Nvidia is O V E R

WELCOME TO AMDOMINATION

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/pyC3r
youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TWO CARDS TO BEAT ONE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

two cards that together are much cheaper than the one.
wooooooow
clear eyes. wooooow.

>We cannot compete against the new cards head to head so we will release them as "budget cards" and compare two of them against one with an AMD biased game

You can see in practice the cards are 50% idle while the 1080 is sweating

In both cases you still can't beat 199

>AMD can sell at a loss but Nvidia cannot

>98.7% vs 51% utilization

So they'd have like 124 fps if they went full power

amd sure is getting desperate

>AMD biased game

If that's the case then most DX12 and Vulkan games will be, and that's not AMD's fault.

I wonder if that isn't somewhat embellished. Like one is at 99% and the other is at 51%. . . Because no drivers.

I didn't see the stream. Can somebody help me understand why it's presented like this?

If the 480 is only at 51% GPU utilization, and 2 of them are about the same as 1080, why not demonstrate 1 480 at near 100% utilization beating or coming extremely close to the 1080 for $200?

Since it's DX12 it's probably because AotS still doesn't use the full multi card capabilities of DX12

Fuck it nigga, I don't want to blow my power bill up with 2 AMD cards.

>If the 480 is only at 51% GPU utilization, and 2 of them are about the same as 1080, why not demonstrate 1 480 at near 100% utilization beating or coming extremely close to the 1080 for $200?
It's probably extremely close, or at least somewhat close, but that looks way less impressive than beating it at almost half the price

>If that's the case then most DX12 and Vulkan games will be
Because DX12 requires all developers to use the same options. . . Let me guess. You also believed that all games that use tesselation were going to be poor on AMD cards because of Crysis 3?

>2016
>Dual GPUs

lmao

>You can buy 3 cards and still have a 100$ left to spend on poptarts or the slightly higher electricity bill.

Nvidia is feeling the heat.

IT ALLL RETURNS TO NOTHING

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN

They're 120W TDP. That's less than the 1070.

>2016
>Dual GPUs
>DX12 and Vulkan now supports them.

>nvidia too stronk
>let's just put two shitty cards together and lower price

>51% vs 98.7%

because they don't have the drivers to do it, they're just speculating that they will

Thanks god I'm a jew, I almost bought a 960 two months ago.

I will buy two 1070.

What will your excuse be when Vega comes out and offers better performance in a single card?

What am I saying? There won't even be Nvidia fanboys left by then.

Whatever "soothes your soul" mate. I'll buy 2 rx 480 and spend the remaining on hookers

>51% utilized

You realize these are AMD's mid range cards right?

>jew hating jew

Not the same poster but it's likely the 1080ti will be out before Vega is.

So you mean by the time Nvidia's next gen is around the corner?

>vega launches at 500 to 700 with HBM2
>1080 Ti launches at 900 with GDDR5X

hmmmm

>Vega launches at $300 because it cannot beat the 1080
>1080ti launches at $750 with HBM2
Anyone can make completely unsupported claims

I like the design.

Why use two different style of screws for the cooler?

Reminds me of a VHS cassette tape.

Manlet cards are ugly as sin

Didn't AMDrones give nvidia shit for having a similar boxy cooler design?

The ones on the front are for looks.

With the Rx 480 being so cheap, do you think the Rx 490 might be priced cheaper than 1070, maybe at 300+ ?

>and offer better performance too

>boxy black VHS tape like enclosure
>different screws for style
All of my WHY?

the PCB is likely covered fully with the radiator fins, which forces the blower to the right, and extends the card.

true. Feels comfy

VCR style GPU hotswap enclosure when?

imgur.com/a/pyC3r

mmm image's on the left(GTX1080) looking lower quality.

AMD does it again with shady benchmarks.

sorry I mean left is AMD (lower quality).

Soon...

Have we gone back to the "image optimization" days? Reviewers are going to rename the executable?

yes your image explains what I meant. the blower is offset to allow for a bigger cooler on the parts themselves

Actually, I think I have a old one, I wonder If I can mod it.

who cares
they still have no drivers

Left was running on a $200. right on a $700 card.
The point was showing that you can play games on a $200 card and don't need a $700. It has nothing to do with the benchmarks they showed later.

Hbm2 confirmed only on gp100 and Vega

isn't the win10 adoption pretty bad?

The blower hopefully will perform good. They've got the dual top bottom intakes that the asus turbo series has for supposedly extra airflow.

>Hbm2 confirmed only on gp100
Gee. I wonder if the 1080ti will be "big" Pascal just like the 980ti was "big" Maxwell, 780ti was "big" Kepler, etc?

You can already game on $200 cards

GTX960/380

you fucking kidding me, half of Sup Forums is jew hating jew
and in case you didn't notice jesus christ was born a jew

Interestingly enough, they've been cranking out the driver updates fairly regularly lately. I've been rocking a 295x2 for a long time, and for a while there was a wicked dry spell, but I think those days are long past.

So in 3 years the drivers MIGHT MAYBE actually get you 100 percent utilization. Yep its an amd card.

I'm pretty stoked that with the new cards, I'll be able to spend $400 and get something with >4x the power of my 960 instead of just 2x.

still not fast enough and games don't seem to be optimized for AMD regularly.
Its shady business but its a real thing

AMD owns the consoles so all console ports are optimized for their GPUs.

who cares about console ports?

> domination

>using ashes as benchmark
Who gives a fuck about that game, give me something relevant

>defending consoles holding back pc gaming

I guarantee that nvidia fanboys will keep the power meme going regardless.

No?
W10 was incredibly successful in the mainstream and according to steam hardware surveys it was widely adopted by gamers as well.

>bought a 960
Why did so many people do this?
Such a trash card.

Those aren't VR ready though user.

So the fact that the last three drivers have dropped on or very close to release day of the AAA game it's optimized for isn't enough? Jesus fuck, won't anything satisfy you?

Bottom line is their driver cadence IS going up, and they ARE releasing day one optimized drivers more often. If you owned one, you would know that.

>GTA V
>DARK SOULS
>CONFIRM FF 15 FOR PC PLSSS!!!

Yeah, mustard race makes it pretty obvious console ports are irrelevant.

Wew lads, AMD wins again!

Tons of people use laptops and this shit that already comes with Win 10.

>how many of you have windows 10
>most of the audience raises their hand
>how many of you like windows 10
>no one raises their hand
>w-well just be sure to submit feedback o-okay
I felt so bad for that guy

>cheaper than a single
>faster
cute attempt, but you need to be more inflammatory, and refer to things that aren't strictly untrue

>>DARK SOULS
I wouldn't use that one if you are trying to support console ports.

Because people are fucking stupid?

That was some awkward shit. I bet he's going to drink heavily and bang some whores tonight.

Console ports are the only AAA games PC gamers get.

whats the release date?

I have a feeling their Linux drivers will still be shit.

Dark Souls 3 was a pc game ported to consoles.
GTAV was shit and was nvidia optimized lmao

I thought Sup Forums was better than this and played patrician grand strategy games, Aurora 4x and simulators.

June 29th

Civ VI? Overwatch? Etc?

Thanks for trying to move the goalposts but I return the same point that wasn't addressed. I would mention Dark Souls if you are in support of console ports.

the rx 480 has a TDP of 150w, whereas the 1080's TDP is 180w.

320mm2 (gp104 die size) / 180w = ~1.77 mm2/w
230mm2 / 150w = 1.53mm2/w

so AMD is still considerably less efficient than NVIDIA, at least it's almost even and not hawaii housefire tier like before though.

for reference, hawaii had a die area of 438mm2 and a TDP of 275w, so AMD's mm2/w has shown almost no improvement since hawaii.

amdgpu framework isn't half bad, honestly. The gaming specific plugin that sits on top of it needs some work, but the underlying framework and open source bits are bretty gud... off to a good start, and worlds better than the old 'radeon' open source driver.

>mfw I can buy THREE 480s for the price of a 1080

>Dark Souls 3 was a pc game ported to consoles.
I think you got that very backwards. Unless somehow they had things in the console version that From soft decided to disable in the PC version (poise), or screwed up only PC online gaming (softbanning).

Ok AMD fans... Here's my question to you. What happens when Nvidia releases the GTX1060 at like 250$ and two GTX1060 SLI are faster than the 1080 and the RX480 SLI. Then the AMDOMINATION becomes being slightly behind again? I'm sure Nvidia is just savoring hovering over the release button for the GTX1060 before ruining AMD's hopes and dreams.

that's not how business works, lol.

DELETE TH IS

>51% GPU usage
AMD have room to wiggle Nvidyaboy

Link?

If it is only using 51% of the GPU. Why didnt they just have a single card at 100% usage and show that it almost compares to a GTX 1080

The turbo series is a piece of shit, this cooler probably will be too.

It was during the computex stream

youtube.com/watch?v=Icm9B1nkGJ0

I have no idea how to get back to that part because youtube is faggots