Hi fags

Hi fags,

As a member and a dumb fucking cunt faggot that i am i made a mistake building my pc.

Bought this mobo: Asrock Z170 gaming k4/d3.
Bought this ram: F3-2400C10D-16GTX (a gskill 2400mhz 16gb DUAL CHANNEL ram)

problem is, that im a faggot, and i didnt notice the "Q" (=quad) in F3-2400C10D-16GTX in mobo's ram supported list and bought the "D" (=dual) one instead.

System actually fully booting/running, but the thing is that my ram stucks at 1333Mhz.

Tried using the XMP profiles but nothing. It just wont work.

BIOS is at the latest version.

Can i get this to work @ 2400Mhz?

Thanks fags

bump

Try manually setting the clock in the BIOS instead of loading the XMP profile.

If that doesn't work then RMA it.

P.S. You're a fucking idiot.

did that as well (i think), didnt work.
how can i rma it and get the q one? dont think that will accept that..
im such a fucking fuckfaced fuck, i know

OP, I've been building PCs for about 14 years and I've never even come close to seeing a fuck up as big as this.

You are going to have to do the unthinkable: set the timings by hand. I'm so sorry

It's not the Q or the D that's the problem you fucking idiot. You have a dual channel motherboard and have dual channel ram.

Either your memory is failing to take the XMP profile and you'll need to return the memory sticks, or your mobo can't handle that speed, or the more likely thing is that you're just a complete fucking loser who doesn't know how to set his ram timings.

You should just return the whole thing and buy an alienware or a macbook you dumb, inept, piece of shit.

im such a fucktard, i know i know
how can i not set my ram timings. the system is supposed to get the highest not overcloded frequencies from the ram once sticks are installed. how is this my fuckup, i mean, why would i have to set any timings in the first place?

ram failing to take the xmp profiles i guess is kind of possible. mobo can handle the speed, according to specs.

if nothing else works ill try checking them again for the millionth time i guess

any other ideas it gurus?

bump

Are you retarded or some shit? Z170 uses dual channel memory. 2400mhz would show 1200mhz in some programs because that's the actual speed it would be running at.

>why would i have to set any timings in the first place?
Because you bought the wrong fucking RAM you retard.

what the actual fuck. youre even worse than me
just tried, it wont work, i hope im doing something wrong. any advice?

>Are you retarded or some shit? Z170 uses dual channel memory. 2400mhz would show 1200mhz in some programs because that's the actual speed it would be running at.

You are right, but for the wrong reason.
It reads at half because ram is DOUBLE DATA RATE, aka DDR. Dual channel is not referencing RAM speeds at all but the literal channels which is dictated by cpu/mobo

bump

>any advice?

Yeah, return everything or end yourself. If you're too stupid to set your own timings you should've just stuck with an h-series motherboard.

Also why the fuck are you using ddr3 in a Z170 mobo.

Everything about this build is fucking stupid, you're fucking stupid for going through with it, and you're also fucking stupid for not knowing how to set your own timings regardless of xmp profiles.

yo i tried everything. i even opened up the case and tried up some different patterns, got some news.

seems like ive been setting up the latencies correctly.

i got that from being able to run at 2400 with a swingle ram stick at 8gb. single ramsticks run at 2400 on b1 or b2. a1 and a2 dont give 2400 not even with single sticks.

any advice now?

Jesus fucking christ, please be bait

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD nope..
also this is true

halp?

Jesus christ... Go to your BIOS, go to advanced memory settings, turn on XMP, set your speed to the advertised level, everything else to auto

does. not. work.
have you read what ive been saying all this time now?

also it seems like a1 a2 wont catch 2400.

just return the ram most places will let u exchange it or w.e

where did u buy it form

The hell you think you're a member of?

Contribute and stop asking questions

when the FUCK are fucking newfags going to learn to use PCPARTPICKER.COM

IT'S SO FUCKING SIMPLE

you LITERALLY can NOT build a pc with incompatible parts

PCPP doesn't even check motherboard certified RAM compatibility lists, so our friendly neighborhood OP could make the same mistake. Of course, if he wasn't totally retarded he could fix this mistake but that's not the point.