/spg/ smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com/
gizmochina.com/

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of May 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>ZUK announces new memephone ZUK Z2
gizmochina.com/2016/05/31/zuk-z2-announced-snapdragon-820-4gb-ram-priced-cheaper-mi5/
>Asus announces Zenfone 3 alongside premium Deluxe and giant Ultra models
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/30/11809676/asus-zenfone-3-deluxe-ultra-announced-specs

>Massive: Asus Zenfone 3 phones launch with 6GB of RAM and 6.8-inch display
techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/massive-asus-zenfone-3-phones-launch-with-6gb-of-ram-and-6-8-inch-display-1322398

>ARM’s new CPU and GPU will power mobile VR in 2017
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/29/11808042/arm-cortex-a73-mali-g71-computex-2016

>ARM introduces Cortex A-73 chip and Mali-G71 graphics chip; higher performance, energy efficient
phonearena.com/news/ARM-introduces-Cortex-A-73-chip-and-Mali-G71-graphics-chip-higher-performance-energy-efficient_id81620

>HTC One M9+ Prime Camera Edition goes official with MediaTek Helio X10 SoC, 5.2-inch display
gsmarena.com/htc_one_m9_prime_camera_edition_launched_with_with_mediatek_helio_x10_soc_52inch_display-news-18482.php

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/xVvvS
youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE
youtube.com/watch?v=sWggh8e07fY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used the OP image from the first smartphone general on Sup Forums, even though that thread was a colossal failure.

It's good to be back.

Anyone here with valid info on the Oukitel K6000 premium release date?

Soon.

Nothing official, but they've got working units already so I doubt it'll be more than 2 or 3 months before they're shipped.

Nothing official yet though.

Are you the tripfag that initially started these threads or has that guy just stopped posting here?

Apparently they haven't informed their paid shills yet.

Lel oukitel and affording shills.

No I tried starting a spg when the new iPhone was being released last year and I got tired of half the board being iPhone and smartphone threads.

Only got 5 or 6 replies before the thread died though.

Then someone else rebooted the general and it got more popular.

I was hoping to replace my old broken nexus 5, thought of getting the nexus 6p but im tight on money at the moment. should i go for the mi 5 or the rn3?

Also, where can Canadians buy their shit without getting scammed?

I went from a nexus 5 to the rm3p.

No regrets, battery life is a fucking miracle.

Note 3pro is better though

where did you buy yours? im really thinking of copping the note 3 pro now

Update the news if your'e making a new thread.

Aliexpress.

Just went with the cheapest available seller

Spend 480 on s7 ,like 540 on s7 edge or ~460 on 6s 16GiB or ~380 for SE (all price in pounds) or wait?
I am in no hurry for a phone.

:)

Tfw WhatsApp still lags

How do you get that?

Haven't even bothered sorting the chink junk on it other than enabling play desu. Pretty comfy overall but even 5" is a bit much for me.

Any opinions on the Blu vivo air lte?

should I just wait until the oneplus 3 gets released, or just go straight into buying the oneplus 2?

Also, how's snapchat quality on these new phones? im still stuck on nexus 5.

probably shit because snapchat sucks on android

not shilling, it literally just takes a picture from video feed :(

Thanks user.

Looks like I use my phone more than you, not something to be proud off I suppose.

Wait for the Note 6

Is it worth getting a Xiaomi Mi 5 chinkshit in Germany? I'm loving the specs and the price but afraid that the software is in chinkspeak and that it somehow isn't compatible with german providers.

Rare combo of normie night out and yuro sleep hours, I usually use it more. Have you found many annoying things with miui yet? One of my peeves is that adjusting the brightness removes the notification blind thing, what's the fucking point of that?

its chinktastic
also read the op

willmyphonework.net

There's a fair bit of junk to sift through but no more than 15-30 mins work. Well worth it to save a couple of hundred euros.

Switching between notifications and quick settings is annoying.

I don't mind miui too much 2bh, it's just the little things. No launcher is perfect.

I checked and supposedly it should be compatible with most german carriers. What do you mean with the junk to sift through? Is it the installation of the european ROM? Appreciate your help.

Yeah it's just the odd niggle. Overall it doesn't seem to impede the phone's performance so shouldn't complain really

I just left whatever rom it came with from the factory on because I'm lazy. If you do the same then you'll have about 20 chink apps to delete and a couple more that you can only hide, as well as mysterious shit like pic related that comes up when you swipe up on the home button. Other than that and installing gApps it's perfectly fine though.

Mine came with play store and gmail installed, but overall it's barely got any bloat.
Pretty sure this rom is malware but I'm too lazy to unlock and flash stock on it.

So I bought an exynos s7

any recommended apps that I should download? I come from a shitty phone so I only knew whatsapp.

that and if I need to pay to get some good apps

So I have a Oneplus One and been wanting to get a smaller phone but the only decent one that doesn't cost a shitload is the Oneplus X which has exactly the same specs as the Oneplus One. Should I just suck it up and get the Oneplus 3 instead since since it's actually futureproof? I've been thinking about getting a smartwatch or something so I don't have to pick up my phone every time if I just want to control my music or check notifications.

Ttorrent
Obviously clover (from fdroid)
Blackplayer ex
Quickpick (from xda not playstore)
WiFi File Transferer
Opera mini to browse on the go
Lightning(from fdroid)/Firefox with wlan
That's all I need

OnePlus 3 launches June 14th at 3:00PM with no invite system.

Who cares, it won't have a microsd slot.

Zuk Z2

Stop being an autist and buy a USB drive, there's no need for more than 64 GB storage in phones

Intredasting, do Zuk phones have any custom rom support?

>yfw we'll probably have 512GB microsd cards before 2020

Not as good as the OPO but yes they have some ROM support.

Any other reason you want to ditch your Oneplus? I'm seriously considering getting the 1+3.

Wow, how will I survive for 4 entire years without that with my 1 and 2 TB hard drives and cloud storage???

Nova Launcher
Package Disabler Pro
Adblock Plus extension for Samsung Internet
FX file browser

The biggest upside of android phones is a free system. To be able to expand the storage for cheap and being independent of the cloud™ isn't a feature but a must until lte is everywhere and unlimited mobile plans go for 20shekels per month.

Wow the iPhone One M9

Kek

>there's no need for more than 64 GB storage in phones

Not all people use their phones like you do, user.

Read my post again and pay extra attention to the "don't be autistic" and "get a USB drive" parts

No, because normal people use their phones as phones, not to store 4k Blu-ray rips on them.

>don't be autistic
>get a usb drive
Pick one

There's no particular reason, the phone still runs smoothly with Cyanogenmod 13, I just want to have the latest and greatest, especially an AMOLED screen.

Well, for example, I live in a country where 4g is not only sparse, it is also expensive.
My music takes up ~ 32GB. Then you take a few pictures, a movie or two(not even 4k), system files, and the fact that 64 GB isn't even 64GB, and there you have it.

It's nice to have the opportunity to expand is all I'm saying.

>tfw fell for S7 meme
If only that shitty fucking nexus 6p had a micro SD Card slot.
What's the likely hood of a micro SD card slot coming with the next Nexus release? I just want muh stock Android experience

>What's the likely hood of a micro SD card slot coming with the next Nexus release?

>Do I need a replacement 5x?
>imgur.com/a/xVvvS

I woke up this morning and used my phone starting at 50%, what followed was extreme lag, high temperatures (to the touch), and an overall crippling experience. At this moment I wasn't using much Snapchat, but more Facebook, YouTube and Google Music. I always Greenify (Stock Everything) after I use an app.

It's probably important to know that those apps listed don't lag at all when my first turn on my phone. I usually need to restart my phone at ~150 uptime hours to prevent several apps (including Snapchat) to stop lagging, but I was only at 34 hours at this moment so I was surprised to sew how bad my experience was.

Not streaming music in 2016 falls under being autistic

Even if it is a simpler and cheaper solution than the alternative?

I made this autismtable of all the current high-end phones. Horizontally are the specifications in sort-of order of importance.

I know .ac and the megapixels are pretty useless

>green=has feature or better
>yellow=lack feature or above min/max, but can be compensated
>red=lack feature and too much above or below the wanted spec

green is 2 points, yellow 1 and red 0. Total points added up where maximum is 26 points. Green = 22pt+, yellow = 20-21 points and red is Xiaomi Mi5 Pro is the best phone. The lack of wireless charging is compensated by USB-C and quickcharging. Lack of SD card reader is compensated by 128GB default storage. The imho ugly back can fully fixed with a neutral dbrand/slickwraps sticker or even a memecase.

>Simpler

What solution that lets me sync all my music and playlists over all my devices is simpler than just opening Spotify?

Spotify isn't that simple if you have to find some other means to listen to the significant chunk of your library that they don't have.

That being said Google Play Music solves this problem but still has the typical streaming problems (listening without signal, using other players).

Yes it is, just add your songs to a folder in Dropbox, add that folder to your local files and download them on your phone.

>5X
>bad looks
>6P
>average looks
dude what

So now I have to check hundreds of albums against Spotify's library to see what they have and then do exactly what I'm trying to avoid by streaming and download a load of music to my phone anyway?

oh fuck those should be the other way around

there are more mistakes. I made this last night when i was really tired and got so confused with colors

What? Do you know what playlists are?

I was thinking about doing one. Could you share it?

nigga everything is so easy with cloud but if ur still a bitch just get the 128gb edition

Won't happen. If you want stock and SD, get HTC 10, but don't expect the camera or display to be like the S7

You can get the S7 very close to stock, what are you missing?

I have it looking straight up like stock with Good Lock UI and a stock theme. I disabled most bloat too, just worried because samshit is bad at updating their devices as well as how horrible Gravity Box works with Touchwizz.

You forgot to consider durability m8
youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE
>best phone

I've heard about the durability of the regular Mi5, but the Mi5 Pro is supposed to be a lot better. Then again, your video is the only video showing how easily it breaks. Other stress tests, including bend tests, don't show it breaking so easily.

It isn't really surprising either. The Mi5 is $319, while the Pro is $449. With the specs the regular version has, you have to cut costs on something else. The Nexus 5X for example falls into the same price category as the regular Mi5, but lacks slightly on other aspects.

>scratch test for Mi5 Pro
youtube.com/watch?v=sWggh8e07fY

>Other stress tests
Very few can really be trusted. Many are either too gentle as they don't really want to destroy their device or have incentives to make a favorable impression.

I doubt the thinner model will have a vastly stronger frame but we will see. I'd definitely hold off until it's objectively tested.

I have $15 worth of botnet goodboy points from rewards

What i do get with them. I'm getting them faster than i can spend them which i guess is probably the idea.

I already have nova lancher prime , poweramp prime and blackplayer prime.

and podcast aps or anything ? What does Sup Forums recommend

Made a new version of Replaced .ac with Quickcharge abilities. Generally speaking 2.0 charges 60% in 30 minutes, while 3.0 charges 80% in 30 minutes. Other phones charge about 25% in 30 minutes.
MP replaced with overal camera quality taken from various websites.

Again: Green = 2pt, Yellow = 1pt, Red = 0pt.

>everyone needs to learn how to code!
>high school students need to learn to code!
>women need to learn to code!
>niggers need to learn to code!
>russians need to learn to code!
>indians need to learn to code!
>sorry, there are too many people who "know how to code," but are too retarded to make a functioning product so we're going to need to see proof of 5+ years of professional programming experience for this position
Is this all just a big meem to make it easier for oldfags to get jobs?

>waiting for the first reviews of the zuk z2

Let's see how this phone turns out to be, if it's shit and xiaomi released the kernel sources of the mi5 I'll probably buy a mi5

Help I'm cheap and from a third world country

how can I make easy cash to buy apps on the play store

Any anons in this thread living in Japan? I'm looking for a phone similar to the RMN3Pro that has LTE support on iijmio/Docomo at a similar level to the Nexus 5x. Either with 32gb storage or expandable

wrong thread or something? And yes it's the newest meme just like being transgender is the newest meme right now. Homos are boring, we need something more degenerate.

The 5X doesn't have qualcomm quick charge but does have adaptive fast charging and charges up at 30 equivalent speeds. I think the 6P has the same. It's a bit unfair to mark them down for that.

Also I'm just curious where you got those Weight and thickness target numbers from.

Yeah, I have no fucking idea how I posted this in this thread. I'll just blame it on Asian Moot.

- USA
- T-Mobile (gsm)
- 6inch ideally (would settle for 5.7inch)
- 350$ max
- as close to vanilla android as possible

Looking to upgrade from my oneplus one at the end of the year. zenphone 3 looks good, but too expensive. might settle for redmi 3. Want to see what google does before I make a final decision. Anything I should keep my eye on?

Is it possible to charge a normal device (tablet, smartphone) with a Qualcomm 2.0 chargeport?

Yes. Your device will only draw the current it is rated for.

Both the 5X and the 6P have the feature known as "fast-charging". This statement however is very vague and doesn't promise any percentage/time ratio. To profit from this fast-charging you need the original charging cable which is 5V/3A and then not all cables work.
The table is personal too. Some people don't care about the thickness or don't mind having a terrible camera. In the case of QC, I use tons of cables. Only buying original cables to profit from this alternative fast-charging is a no-go.

Weight and target numbers are based on personal preference. I currently own the OnePlusOne (top of the table) which is way too thick for me and really heavy. Having worked in a phone store, 7.6mm is my personal maximum for thickness and 150g the maximum weight.

Alright, not criticising just curious about your reasoning.
Why do you consider USBC to be so much better than micro? Personally I still see it as a disadvantage to anyone who already has a tonne of micro USB cables, chargers, powerbanks etc. as it requires a significant investment to replace them all.

Thanks user, love you.

While I do own a handful of reversible microUSB cables, USB-C is superior to microUSB for desk/car/speaker docks. On top of that, most people, including me, keep their phone for 2 years. USB-C is already becoming the norm and pc's, laptops and other appliances are joining rapidly.

In the USA, it's either iPhone of Galaxy. Everything else and you're considered a hipster or using an inferior product.

I'm turning an old phone into an offline gps+camera.
I intend to use it every once in a while when I'm going to places I don't know.
What app lest me have offline maps?
Anything else worth having on a disconnected device.

hello, i dont know shit about phones and i need to buy one.
my main concerns are that it should be able to rum hearthstone and have a decent battery duration
what can you reccomend?

psst, give price range or you will be ignored

whatever from mid to mid-high range.
i dont really know specifics

I'm reading up about the HTC 10 and it seems to be pretty much perfect.

Anyone own one who can tell me how they like it?

What is this? I have a 16GB Micro SD card that's almost empty but my phone storage is 100% full. I only have about 4 third party apps installed and some pictures, so I don't know why my storage is full.
Wat do?

Factory reset that shit.

Here maps

(not compatible with device)

That's because apps are installed on a dedicated small partition. There may be a tool for repartitioning on XDA, but I doubt it.

How do I root my phone?
Kingo root didn't work and I don't know any other methods.
Will answer questions about specs if needed.

Ah, I see.
Do you know any apps of that kind?