One 6pin connector

>one 6pin connector
>$199 (though probably not with aftermarket coolers which you should get since stock is HORRID)
>two of them for $498 beats a 1080 for $700 (at least in one benchmark)
>150w
>drivers are getting somewhat better
HOLY SHIT
NVIDIA IS DONE FOR
AMD FINALLY WON

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10-launch/
prosjekt.eidvgs.no/ovedvik/
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that 6 pin position looks so weird with the cooler extended from the pcb

>1070 better than 980ti performance
>Our card is only about 980ti performance
>Better drop the price and hype it up as much as possible since we cannot compete head to head with the latest

>the 480 is now the 490x

yes, you are correct.
what point are you trying to make

This. I could give two shits about anything else. Where the fuck the 490
Where the fuck Zen

>two for $498

can you do math? 199*2= $398

The 4 GiB variant is $199 and the 8 GiB variant is $249.

minor thing but wccftech is saying $229
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10-launch/

yes but the actual stream showed 498 dollars for dual 480 so that means they are 249 for the 8gb version

RX 480 confirmed for similar performance to 390. Dont get too excited.

it said

now that im thinking about it, you might be right
so yeah thats even better actually if its only 230

for 200 dollars though, it's not too bad

you might be right about the $249 thing, idk

>half the price
>half the TDP
>newer architecture
still great senpai

>Driver issues
>No gameworks
>Less graphical features
>No CUDA
>Disgustingly ugly
>Thinking it actually beats the 980ti or 1080 at all
Fucking retard. Kill yourself.

>it doesn't have all this proprietary shit nvidia made so it's bad
how about you kill yourself?
t. 560ti user

>>Driver issues
huh?
>>No gameworks
is this a bad thing?
>>Less graphical features
such as?
>>No CUDA
real world application?
>>Disgustingly ugly
it goes in a case and it's a reference card
>>Thinking it actually beats the 980ti or 1080 at all
it's not meant to

Who cares? You get those extra features with nVidia. You don't get them with AMD. Maybe instead of crying about it AMD should one up them, hmm?

>extra features
useless shit not worth the price warrant
> Maybe instead of crying about it AMD should one up them
200 dollars for a 390 is a good thing. vega will most likely be 1070/1080 levels with a lower price. that is passing nvidia.

One up them with free software alternatives, sure. I don't use any of the things you listed, though. Except maybe CUDA since that's basically a hardware thing.

>1070 is the most reasonable new card from nvidia
>$379
>amd card that can apparently do stable 90fps vr
>$200
nvidia btfo, and all my pcs have nvidia cards

>cuda
opencl
>gameworks
oh you mean that thing that will make previous gen cards lose 50%+ of their performance as soon as new cards are released, yeah I love that

And this was all on just the first page of Sup Forums. The AMD shilling is strong tonight.

and how many fucking thread were made when the 1080 was announce?
fucking idiot

>
>>>Driver issues
>huh?
He's referring to amds driver history
>>>No gameworks
>is this a bad thing?
Yes. I certainly want exclusive graphical options since they exist and will continue to exist.
>>>Less graphical features
>such as?
Mfaa, physx, easy refresh rate over clocking and supersampling
>>>No CUDA
>real world application?
>>>Disgustingly ugly
>it goes in a case and it's a reference card
>>>Thinking it actually beats the 980ti or 1080 at all
>it's not meant to
Where is their flagship then? This is it. They arent prepared.

>He's referring to amds driver history
Driver overhead is approaching zero
>Yes. I certainly want exclusive graphical options since they exist and will continue to exist.
They aren't exclusive, simply the implementation is. Devs can choose to run with TressFX/ShadowFX as well, and you will likely complain about it because they are "AMD specific exclusive graphics options".
>Mfaa, physx, easy refresh rate over clocking and supersampling
But AMD has their technologies too. Where's FreeSync, Eyefinity, TrueAudio, Async, bridgeless CF, etc.? Understandably people can weigh in on which features they prefer but there are not outright fewer graphical features between AMD/nVidia.
>CUDA
OpenCL does the same thing and now the language gap is bridged, along with more libraries than CUDA.
>disgustingly ugly
Personally, I think the FE looks worse.
>Thinking it actually beats the 980Ti/1080
We don't even know this yet, and it's subjective, for all we know it could when a 1080 throttles down to the lowest clock compared to a 480 overclocked to the same clock. GPU boost clocks can greatly skew raw performances.
>Where is their flagship then? This is it. They arent prepared.
If you're worried about a "flagship card" then by all means blow it on a 1080 for 700 bucks. But keep in mind that neither company has released a "flagship card" yet and the 16/14nm architectures still have a long way to go. These are affordable cards that belong in a OEM box or a budget builder's box and still be very satisfied with the performances.

Mfaa is snake oil and physx is rarely used in newer games anymore, Most Publishers has to outsource the PC version to someone who knows how to implement that all those superfluous proprietary bs.

Any news on the 460x?

>Two wrongs make a right
Grow up?

I've still got a 6950 so no matter what I upgrade to it will be amazing.

>RX 480 confirmed for similar performance to 390
More like performance of a Fury and its a locked gpu, so an unlocked polaris could compete with the 1070.

>an unlocked polaris could compete with the 1070
>have to be unlocked in order to compete
>higher electricity bill

good job pajeet, +50 rupees for you

>its a locked gpu
Where was this mentioned?

>5¥ off of a 1200$ 3.5 GB VRAM Nvidia card coupon have been sent to you

Also still running a 6950;

Been dancing around with the idea of getting a 380 for a while now; Would now be the time to do it, or should I try to hold off for the 400-series?
Keeping DVI-I is one of the things I'm trying to hold on to, if possible.

prosjekt.eidvgs.no/ovedvik/

Actually it is worse for everyone if amd or nvidia is "done".
Look at CPU market: Slightly progress for 5 years and CPU prices for Intel are insane.

>nvidia makes 1080 with one 8 pin
>talk shit about underpowering

>amd makes card wit one 6 pin
>praise for low power consumption

what the fuck is wrong with this board.

AMD gets a free pass every single time because people are shit scared of monopoly situations.

Also 12 year olds.

Wrong

$199 only gets you 4GB

4GB in multi-GPU and high res? Enjoy your shitty frametimes & stuttering as Radeon Pro Duo shows

You'll be paying closer to 560 for $229 8GB cards which means it's not much cheaper than $599 GTX 1080

>what the fuck is wrong with this board.
Summer and fanboyism.

Very well structured arguments, novidyot

Nvidia has pretty much won

GTX 1070 150W TDP faster than RX 480 HOUSEFIRES 150W TDP with no overclocking because it's already maxed out with single 6pin

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

I've seen this exact post in another thread

the shilling is real

Well, one is a $200 card and the other is a $700 enthusiast card. You'd expect to get your value's worth for a $700 card, wouldn't you?

should I upgrade from a 670 to this?

The 8gb cards will cost $229, and the conclusions you draw about stuttering may not apply to Polaris 10

Not him but I think the point is more that people make more threads when there's an announcement. How many threads are there each and every Intel release? Apple release? And so on and so forth.

It's part and parcel of dealing with humans, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it. Even stickies don't help.

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAG DETECTED UNABLE TO ACCEPT THE BITTER TRUTH THAT KYLE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

Wait until both camps have their entire new lineups out. This shit is barely a paper launch.

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS DETECTED

One costs $200, one costs $700.

>You'll be paying closer to 560 for $229 8GB cards

Nice maths there, Pajeet. Too much poo for you today I think.

>Look may I posted it again!
Well, one is mid range and the other is high end but I have to agree that caring about power consumption on a desktop is pretty retarded, with the exception of extremes like the FX 9590.

$199 is for 4GB card

Your math is bad and you know it

For 200 dollars, it's not bad.

Why are you so emotionally invested in this

TOLD STATUS:
[ ] NOT TOLD
[ ] TOLD
[x] FUCKING TOLD

Yes. And what is $229 x 2, Pajeet? Feel free to use a calculator app to help you, but I can tell you now that your initial poo of $560 was incorrect. Please do the necessary and re-evaluate your sums.

Nvidiacucks are getting BTFO holy shit savage as fuck

25% of the card is the fan. They need to cut itttttttttt This would be perfect for a NCASE build.

It's the fucking price that does it boys. Clearly none of you fags are old enough to remember how much of a bargain the HD 4800 series was for AMD. Those cards utterly demolished nvidishits garbage at the time.

AMD is going back to really going for the $:performance market with this card it seems and that is great fucking news. Fuck buying $500 cards. This $200 will probably be fine to play most games just fine at 1080p.

>HD4800

Enjoy your overheating HOUSEFIRES

Just google HD4800 overheating

TOP KEK

AYYMD, THE ORIGINAL HOUSEFIRES BACK IN 2008

After market coolers will get it done

>HD 4800 series

I still have my old 4870 1gb even though it doesn't work anymore. It surely beats the GTX 260 back in the day.

I still remember the Fermi housefires and 1.7 meme. Good times...

Fan has dual intakes top and bottom so it should provide more airflow even in reference designs.

Literally used an HD 4870 in Australian summers with no air conditioning and had no problems. rekt yourself mate.

HD6000 series was pretty good for the price too, and not a housefire like thermi

>$200

Surely this means fury prices are going to plummet, right guys?

nope, if anything they'll go up due to scarcity

490 when??

Cmon one of you under the NDA. Just give us a little glimpse at the benchmark. plssss.

It also forgo a DVI port to provide better exhaust airflow. I hope a DP to DVI adapter will be provided as a norm from card makers. I'm already using an HDMI to DVI cable and need another DVI port.

Anyone got a pic of the ports?

Meanwhile Im sat happily with my 1080 running like a champ.
Yep lets watch people think these cards will come anywhere close

i used it in finland at winter and it overheated

It has little below 390 performance.

I've never bought an AMD card but this is very tempting.

Would I be able to run a cheap Nvidia card at the same time just for Shadowplay?

No but AMD packs playTV for screen recording. I use playTV but people say shadow is better. So far I had no problems with playTV

>10% better
>200% the price
Nvidia has never been in such a shitty position before. They should have released the 1070 first

isn't obs exist? performance is really good though,it even werks with igp like intel hd 4600.

so this is hd 4000 5000 6000 and 7000 all over again, cheap powerful gpu.

built my pc here when chinklong and gayinelite still around that was hd 4870, kek happened when hd 5000 & hd6000 were popular here because buttcoin.

There is no point in getting an aftermarket card.

It already runs very cool no doubt due to the much lower clocks and 14nm finfet. Case fans should be enough imo.

Unless you want to OC and get better performance than the 980/390x tier it already runs at sure. But I like the non-gaymin simple design. No fancy led shit, no color clashes, just good old elegant design.

It was always said that it would not compete with the 1080/70. It's a mid-range card (mid range, high, and enthusiast grade -- this, vega, and navi, respectively).

Man, you faggots are hilariously desperate
I wish I saved the posts of that one guy who was convinced that the 480 would cost $329 or more.

Well I meant shadowplay because its the only one that can record the last 1-5 minutes of play. I love being able to hit a button and catch anything I missed from not already recording.

It really is. Both companies hire shitters to post here.

Too bad AMD won't spend that extra cash on driver development, nor will NVIDIA spend theirs on learning how to not be scummy slant-eyed jews.

But that's amazing, considering it's like a $150 price drop for the performance with such low power draw.

Fucking sick move by AMD. Wait for the 1080 hype. Release a card for $200 for the budget people and tell them they can CF to get near 1080 performance. Now every one is looking at the 1080 like why even? Nvidia is now pressed to get the 1070 on the market asap.

pic unrelated

Nvidia won. It doesnt matter which is the best product. Pepsi might be a healthier choice over coke...

Dude the 980ti isnt even 200$ i dont even care if its less powerful than current gen the performance to price is so good, i can still get two for less than current gen and match it.

>AMD won't spend that extra cash on driver development

AMD spent money on Mantel/Vulkan they are trying to let the dev gain more control of the hardware so they don't have to driver patch every game as much as they have been doing. It would seem that AMD woke up one morning and said how can we fix all 100 problems that we have with the money we dont have. Overheating and Drivers are #1 on the list and they seem to be doing good at it.

It's a blower that intakes from both sides of the fan

There is no point in getting an aftermarket card.

It already runs very cool no doubt due to the much lower clocks and 14nm finfet. Case fans should be enough imo.

Unless you want to OC and get better performance than the 980/390x tier it already runs at sure. But I like the non-gaymin simple design. No fancy led shit, no color clashes, just good old elegant design.

It was always said that it would not compete with the 1080/70. It's a mid-range card (mid range, high, and enthusiast grade -- this, vega, and navi, respectively).

That's just sad.

Pretty much everyone has a GTX970 or R390 already and for us the RX480 offers no improvement. If we want something faster we have to get the outrageously priced 1070 or 1080.

I still have a GTX 260.

>Pretty much everyone has a GTX970 or R390 already

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about?

Seconded, is the 480 the top of what we're getting from AMD this year? If this is what the 480's like, I guarantee the 490 is going to be great. What about the X cards, next year?

is HDR a meme?

how long till you have monitors and games that support it?

does it really look that much better?

There's Vega which will compete with the 1070/1080 at a very precisely calculated pricepoint. Then Navi next year as enthusiast grade against the 1080ti.

I have a 10bit panel