ISA motherboard

What's up guys?
So, I'm trying to figure out what is the most recent motherboard/socket/chipset with ISA slots.
I found a 462 board with ISA slots. Is that the most recent one?
Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstech.com/install/ecom-prodshow/usb2isar.html
hpaa.com/moslo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's up guys?
Not much.

Come on, I'm a bit autistic, so I don't know how to start threads :P

There exist LGA775 boards with ISA slots. Those are made for industrial and scientific outfits that bought custom-designed ISA cards a long time ago to control expensive equipment, though, you'll have a hard time finding them and you'll pay dearly for one. A Socket A board is probably the best you're going to be able to do on this front.

Found one that supports Ivy Bridge CPUs but the price was deliberately hidden

What are you planning to do with it?

Modern ISA boards are pretty damn expensive, depending on what you're doing you might be better off just grabbing a nice Pentium III/K6-III+ system instead.

they'll do a "request a quote" thing so some maketing scumbag can call you and figure out what you're doing with it and how much you're likely able to pay. If you're just a hobbyist looking to buy a single board either they won't even bother replying to you, or you'll get quoted a very high "go away" price

These boards always confused me...
Are they made with a custom 775 chipset with direct acess to the ISA slots or what?
Also, what kind of ISA cards would they use in a professional environment that needs these?
I mean, what do they look like?

I've seen one a couple of months ago, it was a Core 2 Duo LGA775 board, priced at $1500.

It's mostly gaming, so I can fit a SoundBlaster 16 on it.
I'm looking for consumer-grade boars, I should've been more specific.

they use standard chipsets but include bridge hardware on the mobo that speaks ISA, since Intel's chipset's haven't since the P4 era.

>It's mostly gaming, so I can fit a SoundBlaster 16 on it.
>I'm looking for consumer-grade boars, I should've been more specific.
Yeah, Socket A or some kind of P3 is the best you can do.

arstech.com/install/ecom-prodshow/usb2isar.html

USB > ISA

Problem is, some of the older games are tied to to the clock speed of the processor, so they run super fast.
I was looking for something that supported some substantial underclocking.
P3s don't overclock, but I think the first Durons do, right?

This is fucking priceless, haha
I wonder if there is any legitimate use for these things.

>>Problem is, some of the older games are tied to to the clock speed of the processor, so they run super fast.
any game that's old enough for that to be a problem is better run in DOSBox on your current hardware, rather than on a vintage machine.

I saw a 1366 board that had an ISA slot, not sure how common that is though

Yeah, there's that.
It's an old Rayman game.

>t-zone
holy shit, i remember going there.

what's that?

Looks dank.

Btw, can we get more of these gems?

I miss the days before the dot.com bubble burst and 9/11 happened. The whole world thought everything was going to the moon and it was gonna be awesome.

then we realized we'd all fallen for a meme

Yeah... Oh man...
Do you think it could've been different?

>It's mostly gaming, so I can fit a SoundBlaster 16 on it.
Figured that was what you were going for, I don't think you need anything much newer than a Pentium III-class system for SB16 games. You wouldn't be able to run them on a newer system anyway.

hpaa.com/moslo/

I'd like to say yes but I think the real answer is no

RIP Dennard scaling

Maybe if Bush died

I lived in Silicon Valley around that time. Everybody knew it was all a gamble, the valuations were bullshit and the only question was could you IPO and cash out before everything collapsed.

You think Gore wouldn't have invaded some middle-east wasteland? The country was clamoring for it after 9/11.

neither one of them could have stopped the bubble deflating.

Trump showed up too late.