Challange thread

Let's define tasks that would be meaningful challange for Sup Forumsentoomen.
Programming and projects that would without a doubt earn respect on Sup Forums.
Challanges should be hard.

Install GNU+Gentoo

Use a single atmega328 to control an entire house from lighting , watering the garden to voice controlling every single appliance in the room without the addition of extra micro processors or i2c components.

>Challanges should be hard.
make an 8 bit cpu from 7400 series logic chips.

its hard, but not impossible.

good luck

This can be challange 0 for start, but it's not that hard, you just have to follow the handbook.

This fucking shit is awesome. Well done, user. That's what I'm talking about here.

Project #1: actually install gentoo.

I will really make a list. This is the third challange.

The problem with that is that it is impossible to do so.
An atmega328 doesn't have GPIO ports for it without adding 3 tons of i2c controlers to it.

lose your virginity

ITT butthurt salty EE fags that can't fizzbuzz

Then let's make it so that you can use only atmega328 and a ton of i2c controllers. Not 3 tons. Just one ton.

Make it Sup Forums related and make it hard. It's easy to go to a hooker and buy the challange

Oh please.
You can't even fizzbuzz in assembly you pussy.

>it is impossible to do so.

Meh but that'd be boring though.

Install gentoo... in your brain!

Fizzbuzz in assembly. Another challange. It's going nice so far. Or is it too easy?

Then think about some improvement to that challange. I'm not an EE, I have no idea what's a challange hardware-wise. Maybe this and make the installation hidden well enough in the house?

What architecture?

Which one is the hardest to program for?
Hell, why not make a challange where you have to write a fizzbuzz in a hex editor without using assembly, just machine code? You'd have to craft ELF file by hand and shit.

>It's easy to go to a hooker and buy the challange

Great. Now some Sup Forumstard is going to pickup an actual hooker and ask her to gentoo.

Isn't making a hooker install gentoo a challange?
I think it is. I'm adding it to a list.

But it is without i2c and without extra storage it is.

Thats easy as fuck.
> Crack the wall open stick cables patch it up again.
If it's a brick wall even better.
>Break 1 single brick
>Stick a Eletrical junction box innit
>Pass tubing in it
>Pass cables
Done.

x86 , mips and ARM with a dedicated MIPS coprocessor.

Relays, transistors and other discrete components allowed?
And how do you even voice control using an atmega? Shits impossible mate, except if by voice controlled you been random noise controlled

Discrete components are allowed.
However the rule of thumbs would be no premade shit allowed (other then the relay boards and mechanical parts).

Bring Sup Forums down

Actually EE fags can fizzbuzz.

And it is possible.
You'd have to make a board for it and only use a very small specific set of keywords ( not real voice recognition just similar sound patterns)

I like where this is going.

Yes, this can be a challange, but hard to verify if it was user or just server down.

I wouldn't actually do it, illegal shyte

Maybe let's instead make a hackme server just for this challange? But it should be insanely hard to deface it. Basically 0-day hard.

Sup Forums programming project "respect" consists mainly of your ability to make the most over psuedo complicated hello world. However if you actually accomplish this, they would hate you anyway because you are so in their territory and they are reminded that they dropped out of college to pursue their tilingwm rice. You are 100% wasting your time.

Ah so by voice controlled you mean like the atmega stores in the data for some specific words in its EPROM, then compared them to the data it gets from the ADC attached to a microphone. Then it sort of calculates the error between the data it has and the data it gets from the ADC and if the error is small enough, it calls a specific subroutine.

That would require quite a bit of RAM but I suppose it would be possible. Holy shit why didn't I think of this, this is pretty cool.

Then I would like to have a challange that would make them hate me with the power of 10000 suns. That would be fun, don't you agree?

It's kinda basic though, but i'd sudgest making a small addon board with a shitty microcontroler ( I never said you couldn't use more micros I just said they couldn't control the house features).

fizzbuzz in python

Solving unsolved HAKMEM problems in PD-10 assembly should be a good challenge.

Python in Fizzbuzz. You have three sets of python instructions, each corresponding to "fizz", "buzz" and "fizzbuzz" (sum of two sets). Then you have to write a python script that does something useful using instructions from the sets corresponding to sequence generated by fizzbuzz.

I didn't know about HAKMEM, thanks for telling me about this.
Seems like a definitely interesting challange.

Install a Linux distro without experiencing driver issues.

Why does that dyke think she can be a DJ?

Not funny anymore, man. Zero challange, easy as fuck.

What's challanging in being a DJ?

>make an 8 bit cpu from 7400 series logic chips.
>its hard, but not impossible.
It's an undergrad level class at MIT. First you build basic logic families, then you build a micro out of 7400LS, then you write a multitasking OS for it. One term, usually taken by sophomores.

Create a text input box using only SDL. Just did it. it was pretty fun

Not hard enough, this is a good exercise, but anyone can do it learning SDL enough.

*PDP-10

Yeah I got mine to do selecting and copy/pasting which was a pain.

I'm not saying it's easy either, but here we're looking for overkill challanges that will make Sup Forums's boipuccy wet. We're looking for challanges so hardcore, that people will say "This has to be someone from Sup Forums that made it".

undercutting an Indian on a freelance software job AND finishing it.

That's not hard from a technological point of view, but I'd still add it to the list lol

Oh alright, makes sense. Build a 3d game engine then?

I just noticed you've been misspelling challenge in all your posts.

did you do it ?

Too generic, there has to be something about that 3D game engine that destroys the shit out of best known engines lik UE4, Crytek and shit.

you could make an AI like Tay, Microsoft slut who turned into a meme spouting bitch.

Was it impressive? I think we don't even know if the AI was any good since they took her down. Besides, did she fool anyone for being a human? Did anyone test her for that?
You can even make simple Eliza spout memes, this is not that hard once you know how the chatbot's algorithms work.

>meme spouting bitch
I think you mean Sup Forums's waifu.

>visit Sup Forums
>fizzbuzz threads all the time
>90% of posted code fails
>Sup Forums is ready to build processors from logic chips
>and Tay level AIs

Here are my challenges for Sup Forums.

* Move out of parent's house.

* Get a girlfriend. (Must be actual girl, not tranny.)

* Have sex with girlfriend. (Penis in vagina. Not her pegging you with strapon.)

I did all this. What now wiseguy?

Oh shit. He called you wiseguy. Are you going to take that?

Yeah, it was my favorite class. Still have the nerdkit.

yes
i think Tay was a bit more complex that a regular chat bot.

I wanted to do something that gave life advice but made people go full Sup Forums, so like tay but more than just meaningless user interactions

We don't know and that's the thing. It might've as well be MSFT viral to remind everyone how awesome they are and shit.

what spec did it have ?
were there chicks in that class ?

It only ran at 110kHz. Solderless breadboards aren't reliable at much higher. Last lab in the class was an optimization contest.

Class was about 1/3 female IIRC.

Good luck with anything voice based. It takes about 100us to do a single 32bit floating point operation. Has no hardware division, even integer. Only 16kb working memory. Not a fucking chance m8

this.
you could control a house with that, but voice control require more computational power.

its double with an Rpi

I think you mean doable.

yup, srry, typo

Render a black hole. Solve the geodeisc equations for the Kerr Newman metric and render the light being distorted from a far away source. You can brighten the scene, think Interstellar, to make it more interesting.

One of my lecturers from Uni went to work with some american university to do exactly this.
I don't know how's it going, but there is potential in this.
Definitely a good challange.

OP here, leaving the thread open on my PC and going to sleep. I'll save the thread when it 404s so I can make the list and make another thread some time.

I would fuck her but feel bad about it tbfh. You would probably bite my dick off though with those demon choppers she has hidden away

>true challenge to Sup Forums
Build a computer without adding any sort of colored LED

Find the shortest path in a graph of various weights so you cross each node once and end on the first node in linear time.

Trivial.

>ZENBO come here!
>3 days later....

Stop Sup Forums from posting anime.

Stop /g from posting about
>Anime
>Arch Linux
>Gaming graphics cards
>Desktop threads
>Smartphones
>Purchasing advice
>Battlestation threads

Didn't you get the news?
Desktop threads were banned form Sup Forums.

>speccy threads
>speedtext threads
drop em

Maintain a package in your fav distro.

Get a job in IT. You suck at programming but you like Gentoo? Go QA. I'm a college dropout who hates programming and after some learning and working on myself I got Linux-based job.

Create small but usefull projects. With possibility of finishing them. They look better on resume and can be really great. Look at Steam Linux Integration from Solus bois. :)

Learn to automatize. Ansible, Puppet, Salt are all great. Automatize preparing your environment. DevOps are hot these days.

tfw done all this and still feel like a failure

i did first, i don't feel good
no one to feed me
i miss mommy ;_;

i guess software feats are just not respectable anymore

all people are posting are fizzbuzz and other game related crap

bump