without throttling), iGPU is also pretty poor, and fans are pretty loud. Native Linux support for the volume buttons and FN keys are still fucked as well as the Ricoh card reader. If you really care, the speaker is a POS too, and a line splitter is needed for external mic connection. Obviously, it's also heavier than similarly sized laptops, but the majority of the weight is the battery slice.

I fear though that this may be the last generation of good refurbed laptops that will be affordable.

>i could still did

>I can't read

x201 here. Love this wee thing. I would love to Libreboot some day.

Just switched from X220 to W530.

I miss the keyboard. I miss the keyboard so much.