Press got punished by AMD for verifying game quality settings

> Press got punished by AMD for verifying game quality settings
Massive red flag (no pun intended).

AMDFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmfMfhRI6To&feature=youtu.be&google_comment_id=z13ow3dgjlj0up4p304cjbrz5tugxzur5yo0k
linustechtips.com/main/topic/604262-price-tag-of-rx-480-revealed-199-4gb-229-8gb-confirmed/?page=9#comment-7835328
youtube.com/watch?v=z-C0s2x3v3c
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/ac88258f-4541-408e-8234-f9e96febe303
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/a957db0f-59b3-4394-84cc-2ba0170ab699
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/8b748568-fc96-4e48-9fed-22666a7149f5
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/89760c37-0f1f-4a01-9f08-af807deaaa3e/match-details/599c8698-507a-4bbd-8936-a333cba7274e
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/6b9e8c43-df70-4cec-8ddb-b209c0316fa8
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/6fe4c5d3-f74f-4d17-8281-3a5fbc1ed9ab/match-details/ce2d6c5f-bcb7-42a3-b0f2-fbef0f58da17
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AMD is shit
>Nvidia is total shit
>consoles are old and shit
The only winning move is to stop playing vidya, I'm tired of this stupidity

I don't use my high-end video card to play video games, though.
I do a lot of video rendering.

And it's not because they didn't want them to mess with the display?

more like "hardware cucks" HA amirite?

Kyle was right.

>buying a gpu that comes in prebuilts from a major manufacturer.

>sign an NDA
>bitch about it after

How about you don't get to report anything?

It's a non-disclosure agreement, not a "not-allowed-to-know-about" agreement.

They obviously have the information.

>some random employee doesn't want some random blogger faggot fucking up his setup
damn.. really makes you think, huh?

can't they just look online and compare the quality from screenshots? Are "journalists" this dumb?

Of course any company doesn't want a bunch of idiots fucking up their settings.

They obviously don't, otherwise they wouldn't need to confirm the graphics settings.

I think they're called tech bloggers.

Can't do the same shit with Nvidia CES demo too.
Its standard practice user.

welp amd are finished. if it was really running at ultra settings they'd have no problem showing it off. its probably running at medium with ultra textures or something shitty like that.

good riddance amd and hello nvidia.

it really doesn't matter if you don't pay attention to all of this idiotic bait.

Mr. Shekelstein congratulates you on such a quality shillpost.

How do you know they were trying to confirm the settings? I didn't read that part of the tweet. Oh that's right, I don't have the reading comprehension of a 4th grader.

not him but you should really stop posting. you're making yourself look like a bit of twat right now

Nvidia does the same god damn thing.

It makes sense probably due to drivers not being optimized enough to highlight the hardwares true capabilities.

Because I am correct?

Well spoken friend! Truly with the power of Nvidia™ graphics cards such as the new GTX 1080™ and GTX 1070™, we can enjoy the latest games such as DOOM™,The Way It's Meant to be Played™!

>It makes sense probably due to drivers not being optimized enough to highlight the hardwares true capabilities.
Really sounds like a cop-out and poor excuse to me.

are you seriously trying to imply he didn't try to press escape to check the settings? why would he even mention "can't show the settings" if he wasn't trying to do that in the first place?

please, stop posting. r/amd wants you and your autism back.

>AMD stock back in the toilet again

thanks

Well i mean the 480 is only meant as a bigger stop gap then rereleasing the same damn card... also - less power is gud af

It's well known that GPU's tend to get better as drivers are better optimized.

AMDFAGS LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH RIGHT NOW
AMD BTFO

But the AMD setup was faster. Where is he getting that information from?

>
Except if you're using a Nvidia gpu

the fact that the nvidia demo had visibly better image quality and was running smoother?

post frametimes pajeet

I love this meme, you should post it more.

You don't need me to post here if you own a Nvidia gpu. Just watch the fps drops in games drivers after drivers.

link or it's inspectelement bait

>Better image quality

No it doesn't.

Open this link and then scroll down to the comments. It'll be the first comment, you have to click "show replies":
youtube.com/watch?v=wmfMfhRI6To&feature=youtu.be&google_comment_id=z13ow3dgjlj0up4p304cjbrz5tugxzur5yo0k

Varied snow effects, terrain isn't a constant in the game. There was no difference in image quality.

I didn't know anything about the game either so I looked it up on youtube.

Thanks, user.

Keep going user, this is great stuff.

so you're either blind or can't afford to stream at full quality? many people in both stream and thread chat noticed the graphical quality disparity

but of course it's not like amd would resort to shady FPS shenanigans. oh wait it's like we forgot about the entire crossfire frame pacing fiasco. kys

No, you are just retarded and think that less snow = better quality.

Texture size is the same, textures are different, it's fucking feature of the game.

no. the benchmark is always the same. only when you're playing the actual game does it have dynamic and procedurally generated terrain. the fact they used the benchmark which is supposed to be the exact same every single time and was visually different proves that there was something up.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/604262-price-tag-of-rx-480-revealed-199-4gb-229-8gb-confirmed/?page=9#comment-7835328

[citation needed]

>amdrones still defend this company

and to reiterate, the nvidia demo had richer textures AND was running smoother. do amdogshit cards even have hardware-implemented frame pacing yet?

I doubt $199 would be the amount you'd pay for a high end card.

No you're wrong.
The benchmark were specifically made to mirror in game calculation and shit.
The benchmark AI actually attack different enemy and move ,within their variable, differently in each run.

The benchmark have a procedure generated terrain not just to simulate in game experience, but also to avoid cheating the benchmark on driver level (override Nvidia or AMD custom texture setting etc)

Please ignore all the fact that have been thrown around and continue to make yourself looks retarded Nvidiafag.

More snow

That's what they were advertising it at, though. They were unfairly comparing it to the GTX 1080 by "artificially" increasing the framerate (i.e. lowering all of the settings).

this isn't a snow benchmark but notice how the terrain is exactly the same with the same grass textures throughout the two different tests with the same settings

youtube.com/watch?v=z-C0s2x3v3c

the only way to change the look of the terrain to have as big of a difference there was between the 1080 and 2x480 would be to turn the shadow quality and the terrain shading samples. if you re watch the video of the 1080 vs cf 480 you can see the shadows and the terrain shaders look much more flat on the amd side.

no it doesn't, what nvidia side has is bigger Z value, this is part of games engine doing it's work and mixing it up, this doesn't require more or less power to run it.

While textures are clearly, visibly the same fucking size.

This is basic feature you can see in unity engine and CryEngine to name a couple, you are tech illiterate.

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/ac88258f-4541-408e-8234-f9e96febe303

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/a957db0f-59b3-4394-84cc-2ba0170ab699

>The benchmark have a procedure generated terrain

no it doesn't you retard. the terrain in the benchmark is exactly the same every time you do it. there is no difference.

BTFO
T
F
O

It's over boys, time to pack up.

this can't be it. why are they both running different versions. that would be a unreliable benchmark if this was actually it.

There's actually a benchmark with what is allegedly a single Radeon RX 480

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/8b748568-fc96-4e48-9fed-22666a7149f5

There is a difference user, which version of the map you're running? Which preset?
Also the terrain procedure effect were mainly weather related.

>2 RX 480s required to even get close to 1080 performance
AMD BTFO
HOLY SHIT

>intel cpu
so even amd doesn't use amd cpus LMAO

t. amd fanboy

Remind me again why people even care about the performance of cards that AMD already came out and said "yeah this isn't gonna be the fast stuff you all want" several months ago?

try and find someone with same version in this god damn benchmark, I can't.

there is NO difference. stop being a retard. all the benchmark tests run EXACTLY the same with the exact same textures. find me a video that shows the terrain is different in every benchmark. this video already proves that the terrain is EXACTLY the same in the benchmark.

Every time i google them or search them on youtube i enter "hardwarecucks" and it brings me right to their channel. The search engine don't lie.

it's EXACTLY the same on the same PC, different PC might have different random value.

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/89760c37-0f1f-4a01-9f08-af807deaaa3e/match-details/599c8698-507a-4bbd-8936-a333cba7274e

found one, and what do you know, it has a 1000 higher score.

I think I'm seeing shills.

shiiiieettttttt

Different CPU running at higher clock speeds.

funny, because here's another test using that version

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/b0db0294-8cab-4399-8815-f956a670b68f/match-details/6b9e8c43-df70-4cec-8ddb-b209c0316fa8

>RadeonDemo

wow your post literally just confirmed that amd are messing with the 1080 performance somehow.

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/6fe4c5d3-f74f-4d17-8281-3a5fbc1ed9ab/match-details/ce2d6c5f-bcb7-42a3-b0f2-fbef0f58da17

here is one that is closer to Radeon Rig and score is also very similar.

maybe the point is that there are more factors at play than the version, you retarded faggot

>hardware canucks
>every review has the price of what they're reviewing in USD
Fuckers

Jay is the worst of the tech youtubers. Hes such a fucking asshole.

>very similar
>gets a higher score than the 2x480

and ANOTHER independent result that gets higher scores than all the amd scores. jesus christ amd are trying to pull some shady shit. i guess ill go with nvidia this time round.

ever heard of overclocking, you fucking shill?

My god, you are literally most retarded person on Sup Forums

I bet you also think that Athlon x4 will have same FPS as i7

Nope because AMD does not make high end CPUs Even their Project Quantum uses Intel. AMD and Intel are friends more than enemy

>tries to call out a company for potentially rigging results
>s-shill
>s-stop insulting muh beloved amd
>all these other benchmarks are lies
>i-it's overclocked, i swear

Or you could just play old vidya like I do. There's lots out there. Running new vidya at low settings is fine too.

>maybe if I add a stutter it'll make me seem right!
you're not very bright, huh?

you can't compare results with different circumstances. there are so many factors that could affect the scores drastically

Everyone's an asshole, they're just better at hiding it than others.

so, a bunch of idiots?

Do you have any proof for this?

Yes, I do.
See here:

They were also running 2 of the RX 480, I believe.

i said it yesterday the 2 amd cards were running the game at min settings and the 1080 was at max settings

my caps lock key is fixed now

They kinda publicly stated that during the stream.

RX 480 is a mid range card and is going to be sold for ~$200, 1080 is a high end card being sold for $700

But they shouldn't have been comparing it to the 1080, it's very misleading.

I'm an r9 380 owner, and swear by AMD GPUs.
But why make two separate cards while your competitors make one strong card? Everyone knows Crossfire has problems, and I sure as hell can't take AMDs word on "we will make it better".
All they had to do was make a single card that had good temperatures for once.

599 MSRP*

corrected that for you. no need to thank me.

The entire section was about budget gaymen.

>But why make two separate cards while your competitors make one strong card?
AMD will release a strong card in the Fall or early 2017. Mainstream cards are being released first

This benchmark could have been used as a selling point instead of the 2 480s, the performance of a single 480 is around 25% less than the 1080 but with more than a 50% decrease in price. (in AOTS at least)