Light Bulbs

What does Sup Forums think about LED light bulbs? What about CF bulbs? and what of standard bulbs and halogen bulbs?

Which bulb is best Sup Forums?

They're shit, build a time machine then we'll talk.

Standard bulb is best bulb.

Tungsten Filament > LED > Arclight > Gas lamp > Oil Lamp > moonlight > CCFL

Led bulbs are great if they don't flicker at 50 or 60 Hz. Most of them do though.

I like my philips hue bulbs.

>LED not much greater than all others

opinion instantly discarded.

I recently completely changed all my lights to LED. the soft white bulbs are better than CFL as they turn on instantly when it's cold and they last nearly 5 times as long as cfl. Also when CFL's break you're going to spend the better part of 30 minutes finding all the glass dust.

Incandescent bulbs are still the best in terms of light quality but they don't last long and the same goes for halogen and halogen filaments are prone breaking when turned on and bumped in my experience.

>blue light
Enjoy your retinal damage. Data is already coming out.

>Implying all LEDs are 6000+k
>Implying that study was credible and not halfass and misinterpreted for clickb8

5.5k-6k or bust

>CFL
best overall bulb
>LED
not enough power savings or other advantages over CFL to warrant their expense
>incandescent
kek

>best overall bulb
>shit jagged spectrum

this isn't the 70s, back when triphosphor tubes made your jelly beans look weird. their spectrum nowadays is measurably imperfect, but in practice this doesn't matter at all for almost anything.

Light bulbs do not respect your freedoms, I recommend gas-powered lamps or candles until someone finds a way to encrypt even standard bulbs.

>he thinks ALL leds are blue
>he thinks blue LEDs cause retina damage

I honestly hope you're trying to be funny.

They're wicked bright and the light is better than CFLs. Not as good as incandescent, but a solid 2nd place.

I love my two LIFX Color 1000 WiFi LED bulbs, fucking based.

I got a some Cree LEDs for my exterior lights and lights that I keep on 24/7. No complaints here.

I've had bed experiences with Philips ones, though.

I have one milight bulb that I use to experiment with chronotherapy-type stuff. It produces decent color but I'd like it much better if it could make deeper reds, closer to IR spectrum shit, and also uv as in blacklight.

LEDs are the future for lighting. Cheap, low voltage, less heat dissipation, and low power/lumen compared to other techs, reliable and if not, cheap.

Finally a solid alternative to filament.

But I have blue LEDs in my computer case to keep the temperature down!

>LEDs
>not as good as incandescent bulbs

Holy fuck

idc what fucking light it is, but if it's not 5500-6500kelvin it can fuck off

5500-6000K*

I agree, most incandescent bulbs are WAY too warm for my tastes.

we samefag now

led>heat>mercury

this, tbqh famalam

CCFL is trash.

LED is okay.

Halogen is nice, but it's more of a heater than a light.

same here.

Actual Sup Forums related lighting

Those are daylight bulbs.

For offices and such.
Not intended for home use, where you mostly use your lights at night.

Tl t00bs r best