/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
pirateproxy.pe/search/human genome/0/99/0
libgen.io/
codecademy.com/learn/python
littleosbook.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Muh OS (as soon as I get done with summer classes)

let me just store everything at random and complain why it is random

Nothing, as school has robbed me of my passion with mundane and uninteresting assignments and I have nobody to collaborate with on any interesting project.

I lack impetus, and thus I create nothing.

>lazy
>blame school

I just got out of a decade-long depression I was sure was going to last my entire life and now I'm making insane tech $ in my early 20's

I want to help you guys because I generally like you, and I sorta feel like you're like me. At least you're better than the average Silicon Valley douchebag. What can I do to help?

You'll need some rope.

Robbed of passion != OH WELL THAT'S TOO MUCH WORK FOR ME

Go ahead and write a basic roguelike in Assembly. Oh, you don't want to have to spend the tedium doing that? Guess you must be lazy!

>ROBBED of passion
Yeah, and tax cuts are ROBBING the poor

Successfully kill me off, for I cannot do it myself.

kill me boo

I had forgotten what beauty feels like, too. It would mean the world to me if you kept on for a while longer.

Not the same guy, and I didn't mean for me, but fuck off you don't even know me

host some shit on for anons like automated windows mpc-qt unofficial builds online
github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

or some other shit like that

I love you.

can anyone write a one-liner of this function?

def function(a, b):
d = ""
for i in b:
for c in a:
if i == c[0]:
d += c[1]
return d

Hello fellow programmers, can anyone tell me where can I learn C# that you recommend? It can be video tutorials, books or web pages. Thanks in advance.

I haven't forgotten beauty, nor am I, at present, living in monochrome. I've been in much more uncomfortable and desolate states.

I'm just tired of being alive, and know there's a very high probability that I'll keep going no matter what happens. Something stopping me by force is an okay thing to happen to me at this point.

Working on Qt. The program connect to the database, show the web pages of the database. Also show times and temperature. Finally power of the TV if there is nobody in front of it during 5 minutes.

Σ[ c[1] | i

Have you tried antidepressants?

in python please

I'm working on a gui terminal customization tool for linux. one probably already exists but I didn't look that hard. Anyways right now it supports urxvt what other terminals should it support.

- Xterm
- Terminator
- Terminal
- urxvt-unicode
- Terop
- Jumax
- Leriox
- Valix22
- Bazing
- Zimbabue

Antidepressants are bad. They make you shoot up schools.

i don't know python
how about this

sum(map(lambda x: c[1], filter(lambda i: first(i) == c[0], product(b,a)))

I'm not particularly depressed. Medication isn't a lifestyle I'd like to embrace anyway.

I just eat some cocoa beans (phenylethylamine etc) or yerba mate if I need to force the ability to change my state.

Antidepressants make millions of people able to enjoy life. If they cause a couple to shoot up a school (and evidence for this plz), frankly, it's well worth it. Be selfish. You deserve it.

>i don't know python
what language do you know?
some functional programming language?

>(and evidence for this plz)

Look at the spate of shootings we've had over the past decade. Find one shooter that wasn't taking some sort of anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication.

pro-tip: impossible

several languages
mainly C++, D, F#, bit of Hasklel

If they need antidepressants, chances are they shouldn't be enjoying the life they have. In the long run they'd be better off unraveling and addressing their real issues to achieve meaningful change.

the argument that antidepressants get people back on their feet to keep going, discover, and fix their lives, doesn't hold much water. Between the side effects and how it skews perception, they don't change much of anything. I've seen it once, I've seen it ten times, and I'm going to see it again.

what are the rules for using for loops as variables in python again?

a = (b for b in c if b == d)

fuck yourself learn Java

grow up and learn an adult language

It was the only thing that worked for me. Sometimes there's no one there for you, and you don't know how to make a connection with another person without feeling this endless, sharp misery, and no idea how to find out how to do it. Antidepressants aren't a cure-all. If you don't make the right changes yourself, it won't work. In fact, it's not even a guarantee-- some drugs just don't work for some people. But it can be work it.

It might be because most psychotic people are on antipsychotics.

How the fuck do I enable irssi's new built-in sasl?
I set the shit in my config file and still it does absolutely nothing.

The python way nowadays is to use list comprehension
Look it up

you should probably look up list comprehensions to understand that and how its not "for loops"

>What can I do to help?

Help us build robot gfs.

Specs:

>Android body with height equal to mine
>Carbon fiber reinforced polymer frame with some parts, esp. joints made of aerospace-grade magnesium alloy
>Soft polymer hair, gold blonde
>Crystal blue eyes, each one contains a 15 Mpix RGB CMOS sensor with wide focus
>A fully functional mouth with teeth and 3 DOF tongue
>Fully functional hands and legs
>Art deco design
>Total weight is 50 kg of which 25 kg are li-pol accumulators
>8 hr working time, 3 hrs charge time
>Full custom OS of my design running on embedded 8 core CPU + 2560 core GPU
>Biometrically locked to my appearance and behavior
>Obeys me and protects me
>100% loyal to the point of compromising self-preservation
>fully customizable
>never ages

The worst thing is, though, if you go to the pysch and they think you're ""dangerous"" then they'll have all your guns taken away. Definitely not worth it.

MSDN?

I've been using Java for six fucking years. I'm asking required to do this in python you useless retarded pieces of shit

Slam your head against a window again and again against a window until it shatters than run your throat across the bottom of the window

calm down rajesh

>Java
grow up and learn an adult language

Is this a joke? If not, I think you have an unhealthy and irrational obsession with guns.

I'd rather help you be happy in the absence of tech which is at least a few generations away. You have a computing machine which can do billions of calculations a second-- enjoy that for now :p

If you're not using C exclusively then you'll never be a 10X rockstar guru.

You're worthless beings who contribute nothing to society. Die

>python >java
You're a worthless being who contributes nothing to society. Stop programming.

>being obsessed with guns
>unhealthy
>irrational

Yeah, no thanks, mate. I don't subscribe to communism.

Free men have an obligation to be armed at all times.

get off this board and never come back

read sicp

>What can I do to help?
Hire me for 20$/hr to do any programming work. I can handle both high-level and low-level programming and even some math. Node.JS is ok too.

The only real downside is that I'm from the other side of the globe.

you should honestly kys

everytime I come to these threads you are giving your useless opinion on programming languages

eat a dick

language elitists are cancer and need to commit suicide

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got not one but TWO children with us today!

not sure why you're telling me to leave.

thats not a for loop. its a list comprehension that creates a tuple. maybe you should just kys for rejecting an suggestion that'll help you actually understand what you're doing

oh you wanted to know it in python? let me help.

__all__ = ('NamedTemporaryFile', 'gettempdir',)

if os.name == 'nt':
class TemporaryFile(FileProxyMixin):
"""
Temporary file object constructor that supports reopening of the
temporary file in Windows.
Note that unlike tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile from the standard library,
__init__() does not support the 'delete' keyword argument in
Python 2.6+, or the 'delete', 'buffering', 'encoding', or 'newline'
keyword arguments in Python 3.0+.
"""
def __init__(self, mode='w+b', bufsize=-1, suffix='', prefix='', dir=None):
fd, name = tempfile.mkstemp(suffix=suffix, prefix=prefix, dir=dir)
self.name = name
self.file = os.fdopen(fd, mode, bufsize)
self.close_called = False

# Because close can be called during shutdown
# we need to cache os.unlink and access it
# as self.unlink only
unlink = os.unlink

def close(self):
if not self.close_called:
self.close_called = True
try:
self.file.close()
except (OSError, IOError):
pass
try:
self.unlink(self.name)
except (OSError):
pass

def __del__(self):
self.close()

def __enter__(self):
self.file.__enter__()
return self

def __exit__(self, exc, value, tb):
self.file.__exit__(exc, value, tb)

NamedTemporaryFile = TemporaryFile
else:
NamedTemporaryFile = tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile

gettempdir = tempfile.gettempdir

Is there a python package to determine the time constant from raw data of a response curve?

Most of my data looks like the bottom of pic related.

I've been there. Above I called medication a lifestyle choice, and that wording was very intentional. That's what it is, and it must be acknowledged as such.

Keep looking. And don't accept some vague notion of "chemical "imbalance"", or the idea that you're just broken or faulty from the get-go. You cannot take a mechanistic approach to describing human experience without also considering that the person themselves -is- that very machine. This renders the notion of a strictly mechanical failure not such a solid assertion.

Diet is the first thing to start with. I'd recommend a food allergy test. Histamine is a modulatory neurotransmitter, and it'll cause mood problems if it's consistently above baseline (ie your mast cells are chronically pumping it out for no good reason, your BBB becomes more permeable, and your brain can be compromised by circulating immune cells). This was part of my problem, and why I was having depressive episodes where I could barely bring myself to form a sentence, and mixed states etc.

I was being sarcastic. I'm not part of the PL-fagging, thanks.

Well, mostly -- I get involved when delusional Cmen try to claim it's the greatest language ever conceived.

All right. Well I still can't tell if you're memeing or not. Either you're autistic, i.e. you're serious, or I'm autistic, i.e. I'm catching the bait.

normal function
def function(a, b):
d = ""
for i in b:
for c in a:
if i == c[0]:
d += c[1]
return d

one liner
def function(a,b):
d = ""

d += [c[1] for i in b for c in a if i == c[0]][0]

return d

this is not working...

>You have a computing machine which can do billions of calculations a second-- enjoy that for now :p

I don't even have a titan X to run tensorflow and friends. My nvidia thermi 580 unironically fried itself ;-;

>I'd rather help you be happy in the absence of tech which is at least a few generations away.
Well, in current year we can make at list a simulated robot gf and work with that. If the simulation is good enough we'll be able to swiftly adapt it to real robot body once it becomes available.

Thanks man ill add em to the list.

you are a jackass and by your code it seems that you know fuck all about programming.

>sees someone a question about a certain programming language you don't like
>get butthurt, insult them and order them to use another language while automatically assuming they're a race you don't like
>they're the baby

I'm trying to get a web application written in python to freeze properly for El Capitan, but struggling. Might just release it windows only.

>it seems that you know fuck all about programming
>FOR LOOPS AS VARIABLES

>thinking people should be armed is an autistic position.

If that's autistic then call me Spede Pasanen.

It's all about appearances user
It's not thanks to your retarded choice in babby languages that I expect you are not an adult, but because of your cancerous posts that indicate you are at best new to Sup Forums and at worst new to life.

riffle?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Hey /dpt/ what language should I pick to start learning programming?

>Either you're autistic, i.e. you're serious

>>>/reddit/

Some faggot and another faggot are about to tell you that you should pick Java or Python

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE PEOPLE

What do you want to achieve?

Start with JavaScript. Press F12, type console.log("hello world!")

Congratulations!

>insult me for using a certain programming language
>i'm the child

PHP

a one liner

>i-it's not fair! how come he gets to insult me

free speech is for adults

pythong masterrace gets all the pussy.

yeah and maybe if they stopped acting like petulant cat ladies they might get some women too

>tfw I'd rather go back to being a child with qt child body and no responsibilities

Why aren't you working on age-reversing therapy, /dpt/ ? Here is the human genome download pirateproxy.pe/search/human genome/0/99/0 what else do you even need

Hey, no way! Me too.
Tell me more about your OS. C or ASM? How far to you want to take it?

far up your ass

>might get some women too
>Sup Forums autist projecting onto the pythong masterrace
It's just another social status, don't worry. You wouldn't understand anyway.

DNA is my favourite programming language, but it's missing a few reference manuals.

too busy masturbating.

gcc -O3 made my code slower than -O2 and in fact slower than no optimization.

>>>muh pussy
>>get btfo
>a-autism
stay classy

plz search all the sum of human knowledge here, user libgen.io/ I'm sure there are some Human Molecular Genetics manuals there

This will probably be easy enough for you

codecademy.com/learn/python

Combination of both, I've just been following along with this book and adding shit as needed (can't say it doesn't do the greatest job of explaining things sometimes).
littleosbook.github.io/
Can't say how far I'll go with it, knowing me I'll probably get bored of it and drop it in a few months

I don't want to learn trash

Tried to get into it, but it seems very poorly documented. Most codebases seem like they're just haphazardly thrown together and only happen to work well enough for a certain set of tasks. Large functions often don't ever seem to be called. It's as though their programmer likes to leave remnants of the past to sleep, waiting to reawaken by chance.

The patent situation also kind of sucks.