asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>150W
>Much slower than GTX 1070
>Consumes just as much power

RIP AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

>THEY FELL FOR THE POOLARIS MEME

>Consumes just as much power
costs 100 shekels less

Give it up, Kyle. Nobody gives a shit that the bad AMD man touched your special place.

B-but consumes 150w
Better than 980 and 199$
>490/Fury2 like 3x1080
Fanboys crying.

You look like a fanboi too, desubh fampai.

So I need new graphics card for 1080p 60FPS gameplay, nothing more than that, why would I pay 700$ for Nvidia when AMD can run all games at 1080 60 without any issues for a third of a price?

It's also like half the price

I dont care, I'm gonna buy the 8GB version no matter what. Just sucks I have to wait so long, and if I need more performance, I'll just buy another one

>480 is 150$+ cheaper

okay buddy

Nvidia cards are $379 and $599, stop with your $700 lies, AMDPOORFAG

the only ting preventing me from buying it would be worse performance than a 970..

maybe in america m8, here nvidia cards are a lot more expensive than amd cards

yep, same in my country too.. the founders edition is 800 euros

>20-25% VAT
>Blame companies for high prices

Good for you, YUROPOOR

I mean here TitanX costs about 1350$, 1080 will be atleast 1000$

this is their low profile card? That things the size of a bus.

relax autismo junior

I coughed up a lung.

yep, in croatia it will be even more than that. Its cheaper for me to buy from germany and avoid the 25% vat...

but I cant just bring myself to pay the 19% german vat either, since it would go to refugee financing

>tfw in sweden

I'm in an even worse seat.

>480 costs 200€ in europe
>1080 costs 800€
>2 480 beat the 1080 for half the price
Nvidia is done

>hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility/
>>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.
>>THEY FELL FOR THE POOLARIS MEME

>Have obvious bias towards shill companies
>Quits getting invited to launch events
>Rants on site about how bad AMD is
>Doesn't know basic facts, such as TDP vs power consumption

HardOCP is basically tumblr. Fucking feminist special snowflake syndrome.

Founders 1080 is going for $800 in America as we speak. Even worse than we imagined

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

SHIT MAN

I WANTED TO BUY A GTX 1070 BUT THIS

SHIT I HATE AMD BUT IT'S ONLY 200 BUCKS

>tfw you fell for the fury x meme

oh well, not like I need to upgrade

>I hate amd

You should go someplace else, Teddy. The Razer store perhaps.

I'll just buy the 480 in croatia. It will probably cost me 350 euros for the 8gb, but whatever, at least I dont finance cuck countries.

There is nothing wrong with Razer you meme shouting nigger

Just because you can't afford it faggot get a job

>still no good ShadowPlay counterpart
smiling_penn_jillette.jpg

RX 480 has a clock somewhere slightly north of 1200mhz, this is the only reason why its a 150w card, other wise it'd be in its sweet spot sitting at 100w~ 14nm LPP operates with low target voltages, and thought it does improve fmax, you're still having higher dynamic power come with that. GCN CU are just way too big and beefy to hit high clocks. Like the Polaris 11 demo showed, the arch excels in perf/watt around 850mhz.

AMD made the choice to clock a small die a bit higher at the cost of power consumption so they could mass produce a cheap mainstream card. Raw cost per die, if GloFo is to be believed, is cheaper than 28nm HPP. Even AMD themselves has stated cost per transistor is now lower.
Its a pretty good marketing decision.

Why do you niggers care so much about video cards holy shit

I'm honestly wondering about the 32 CU GPU, which will probably perform on par with a 970/390, which is all the performance I want really. Otherwise I want the card to be cheap, run quiet with low power consumption.

keke

nvidia btfo once again

Autism is a very broad spectrum

Have they said anyting concerning the temps of the cards idle & on load ? What can we expect ?

The real loser here is Sup Forums

>just buy a 480

>weedman attacks again

>1200mhz
For max turbo.
36CU at 1150mhz nominal gets you 5.2TFLOPS. 5.299 more specifically.
1150mhz is a 35% increase in frequency over 850mhz, power consumption of the Polaris 10 cards is going to drop through the floor when clocks are lowered. Thats good news for a prospective 64CU Vega card. They could have a card that out performs the GTX 1080 at 175-200w~

It's amazing how poor people are on this board.

>Slower than the 1080
>Slower than the 1070
>Slower than the unreleased 1060

If this was a airline
1080 = Private jet
1070 = First class
1060 = Economy class
Rx 480 = Strapping yourself to the wing and holding on for dear life.

Will vulcan ever actually make multi gpus more effective? Will it reach the point that AMD can actually compete with this because its cheaper to buy and use multiple of their gpus?

Also will I know be able to make my hobby neural network out of cheap amd gpus?

Thank you for kindly do the needful sir pajeet!

But strapping yourself on is cheaper!

The 1080 and 1070 are Nvidia's high end.
The RX 480 is AMD's mid range, and works out to be something like 10% away from Nvidia's 1070.

This nonsensical shitposting doesn't show you in a good light, user.

No because cudnn will NEVER EVER work on AMD hardware.

thats the 4gb one. they forgot to mention the 8gb prices

Vulkan and DX12 should have better multi-GPU support than DX11 but until AMD and Nvidia solve the PCIe issue, SLI / Crossfire will never have perfect scaling, as the cards interact with a bus that is much slower than the video RAM of each individual card.

Lucky you.

>costs $180 less, practically half the price
>about 90% of the performance

Ayyyy

its not like you need more than 3.5gb anyway

we just have 1 benchmark so far

Desperate clutching at straws nvidiot shill

I dont have that problem, my 1080 has lots of gb

Well that is good news I think. The server room right now is screaming for faster interfaces. Hopefully PCI will be getting another upgrade soon.

Dont like that cooler, anyways though, what is the performamce really gonna be comparable too?

where does the fury x place in all of this

is it getting btfo?

I do need to load muh mods. Also I play 4k 60 fps.

Get on my level.

We need something with at least 200GB/s of bandwidth so each GPU can read and write to the other GPUs dedicated memory without a significant performance penalty.

just curious,

why would you buy a"founders edition" nvidia card anyway?
are they supposed to be more reliable? (would that even be a thing since gaymers buy a new card every year anyway)

It's just for cucks.

Translate that to white people's money please

Sah affordable. Anybody who doesn't fall for the meme is a poorfag

Whoa. You mean...it's better than last Gen????

they did, 250 USD

I forgot its half term and kiddies are off.
I bought my 1080 because.......I wanted one.

Fury x beats the 980ti in all games that have been released in 2016

link? I didnt think itd been verified. Only the 4gb one was, well thats from an article i read

Why the fuck is a BMX rider talking about graphics cards?

Fury X gets replaced by the Vega line. Non X Fury and Fury Nano might be very close to the RX 480.

>1080 founders muuuh 700€
>Wait custom for 599$
>custom 900€
>Nvidia moneyfire

>1080 and 1070 are high end
What is 1080ti?

I hope amd thrives but holy shit this site is so biased to the point of making me only want nvidia.

$1.306 buying with installment
$1.111 buying in cash

It's weird really. Having high end hardware doesn't excite me in any way. I'm more into having something that has barely enough performance and tweaking it relentlessly.

Oh man what a nice little rig am I buying this summer.
Zen + one X2 card of those and I am set for few years

Seriously.

>970 pref
>when 970 has been selling for sub $220 since last year
>290x were selling for $240 new before 390x release in fucking 2015
>both 970 and 290x gets 980 pref once overclocked

What's there to be excited about? It doesn't offer any better pref/dollar than cards released 3 years ago and the pref/watt isn't any impressive compared to Pascal.

The ti cards are a halo product. Lrn2 market positioning before you make a post.

Except there is no msrp versions you nigger.

Only the reference card "founders edition" which is 699$

oh man i love shitposting before real benchmarks

Hi pajeet

970 for $220 and 290X/390 for $240? You gonna link those? Because they're close to $300 or higher pretty much everywhere, even with discounts. You're looking at 2nd hand prices, when this $199 price tag is for a brand new card.

You nvidia gay cocksucking drones have serious comprehension problems. 150W refers to the maximum amount of power that the card could draw from its connectors. If you think that the 150W refers to real power draw we could also logically assume that the gtx 1070 is a 225W housefire because is powered by an 8 pin connector

it's closer to 980 performance if the anandtech 'leak' is to be believed

wccftech.com/amd-polaris-10-gpu-specs-leaked/

>lol crossfirex
Dual GPU solution will be awesome for VR and DX12 BUT for gamers trying to play the newest demanding titles like Fallout 4 (AMD SUCKS FOR THIS GAME) the microstutter will make it unusable for stuff that still runs older DX. I had this issue when I used dual 6950 cards. For some games it was great and for others it was worthless from all the microstutter. Going forward it will be great that DX12 will solve the issue of shit multi gpu performance.

Dumbasses always do this. Cue some spastic ranting about his $100 3 year old ebay Xeon.

NVIDIA WON

RIP BANKRUPT AYYMD

last i checked, the Strix 1080 comes out in 3 days. Thats a month before we'll see any amd card.
>nigger
asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING/

>Out of stock

It's unbelievable people still buy stuff at retail prices when deal sites are so readily accessible.

>Just because something is faster means that it's ok to spend an infinite amount of extra money in it
Fucking lmao

>open box
lmao, might as well throw your money away

sad but true

>Console killer series

>what is amd vce
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine

>2nd hand shit
Yea, because that always works 100% of the time, right?
When I'm putting hundreds of dollars towards a product, I'd rather have it brand new out of the box and knowing that I have warranty guaranteed in case shit goes south. Especially with electronics.