NVIDIA GTX 1070 PRICE/PERF BEASTMODE

AMD POORFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rkiZdSBux9E
youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M
novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx1080series/Asus/STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING.html
Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=rkiZdSBux9E

Where's 290/X? Or 390?

Kek

aren't 290/x discontinued, 390/x are basically 290/x rebranded with more vram

>480X will have GTX 980 perf for $200 and will be announced in about an hour
checkmate novideofags

what, no RX 480?

Meanwhile the base 380 and 390 both beat the 1070 price:perf.
I can't even imagine how hilariously bad the 480 or 490 will make it look.

The RX 480 is going to be top of every price/perf chart for years if it's truly $200. Enjoy your moment, Nvidiot.

>Tomb raider
for fuck sake, why are they still make those ?
thats like the 30th tomb raider

Yes
So you can get 290x performance for half the price of a 390x. Essentially the value of that line on the chart should be divided by 2

Isn't this game Nvidia flagship "the way it's meant to be played"?

it's been an hour

well?

ONE-HUNDRED-AND-NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS

>290x performance for half the price of a 390x
maybe if you get a used card that was used for shitcoin mining

linking linus tech tits

good lord go fuck yourself you gay bitch

its on right now

Is this the damage control thread?

Ok, riddle me this. The 1070 cant do actual 4k games, so why would I buy an overkill card for just 1070? I mean, if I wanted 4k I would totally buy 2 1080s, but why the fuck would I buy a 1070? Just to overkill 1080 but not to be enough for 4k?

Frankly Id either go for a cheaper 1080 card or a super expensive 4k one.

link

>The 1070 cant do actual 4k games, so why would I buy an overkill card for just 1080p?
typo

its like you literally did not read a single post

An hour later AMD just anally annihilated you.

it's better price/perf if you can't afford a 1080, while still having better performance than amd shit, and it's not overkill for e.g. high refresh rate and low latency csgo at 1080p-1440p

fuck you there was no link to it at all

here i googled it
youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0

FUCK YOU

Good job it's almost like you're an adult now.

theres a thread on it right now
nvidia just got btfo
2 rx480s beat a 1080 and its 200 cheaper

multi gpu has an extra frame of latency and is dependent on game/driver support, any oldfag knows you're supposed to have one high end gpu, it's ridiculous to compare multi gpu to single gpu

buttmad nvidiot.

stay delusional amd tard, you don't have simultaneous multi-projection, g-sync and fastsync, you got completely rekt

>tfw hd5770 crossfire

It just werks

2 rx 480 is $20 more expensive than gtx 1070 and has higher power consumption

why the fuck does that fucking shit auto-scroll to the top of the page so i cant type in the chat

B T F O
Except we aren't talking about oldfag shit here, Faggot. DX12 brings CF/SLI into the light again.

it's fucking gjewgle man

make the window bigger if you have a high res screen

but its better

>gsync
>paying extra when you could just get freesync

stop giving jewvidia money for ruining gaming

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M

TOP KEK comparing 2x gpu vs single gpu and it's fucking ashes, fucking overhyped shit benchmark "game", heavily biased toward amd, grasping at straws this hard

freesync is objectively inferior to gsync and kliksphilip is not exactly an expert

are you serious? you are saying that it takes 2 AMD cards to beat a single nvidia card and you post that as something good?!

THIS JUST IN.
THE 480 AT 199$ @ 5 TERAFLOPS
NVIDIA SHILLS ON LITERAL SUICIDE WATCH!

Unless every single game supports CF at release and they never again fuck up their drivers or we get the whole industry to support DX12 very soon(a month or two) comparing CF with a single GPU isn't even apples&oranges tier of retarded.

price for performance is based on the price of NEW cards.

gtx 1070 shits all over it at $379, most people can afford a gtx 1070, same story as the gtx 970, the gtx 970 is the most popular card among steam users

when two amd cards are still cheaper than 1 card and out performs it, yeah its a good thing.
nvidiots suicide watch lol

>Set of cards for $400 that beats a single $800 card
Yes, this is a good thing. Weren't all you nvidiots touting about how SLI 970s were the greatest setup ever.

>double the price
kek

delusional as fuck

heck you could get dual gtx 1060 when they come out, it would still be retarded to do multi gpu two low/mid range cards but it would still be better than dual 480

the equivalent of gtx 970 sli in the current year would be gtx 1070 sli, not fucking 480 crossfire

>dual 1060s
you can look at the 980 vs 960 and know thats false

>same price as last year
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>1070 will be $400
>2 RX 480s will be $400
>2 RX 480s beats 1080

wew lads

>in a the most biased benchmark you could possibly find
kys idiot

>gameworks kike juju isn't bullshit

Okay faggot

Third party 1070s will be 350-380 and only a retard would buy the card without a bundle.

too bad Battlefield will be AMD bundle

this and the perf just shits all over a single 480, only newfags think it's good to do multi gpu with low end cards, it's better to get a single mid range card or high end card and perhaps upgrade more often

It wouldn't. the 1070 doesn't even touch the 970 price/performance

have you looked at the OP pic?

and 2x 1080´s or 2x1070 or whatever would beat that, the point being?

Your whole argument is money, not playing around with combo cards that can achieve something in a very specific game.

You are forgetting the real message behind this. AMD is falling behind in tech and has no answer for the 1080, if they did, you can bet they would have announced it. AMD just implicitly announced they are retiring from the enthusiast segment.

But hey, gratz on your solution, its ok but for the segment (casuals that do crossfire),

if you can afford dual 480 you can afford a gtx 1070 with money to spare, gtx 1070 is the obvious buy in that situation

The 1070 is basically a Titan X for a quarter the price just like the 970 was to the Titan.

>and 2x 1080´s or 2x1070 or whatever would beat that, the point being?
Cost faggot. It cost way less.

Do you think this matters

Rx 480

its Intel vs AMD status quo on GPUs.
AMD is trailing techwise and forced to offer price attractive options, where only true nerds that study the price points will design the optimal price/performance buy.

well, yes, of course, but in the real world this kind of performance has been available to people who shopped smartly for over a year now. I'm glad it's mainstream again

>buy a used 2-3 years old amd card
>smart shopping

No this is polaris. Vega is still going to compete with the 1080.
But its hilarious that polaris can beat a 1080 already

Isn't the chart showing the pioneer edition price?

I imagine that chart will be even better when regular editions starts showing up in the market.

yeah it's probably using the founder's edition price at $449, it'll be even better at $379

There will not be a single 1070 for $379 this year.

More like GTX $1070.

970 perf And it's called RX480 faggot

>AoS
>a valid benchmark
No. Just no.

the asus strix 1080 is $619 at launch, only $20 over MSRP and it's more or less a premium card, the asus strix gtx 970 was more expensive than other gtx 970 cards

MAYBE if there are supply issues it will be above $379 initially but sooner or later prices will fall even below $379 for competitive reasons, it's better to sell bigger quantities because you're a bit cheaper than the competition

It's £699.98 which is about $1000.

novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx1080series/Asus/STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING.html

nvidiot btfo

AMD´s answer when their tech falls behind: add more cheap cores and blame developers for not optimizing, we have seen this before.

With your line of reasoning Kepler beats Polaris..

Btw, if you are an AMD fan but dont like Ashes of Singularity you are fucked

bongland pricing is irrelevant and it's a preorder

>he actually believes MSRP

>buy used card for $200
>slap a good cooler on it and OC a small bit
>can play witcher 3 at 1440p 60fps
got nothing to complain about desu. I was smart and got a great value card.

Where are all the nvidiots, suddenly so quiet

>my wallet

A bunch of shills just got banned for spamming

i seriously hope you don't buy the 480 at retail pricing

Dear NoVideos,
RX480 is $199. You lose. :3
Love, AMDestroyers.

how about no
>Sup Forums.org/bans
it's amazing what delusions you'll come up with to justify being an amd fanboy

kill yourself retard

gtx 1070 probably has even better price/perf in any game except for maybe shitty shit overhyped fucking ashes

>Below is a sample of recent bans (not a comprehensive list of all bans), updated once per hour.

NVIDIOTS are CLEARLY on suicide watch.

I can smell your European butthurt from here in America

>new tech is better than old tech

That only shows what the mods want to show, they won't show anything that provokes a shitstorm
How new are you?

almost no one gets banned from Sup Forums, you have no evidence that shills got banned or that there are any (paid) shills

you have NO proof, the only "shills" ITT are me and and a few other anons and i'm certainly not banned, stay delusional idiot

Because your shilling isn't blatant spamming like the ALL CAPS guy in the Computex threads

Have titan x/4k, waitin for pascal vs vega.

Tfw could power 5x 480s for that price

Vega 32gb hbm2 is lookin good

Reason for Nvidias early release is now revealed, theyre lagging a whole generation behind

>Comparing past gen hardware with newly released hardware

You're pretty retarded, aren't you, OP?

if anything it's amd that's lagging behind obviously, they have nothing to compete with 1070/1080 until MAYBE late Q3-Q4 2016, but they probably didn't even think of the multi-projection stuff, and nvidia will come out with 1080 ti around that time to BTFO vega

also
>Vega 32gb hbm2
hbm is a complete waste at this point, it kills price/perf just look at fury x, nvidia does fine with gddr5/x

480x/crossfired beats 1080, priced lower than 1070

AMD changed their gen rythm and strategy towards an incremental steady killing to suffocate the higher end

6 years ago evergreen beat fermi which led to amd buying ati

We've yet to see how nvidia prices the HBM2, considering amd has an edge on stocks and tech handling

Incoming clash

you're delusional, retarderd, or both

The bandwidth is needed for 4k 120hz to push 8k

Nothing is impossible man

>a $350 card released in 2016 outperforms a $1,000+ card from 2015

There is literally no reason to ever fall for the high end video card meme. NO REASON.