/wt/-watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches
Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=508-rmdY4jQ&feature=youtu.be

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Watch-band-20mm-22mm-high-quality-stainless-steel-SHARK-mesh-bracelet-Diving-Watchbands-Gold-Fast-delivery/32344832348.html
aliexpress.com/item/20mm-New-High-Quality-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Watchband-Bracelet-Diving-Watch-New-parts-Free/2046678070.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_4_10037_507_10032_10020_10017_10021_10022_401_10009_10008_10018_101_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=6cc6a714-1006-4fca-99a5-089a0f5216c0
aliexpress.com/item/2016-Orologio-Uomo-Nomos-Watches-Luxury-Brand-Watch-Men-Clock-Women-Relogio-Feminino-Men-s-Wristwatches/32650058454.html
aliexpress.com/item/Luxury-Geneve-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Round-Dial-PU-Leather-Quartz-Business-Dress-Wrist-Watch-Wristwatches-Gift/32500955632.html
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53173155#p53185863
es.aliexpress.com/item/Nomos-famosa-Marca-Para-Hombre-Relojes-de-Lujo-del-Cuero-Genuino-Reloj-de-Los-Hombres-de/32669200304.html
ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-CASIO-G-SHOCK-REPLACEMENT-BAND-AND-BEZEL-for-G9100-2-G-9100-2-BLUE-/131806745408?hash=item1eb04b5340:g:ylsAAOSwWF5XLvhy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Title
confirmed for best thread

Where can I get OEM straps and bezels for G Shocks?

my 1970 omega geneve cal 601 on a black perlon

Pacparts

Two-done Datejust, 2009 vintage. She needs a cleaning, but I can't find anyone to do it short of the full-out $500 Rolex maintenance.

Why the FUCK is there an Oce-ANUS as the thread pic?

Guys pls help
I need a bracelet for pic related.
Should I go with this?
>aliexpress.com/item/Watch-band-20mm-22mm-high-quality-stainless-steel-SHARK-mesh-bracelet-Diving-Watchbands-Gold-Fast-delivery/32344832348.html

Or this?

>aliexpress.com/item/20mm-New-High-Quality-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Watchband-Bracelet-Diving-Watch-New-parts-Free/2046678070.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_4_10037_507_10032_10020_10017_10021_10022_401_10009_10008_10018_101_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=6cc6a714-1006-4fca-99a5-089a0f5216c0

I have no clue how to resize the latter though.
I would appreciate other suggestions too in this price range, but they have to be compatible with fat seiko diver style spring bars sadly.

>pic
i love the design of some of these. any one got any info on them?

any good? price? they're only quartz right?

>Title
Thanks. I guess.

Is retarded. On my 720p smartphone with a tiny screen. Keyword "watch" and said watch thread is two or three scrolls down. And I still can't find the watch thread.

honestly I'd put a black zulu on it than a bracelet.

I'm getting kinda sick of nylon
Literally none of my watches are on steel so it's time to chsnge that

Let's keep posting more vintages Omegas m8.
>My 68 Connie

Where is it June the 2nd?

A local dude is selling is this one.
Anyone know the model?

2009 is vintage?

Literal autism

How much did you pay for it? It's a beauty.

Seems to be a simple handwound one.

It is, and it's 37mm it's from the 80's and in decent shape.
He's selling it for about 35 bucks, but I have no idea what it's worth.

That's a decent price for it, assuming it works. Needs a new strap since the current one is too small.

Not my cup of tea though.

Yeah, I'd put on another strap on it anyway.
Anyways, I just found out he wasn't local, and when I can't see it in person before buying, I'm not gonna buy it.

Thanks, though.

>not being open minded enough to buy watches online without seeing them first

You are not on the right path for becoming a watch collector buddy.

That's alright, user.

>can't see it in person so i ain't buying it
So every time i buy my JDM pieces i have to go to Japan to see them?

I'm not telling you what to do, user. I'm just saying that I'm not buying a watch without any kind of buyer protection.

So that's why most people here buy on eBay when it comes to used watches.

Right, but this wasn't from eBay.

Though for 35$ i'd risk it.

My JDM pieces are 150$+

What's the point of having the roman numerals so small?

I guess it just has a decorative purpose, the watch has already steel indexes itself.

Yeah but it's stupid. Should have made the circle and the numerals a little bit bigger.

>more vintages Omegas
Sure. Unfortunately the hands aren't moving, must've gotten knocked somewhere during shipping. Of course because it's a tuning fork that means I'd have to spend a minimum of 1500 canadabux to get it serviced in switzerland by omega themselves.

Bump for this

The lume fell off the minutes hand. Is this common?

On the older ones it is.

Just open it up and remove the lume before it gets dragged all over the dial.

Your a beauty

I know absolutely nothing about watch assembly and repairs. There are lots of repair shops near me so I'll go to one later today, maybe tomorrow.

Anybody know a 40mm watch with 20atm water resist and a good ( above 7s26 ) movement?

I was thinking the Squale 20 atmos but I am not a huge fan of sub homages

You do realize it the power reserve is up it will get dragged all over the dial real fast? Aka you would have to buy a new one.

Remove the back, push the stem into time setting, press the stem release button and careful lift the movement. Remove the broken bit of lume and reseat the movement.

SKX013. I'm sure there are more but that's the only one I remember offhand.

skx013 is my current watch, I'm after something with hacking and maybe HW, and it's just a little too small at 38mm and tends to slide up my wrist to one side

Sorry to hear that your vintage cop didn't really work out. Maybe you can try getting your money back? Also

>mfw a 45-year-old Seiko has a better power reserve than my 1-year-old Komandirskie

I bought a super engineer II for mine but it did feel a bit silly buying a bracelet 2.5 times more than the watch.

I'll get it fixed one way or another. These movements are too rare for me to just leave it.

Still haven't taken the 7018 to Shane?

R8 my new watch Sup Forums

I live in London so it's a bit of a trek to get to Shane. I would take it to someone local, but a lot of the watchmakers here have never seen a Seiko movement, and those that have usually give you insane turnaround time (like 2 months).

Speaking of servicing, I also bought a Vanac-esque Lord Matic Special. Got it for a song, little over $100 freedombux shipped, dial and case look great but the original faceted crystal is completely ruined. I want to ask the fat Torotonian where he found the sapphire one for his own LM.

>it wil get dragged
The hands won't touch it, mr autismo. Why would they?

When will the crash happen?

I can't wait until I'm 95 years old to purchase a Speedmaster

The gay factor is off the charts.

Interesting how the quartz crisis barely made a dent, and then it surged after the technically superior 7A28 was made available.

Well that's a bummer. I can't get any watchmakers to look at the older JDM pieces i find here, besides one that lives rather far away. Luckily, for slav watches i know an old watchmaker that worked on these watches back in the USSR.

Neat find though, is that the bronze dial model? Also i think he said he found a sapphire for his KS not the LM.

You would be surprised as to how little clearance does the hour hand has with the dial.

Your call on this one.

There's enough space between the case and the hour hand.
Not the guy.

Reposting on this thread

G-Shock fag here to answer any G-Shock related question

Nice fake Omega m8.

i fell for the seiko 5 meme

"Vintage" can simply refer to the year the thing in question was made - a wine's vintage, for example (the etymology of the word involves wine).

You know, I never really thought about that until just now. I remember choosing this dial design because it was one of the styles that could be seen in low light.

Does your watch vibrate?

Mine does.

I don't really worn mine much. But it has survived a 125cc motorcycle wreck and it flew off my wrist and the spring thing got missing.

It's not totally fucked, London is only a two hour drive from Toronto so it is still very much within reach. I can combine a watchmaker visit with visits to friends, but I can't just drop by anytime unlike our resident Lord Maticfag.

As for the LM I got, it's a blue dial with lume marks. Really neat 70s look but not totally "out there" like a legit Vanac. If you have a copy of the 1974 Seiko catalogue handy, it's the middle model on the second page of Lord Matics. And speaking of the catalogue, holy shit the number of models with 56 calibers far outnumber the 52 caliber. No wonder it's so hard to get exactly the one you want, Daini was being way out-produced by Suwa.

How's the Weekdater, by the way? You gave it a servicing?

????
Those three letters stand for "jueves", thursday in spanish.

Normally this reference isn't very expensive, as there are several in ebay below the 2k mark. However, the fact that this particular example was actually untouched for almost 50 years added a few more grand to the price.

That's a shame m8, especially since the watch looks in a decent condition and would be a pleasure to wear.

I have a friend in Mexico's City -way closer to you, and cheaper- that knows his way around GP's, Omega's and Accutron's tunning fork calibers -since they're basically the same- that could probably help you getting it fixed to great working conditions. Would you be interested?

Nice looking chrono right there.

Ultra Gay/10

Maybe you should look for a second hand piece, it'd be cheaper.

I have yet to find one of these in perfect conditions. Time will provide...

This was meant for you:

????
Those three letters stand for "jueves", thursday in spanish.

Weekdater runs fine, so there isn't a need to service it for now. Seller said it was serviced in February and it seems squint eyes wasn't lying.

Day to day performance is about +10secs, seller said average rate is +8sec and the graph shows about that. Plus no beat error at all. My only grief with the 6206 is that you can't quickset the day, and the tiny crown makes it a pain to set the time when needed.

Also, are we talking about the vol/1H1 or vol2/H2 print of the catalog?

Reminder that there's also a Batman and a Coke Turtle.

>wrong arm
>almost wearing it over the hand
>>TRIGGERED

Nice pre-ruined Planet Ocean.

I'd be all over this thing if it were 2 grand cheaper and didn't fucking fall apart

Do any of you guys have experience with pin-lever escapement movements? I have my eyes on a piece on Ebay that I'm fairly sure has a EB8021/8022, which is a pin-lever, 23 jewels movement.

Opinions seem kinda split on from what I can see, some mean pin levers are PoS:s that can't be serviced, and some mean they're sturdy and accurate.

The second hand on my seiko skx009 fell off the center pin thing. How difficult would it be for me to replace this? The smallest tool I have is a tiny flathead for fastening screws on eyeglasses.

They're PoS, but you will find highly jeweled Swiss pin-lever movements, most notably BFG. I think there was some law that a Swiss movement maker could either manufacture pin-pallet or Swiss lever movements but not both. So a few manufacturers who initially didn't have the tech for making pallet forks ended up making jewelled, okay-ish movements with pin-levers.

Is this modded or actually available? Because I really dig the black / blue bezel seikos

This is probably the 3rd time I ask you but you never responded. Where are you exactly from abogado?
My guess is some Spanish speaking country. I doubt you are from Spain since I am a Spaniard myself and know that here a lawyer is in 90% of the cases a poor man's profession.

No, you can never get this watch. It's only for non-dumb people.

>SRP787
Disregard me, I apparently suck cocks

>nondumb

I might actually give a fuck if you didn't have the vocabulary of someone who might ask Ned Beatty to squeal like a pig

2big4u

Can I get a link to the engineer?

The crowns in the Gen1 were a bit of a weak point for sure. Mine is a Gen1 but it has Gen2 bezel, pushers and crown so I anticipate no issues. It has gained half a second since I replaced the battery two weeks ago. I was asking some questions on the WUS forums, and one guy had the Gen1 X-33 for 16 years and has experienced zero problems with it, so that's a good sign.

I got it only last month, traded in my Sinn for it. It was due servicing in a year or so anyways.

Does /wt/ have any nice watches from AliExpress?

I'm not really that interested in "chronometers" with stickers instead of dials, nor in Rolex replicas or shitty Patek ripoffs, but stuff like pic related perhaps - simple, without chink shit.

The pictures are nice, but should I toy with chinks when it comes to my time pieces?

E.g.: aliexpress.com/item/2016-Orologio-Uomo-Nomos-Watches-Luxury-Brand-Watch-Men-Clock-Women-Relogio-Feminino-Men-s-Wristwatches/32650058454.html

Pic related

Also this: aliexpress.com/item/Luxury-Geneve-Silver-Stainless-Steel-Round-Dial-PU-Leather-Quartz-Business-Dress-Wrist-Watch-Wristwatches-Gift/32500955632.html

It's 3$
No "JinHuangHao"-like chink shit on it.

What kind of movements do these usually have? Do they work OK?

Strapcode, they also sell on amazon.

I think it is in Volume 1.

I wish all my old Seikos came nicely serviced like yours. But they all seem to have great power reserves at least (my Lord Marvel runs for a good 42-45 hours without being touched) and are otherwise in mechanically flawless condition so I can't complain too much.

I am surprised that a watch which places so much emphasis on showing the day of the week ("weekdater") wouldn't have a quickset. Does it hack or hand wind at all?

The Bulova Caliber 11 is a pin-lever escapement, and one of the most reliable automatic movements ever made. They can be horribly abused and neglected, and still keep okay time. The automatic winding mechanism in particular is just about unbreakable.

No specs on the movement for +/- seconds per month? I like the first one you linked. I ordered two Casio fakes on ebay from China sorted by cheapest price and I ordered a real one from Singapore.

I read in the Sup Forums archives one user got a Casio fake and it had +/- 20 seconds per week. A real one is +/- 30 seconds per month.

Im sorry I didn't saw your previous questions dude.

Well, right now I'm doing some work in NYC, and although the family of one my parents comes from a spanish speaking country, and I've lived in two different spanish speaking countrys myself, I was born somewhere else.

Where in Spain do you live m8? We might have been neighbors for a while.

Also
>here a lawyer is in 90% of the cases a poor man's profession
That's because most spaniards don't believe in their legal system. I have seen this over and over and over...

No specs. Probably some japanese movement.

what seiko model is the second watch from left in this pic???

Hmm got it wrong. In Sup Forums archives that user said.

>I think I purchased it for $2.50. +20 seconds a day.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53173155#p53185863

It's the earlier 6206 cal, they don't hack nor do they handwind but at least the date can be quickset. The 6218 movements hack but still lack the day quicksetting. Though i must say that the finishing on the hands, indices and dial is the best i've ever seen.

I haven't had a chance to test out the PR on the Weekdater, but the LM special usually does upwards of 40hours.

Seiko LM special 5206-6030T

Frustrated, friend?

That's interesting, thanks for satisfying my curiosity, abogado. But why don't you just say where you are exactly from? Wanna stay mysterious?

>Where in Spain do you live m8?

Canary Islands, hope you have heard of them before. Many Americans I've known can't even tell on a map where it is, some others don't even known about their existence...

>That's because most spaniards don't believe in their legal system.

Totally true, another reason here it's an overcrowd profession. Law in Spain is basically, what people study when they don't have other options. It's quite a disreputed profession.

>I have seen this over and over and over...
Have you worked in Spain before? Where exactly if I may ask?

I am also spaniard. I am catalan and live in Barcelona but my mother is from Canary Islands, La Palma.

I am currently studying Law and in the future I want to be a lawyer

Jokes aside, Law is the second work field with less unemployment: pic related

I currently have this Nomos watch replica. I really don't like it because the sphere is too deep and white. I don't know if I explain myself btw. Look at pic realted.

That strap is from another watch, the original it's shitty

If you want a better replica, look at this. I am currently waiting for this order.

es.aliexpress.com/item/Nomos-famosa-Marca-Para-Hombre-Relojes-de-Lujo-del-Cuero-Genuino-Reloj-de-Los-Hombres-de/32669200304.html

Why are these so overpriced?
ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-CASIO-G-SHOCK-REPLACEMENT-BAND-AND-BEZEL-for-G9100-2-G-9100-2-BLUE-/131806745408?hash=item1eb04b5340:g:ylsAAOSwWF5XLvhy

Thinking about getting the Speedmaster Professional / Moonphase.

Thoughts ?

Which ref numbers? You can't go wrong really, but it's smarter to buy used in good condition than waste money on the markup for new ones.