PC gaming at its finest

>tfw save money to upgrade to GTX 1080
>Broke as fuck because college
>Find out my CPU will bottleneck so need to upgrade it too.
>Save money to upgrade CPU
>By the time I get the money to upgrade my CPU a new GTX 1180 comes out that totally outperforms 1080 and Nvidia releases patches that destroy the 1080 performance just so people buy their new card
>Also find out that 8gb of ram is now considered shit and I need 16gb
>Also I need a new PSU to support all the new components
>By the time I get more RAM and a new PSU Nvidia releases GTX 1680 and releases patches that destroy the previous cards performance
>the cycle continues

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kj4x0VYKk0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just focus on your college, buy a GTX 1070 or GTX1060 when it comes out and play vidya at a little less quality user, by the time you notice it, you will be done with colleges, had a good job and then you will be able to buy high-end gpus all day, trust me. Maybe you could find a gf too.

>>Also find out that 8gb of ram is now considered shit and I need 16gb
Troll.

buying the latest and greatest is only left to the autists who think a 980 or 970 isn't good anymore once the new card comes out. most normal people won't buy it unless their card is already well out of date.

falling for the 16gigs of ram meme

>the only game he plays is WoW
>thinks he needs a bleeding edge GPU

>not getting a good CPU to start with that can last forever
>not getting at least a gold 750wt PSU that will last at least 10 years
>implying you need more than 8gb of wam

You made bad choices and now you have to pay for it.

Psssst.

[spoiler] you don't need to play on ultra settings [/spoiler]

Yeah trying to stay super high end is retarded especially with SLI

Just get one good card and enjoy it ffs.

8gb isn't enough to play the following games:

Elderscrolls Skyrim with mods
ARK survival evolved
Dark Souls III
The Witcher 3
GTA V
Tomb Raider (2013+)

If you want to play those, you need more than 8gb of RAM.

Your CPU can be unbottlenecked by getting older Xeons and a cheap server board (the more cores, the more lanes, the less bottleneck)

The 1080 is a dishrink, the next 2 releases are going to be marginal performance increases, because they are just going to add slightly more cores, and increase clock speeds, but perf per watt will be the same until next dishrink. In other words, the 1180 and 1280 are only going to be 10% performance boost.

You probably don't need a new PSU, because the 1080 is only 180W, less than any other GPU of its tier.

Nvidia never makes older generation cards shittier on the software side of things, the only people who have found their cards performing less than when they got it are merely victims of silicon deterioration, caused by OC.

CPU bottleneck?

Is it like 10 years old or something? Or maybe it's AMD?

>8gb isn't enough to play the following games:
>Elderscrolls Skyrim with mods
>ARK survival evolved
>Dark Souls III
>The Witcher 3
>GTA V
>Tomb Raider (2013+)
>If you want to play those, you need more than 8gb of RAM.
Why are you lying? I don't need that for any of those.

I'm not lying, Skyrim with mods needs a minimum of 10gb of ram on Windows 10 or else it CTDs. ARK will get a massive slowdown and perform at half fps because it will page if you have lower than 12gb of RAM. Dark Souls III can get away with it, because of its PS4 optimization, but if you are trying to run it in 4k, or with reshade, or with any form of AA, you will need a minimum of 10GB of ram. The Witcher 3 max settings requires a minimum of 16gb of ram to reach peak performance, GTA V is a coding mess and needs at least 10gb of ram as well. The TombRaider games won't let you have higher texture resolutions unless you have a minimum of 16gb of RAM.

You stop lying, there's a difference between "you can do it" and "you can do it well."

Plus, if you're running a RAM hog OS like Windows 10, which idles at 1.6gb after you debloat it and close out of everything, you will definitely need the extra RAM.

Just save money until you have 2k then go out and buy the parts and build an extreme setup.

I use Win7. Don't know what difference it makes.

Won't be a meme for long grandpa.

Ah, nvm. I actually have 16GB, lol. Why do I have that?

Guess I can't blame that on Skyrim CTDs...

it's only $25 more than the 8GB meme, at that price it's a meme worth falling for.

>tfw have to choose between food and 1080

>buying nvidia after 3.5
>buying nvidia after they gimped kepler and will start gimping maxwell
top kek

Sup Forums - Tech illiterate console ni/g/gers from r/Sup Forums

gaming at all you mean

at the same rate on a console you will still need to spend that much money on the new ones, at worse framerates and graphics

gaming is for kids

The 1080 and 1070 have amazing performance for the money, however the founders edition is dumb as fuck. Never spend more on a reference designed card compared to custom, also completely true with the posts on them gimping the performance.
Check out the difference between the r9 390x on launch compared to the 980 non ti and now look at it, my 390x beats a 980 non ti and i couldnt be happier considering i bought it for only 200 dollars obviously not new

Pretty much
>He fell for the gaymen meme

>The Witcher 3
>GTA V
>Tomb Raider (2013)

Bullshit. I could max GTA V and the Witcher with 8 GB just fine. TR ran fine with even 4 GB.

You are retarded. More RAM never hurts (block cache &c&c&c) and 8 GB more RAM is like a few nickles more.

Go to amazon. Get immediately OK'd for 5000$ credit line, interest-free 12 month payment. Buy 1500$ gaymen PC. Enjoy PC gaymen while only paying Amazon like 120$ a month

If you get a new CPU, you'll most likely need to buy DDR4 ram anyway.

Also, get an AMD card if you're on a budget.

Only retards buy enthusiast parts and upgrade all the fucking time.

I can still play games fine on a 3 year old FX 8320 with a GTX 660 and have no plans to upgrade in the near future. Maybe in 2-3 years.

>Broke
>Buying the latest card
You're in college, surely you can't be this stupid.

College is full of idiots, way worse than you might even imagine.

Why gaymen kids can't live without the latest shit like the rest of us?

COLLEGEFAGS CONFIRMED FOR BEING STUPID

COLLEGEFAGS BTFO

>PC gaming at its finest
Is your implication that console gaming is better because it doesn't get better?

Because if that is the case then you could, you know, just not upgrade.

Client: HexChat 2.12.1 • OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) • CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz (2.60GHz), Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz (2.60GHz) • Memory: 64.0 GiB Total (56.8 GiB Free) • Storage: 263.5 GiB / 1.0 TiB (787.2 GiB Free) • VGA: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 • Uptime: 9h 56m 50s

Just buy a fucking used 2600k, you faggot

>reciting what you say to yourself every night on Sup Forums

Dang man, respect.

this and

This, I have two 970s and have zero plans of buying any new cards for a while.

>8gb isn't enough to play the following games:
>Elderscrolls Skyrim with mods
dumb Sup Forums poster

skyrim is a vram hog, not a ram hog

>actually trying to justify spending on over 8gb for a non virtualized machine

Bought before 3.5GB i hope

This is absolute bullshit. How can someone be so wrong?

Yeah, you only need 64kb anyways.

>tfw 3gb of ram

52 mods on KSP and you need more than 8 jigs to keep multitasking

delet what?

ur life lmao

>I have to have the latest because it gets me e-dick points on the internet
>I don't play games for fun, I play them for graphics and e-dick points on the internet

yes yes, wait until after college user, youll have loads of money left over from the great job after making your student payments and home payments and car payments

Confirmed Sup Forumsirgin

I can speak for ark. I do multitask like a mad cunt, and can confirm that only ark, a stream playing in the 2nd monitor, and running av on a client's hdd already edges 11gb

>I did little-to-no research and subsequently made poor purchasing decisions

>Rather than except responsibility for my bad life choices, I shall lay the blame on an entire industry

Get yourself a console and an iPhone, OP; this hobby isn't for you.

>cities_skylines.exe
>9GB RAM in use
Gotta love mods

PC gaming everyone

GANOO/LOONIX on laptop + PS4 master race reporting in

>tfw my i5 2500k clocked at 4.2GHz is still relevant today
Feels good man

youtube.com/watch?v=kj4x0VYKk0I

lies

Is a 1080 Ti to be expected?

I remember falling for the 780 meme just to get it made obsolete by the 780 ti, the 980 ti also made the 980 pretty irrelevant price/performance wise.

I'm not following the architectures / binning closely enough to know if a 1080 ti could even exist at this point / somewhere near in the future.

>Broke as fuck because college
>not getting paid for going to college

americuckproblems.gif

>don't get jewed user!
>just forfeit your money today!
Totally reasonable

Please, on a 200k population city, with mods galore, I tap 11.5 sometimes