Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer Ending Soon

My dear friends, I am here to remind you that the beloved free Windows 10 upgrade offer will in less than TWO months be free no more. You should all be realistic here and just get the upgrade over with before you end up having to pay for Windows 10 upgrade in the future. The Clock is ticking every day, summer will be over before you know it. Windows 10 has improved a lot since the beta, do not listen to all the people hating it. I know I'll be called out as a shill by the usual paranoid idiots, but seriously, nobody should let this bullshit misinformation and paranoia keep them from getting a free upgrade to Microsoft's best work yet.

Let's be realistic here: Microsoft is basically giving you a chance to increase the value of your rapidly depreciating computers for free, as well as to prolong their life for many more years, all for free. You visit Sup Forums - technology board, yet you're ok with being left behind in a luddite fashion while the rest of the modern computing world advances? What are you going to do, keep using 7 or 8 in 2020 when no programs or drivers support it? Let's not even mention how insecure those operating systems are. The fact of the matter is older versions of Windows are no longer going to be supported by Microsoft soon. Already there are less and less drivers and games that don't work on any operating systems less than 10. Just get it over with guys. You don't even have to use Windows 10 after you upgrade. If you really seemingly hate it so much, as soon as you upgrade to 10 you can go back to what you were using before and still keep the free Windows 10 license key in case you want to sell your computer or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/1uO4iWHkuC7zj8Wrzd1ULw
youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E
youtube.com/watch?v=VMPeTrHNX1U
rbt.asia/g/thread/S52217894#p52217894
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53741805#p53742105
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spot on, op. People should just get it over with. Windows 10 is basically just a more modernized version of Windows 7 with some very slight annoyances that can easily be removed in less than 2-3 minutes.

Thank you Pajeet, I'll upgrade immediately.

lol I can't believe there's still people who don't want to upgrade from being misled. Windows 10 is a lot better than older versions of Windows and the so-called spyware stuff is way overblown. I've been using Windows 10 since the beta and it works like a charm and always has.

I've never had any real problems with 10 either, I don't understand where all the backlash is coming from. Once you set it up to your liking and use classic shell it's basically a more modern, better looking, and optimized Windows 7.

well, i would gladly update pajeet but you didnt pajeeted enough work and my perfectly fine working office 2007 would not work on win 10 so i am not going to update windows just to buy new office

I'm gonna be laughing at all the butthurt when you racist fools have to waste $150 to upgrade your computers in a couple months. In 2017 and beyond nobody is going to slightly care to support your windows 7 installs. You can just upgrade and immediately downgrade and you still get to keep your Windows 10 license as a backup. It's a no-brainer at this point, but don't please take my word for it, it'll be fun to watch you make 10 threads complaining about how x game or driver doesn't work.

>In 2017 and beyond
Not quite, windows 7 sp1 eol is January 14, 2020

Not upgrading until they fix their shit.

My demands are:
- all telemetry removed completely with no option to enable it
- no forced updates

I'll stay on 7 until then. And don't feed me your FUD - it will be supported by future hardware.
As for security considerations, as long as you don't use glitchy Microsoft programs (like IE) and sit behind NAT, you're protected pretty much as well as with 10 with all updates.

support for 7 ended in early 2015. It's basically on life-support at this point for certain businesses whose outdated software requires them to use it. Most newer hardware doesn't even support Windows 7.

I'd rather ditch Windows entirely.
Have fun with your swiss cheese OS.

Telemetry literally takes 4 clicks to disable. And you can still install updates offline individually. You shouldn't fall for all the misinformation people like to parrot.

I do not believe you when you say that telemetry can be disabled.
More, I don't want to use a product by company that put this telemetry there in the first place.
I do not want to install their updates at all - offline or online.

>You shouldn't fall for all the misinformation people like to parrot.
Thanks. I'm not falling for OP's or your bullshit.

>You can just upgrade and immediately downgrade and you still get to keep your Windows 10 license as a backup.

>as a backup

How does this work exactly?

Alright, let's collab, Sup Forumsentoomen:

var stupidShills = [
{
"name": "Rajiv Dharmarapu",
"postingStyle": "Spot on, op. People should just get it over with",
},
{
"name": "Pradeep Singh",
"postingStyle": "I've never had any real problems with 10 either"
},
{
"name": "Rajesh Kumar",
"postingStyle": "Windows 10 is a lot better than older versions of Windows"
},
{
"name": "Prathaprabhu Singh",
"postingStyle": " Already there are less and less drivers and games that don't work on any

operating systems less than 10"
},
{
"name": "Pajeet Gupta",
"postingStyle": "What are you going to do, keep using 7 or 8 in 2020 when no programs or

drivers support it?"
},
{
"name": "Rahul Pratikshiva",
"postingStyle": "Windows 10 has improved a lot since the beta, do not listen to all the

people hating it"
}
]

..NEXT!

>I do not believe you when you say that telemetry can be disabled.
services.msc
select diagtrack service
click DISABLE
is it really so hard?
My friend, you are the only one who is falling for the bullshit. Most people who post about Windows know very little about what they are talking about. I manage a company with over 500 workstations and Windows 10 has been very good to us. You can be deluded and use your unpatched os, but don't be surprised when you get infected by a cryptolocker or some banking trojan.

Sweet, I can turn on updates without worrying about getting w10 raped
>offer extended
well shit

No reason to upgrade, op. I'm happy with my windows 7 pc.

>is it really so hard?
It's easy.

But when you say that doing this actually disables all telemetry, I do not believe you.

Again, I am not falling for your bullshit.

And it does not matter to me how high up corporate ladder you claim to be

And it does not matter to me whether you actually believe the bullshit you're writing or just pretending.

Microsoft saves your hardware config so if you ever install 10 on the same computer it's activated already.

>select diagtrack service
I don't have this under services.msc

What gives?

also rip out the appstore

man i can't tell you how much of a boner i got when i managed to actually kill cortana

not even the background service exists

Windows 10 is so fucking shitty that people won't even install it for free, and Microsoft has to trick and force them into doing so at the risk of getting hit by a class action lawsuit. It has to be the worst OS Microsoft has ever conceived.

Lol
>>Anybody paying for anything when pirate bay is available

Should i upgrade just to get a windows 10 and then downgrade so i have one if need be? Is that how it works?

>Breaking the law and stealing a backdoored version of something you can get for free.

Backlash is coming from a bunch of fsf shills screaming botnet basically

Yes you can immediately roll back after the upgrade and the Windows 10 license is saved to your motherboard.

How this update thing works?

All your soft works after upgrade?

Drivers?

Install gentoo

kek

In theory, yes
In reality its a tossup

I'm trying to think of the simplest way of 'upgrading' too, if only for just-in-case future need. I've got plenty of legit 7 Pro keys lying around but my current OS is a DazLoaded 7 Ultimate.

Think I'll have to make a Win7 backup image, fresh install Win10 with a legit 7 Pro key then reimage my old Win7.

Can a corporation go insane, in the same sense that a person can?

Because Microsoft seems like ii has lost its mind.

Turning their OS into literal malware is a simply bat shit insane idea.

>implying I use windaz instead of being glorious Linux masterrace.

>improved a lot since beta

It's literally shit cancer

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/1uO4iWHkuC7zj8Wrzd1ULw

lol you can't make this shit up.
Shills are going so hard.

And what if upgrade my hw in future?

Sage

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E

>Pajeet is getting desperate

It isn't working Pajeet. I will be so glad when this is finally over and you literal shitheads will shut the fuck up.

It was a huge pain in the ass to install linux on my laptop which came with 8 pre-installed. I don't want my arch installation to be fucked by windows.

Serious question, which do you guys think is more likely?
1. Windows backtracks on its statement that 10 will no longer be available for free and keeps trying to push it.
2. Windows continues to try to push it and charge $150 to your credit card when it automatically updates without your consent.

youtube.com/watch?v=VMPeTrHNX1U

>just a prank bro :^)

Excellent work, Pajeet, another bonus of 5 rupees have been deposited into your account for your hard work and dedication to the Microsoft family!

FUCK OFF PAJEET

>update to botnet10
>touhou games start to crash
Fuck off.

Pajeet is right everyone. There is literally no reason to not upgrade, especially that it's free. Compatibility with older programs is perfect, performance is great, native support for many things that Windows 7 doesn't have and other new things. Also, related to privacy, you can disable every personal information you don't want to send to Microsoft, like your location, what you have in your PC, what are you looking on the internet and so on.

>implying I can't pirate it

Okay buddy

2007 works for me when I installed it from the disc.

Only deactivates if you change the mobo

>support for 7 ended in early 2015. It's basically on life-support at this point for certain businesses whose outdated software requires them to use it.
Completeley wrong, Pajeet.
>Most newer hardware doesn't even support Windows 7.
Most new hardware still supports XP. You can stop now.

>bought chink tablet
>MS kills it
THANK YOU MICROSOFT

There are no ads in windows 10

You can disable them from settings, and all the tiles can be deleted and the start menu resized.

install gentoo

I'm upgrading to Windows 7 and XP. feels good, man.
Windows 10 is not an OS, it's an advertising/spyware platform.

>Most newer hardware doesn't even support Windows 7.

I'm gonna be laughing at you when (if i ever need a key) its only 15 dollars because it actually is.

I don't know. I have japanese games and most of them are recent ones and all of those games still supports Windows XP. It even demands to install Direct X 9.0c

Or you can just stay on 7

the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""modern"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" icons get me everytime

I worked in a factory that used windows xp until the day it ended its life support (like 2 years ago or something). Thats because they didn't use office or other shit, they simply had some special program running on it that controlled the machines.
Most factories or similar businesses like that don't give a fuck about updating just for the sake of updating, because it means paying extra money on new hardware, new OS licenses, new software (because the old one probably won't work), etc.
They actually upgraded to Windows 7 for some reason, which makes sense in the way that Windows 7 is a great OS, but now they'll have the same problem again in 2020 when the support for that stops.
I think they should just upgrade to an enterprise version of Linux and it's going to make life much easier for them. We constantly had problems with those windows computers anyway.

>paying for windows
oh wow

you missed the one that starts "My dear friends..."
Personal favourite.

8 threads since march?! GOOD GOD, NO!

>There are no ads

8 rupees have been deposited into your account.

>this is preinstaled

I like windows 10 but why does it keep installing fucking drivers automatically when I uninstall it for a reason holy shit. And yes I ticked the dont install drivers checkbox but it still does it

rbt.asia/g/thread/S52217894#p52217894

because it knows better, you're just another stupid user

No ads
it this operating system

>keep using 7 or 8 in 2020 when no programs {...} support it
yes, this and without any updates at all. It will work the same, perfectly like my second pc which is still XP and runs everything I need pretty damn well. Hopefully my little xp will be around 2020 too.

>upgrade PC in one year
>have to spend $200 because the OS was only free for your old board

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53741805#p53742105

wtf

No thanks. I will stick to windows 7. It's not broken so I am not going to attempt to fix it.

Can I "upgrade" on a dual boot basis, so I never have to use 10 and remain on 7?

I guess you could install a second win7 on another drive/partition, and only upgrade that.

What if I need to reinstall windows after the free upgrade thingy?

Reinstall is probably possible as long as you are using the same mainboard and windows version

Also some boards don't have a serial or UUID in the BIOS at all, MS will probably block reinstalls on those boards

Then you'll have to be a good goy and pay up.

>he doesn't want to play Candy Crush

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Parjeet

>it's preinstalled on the professional and enterprise versions
Server 2016 probably has this thrash as well, lel

I'm upgrading my PC soon and I lost my windows 7 product key. If I upgrade to windows 10 now, will I be able to transfer that windows 10 over to my new PC build without paying anything

no

Oh my god you are fuckin stupid

>Let's not even mention how insecure those operating systems are
Yeah lets not mention it because they're more secure than 10?